Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 12:25 PM

168 posts, read 529,881 times

Advertisements

Hi. It's very interesting how you do a google search and really seems hard to find those play places for kids even when we were in California or here. I wonder how they list them if not indoor play places or playgrounds. I want to let them play outside but wow it seems when they are little there are sooo many huge bugs and hazards, not to mention the factor of the divided attention in public, and hard to keep eye on and control toddlers running in different directions. That's why I like those play places, where they can play to their hearts content and I can watch them, and they can get fabulous interaction with other kids of all types. Love it. Wish there were more. I look at all the parent sites, but noone has just easy lists like this gocitykids used to have in California, the one they have for San Antonio was sooo small I was surprised with really no info. Or I could be navigating the site wrong.

I know other mothers can feel me, but I am new here, so I wish we could have a thread or list where we could go to places. I did find Bigtopkidz (which I'm going to try at some point-seems really cool and can get discounts) and just now found Dynamoze (but seems expensive for not alot $10 to let kid play there) but want to see if there are more to choose from. You know how you're always looking for something different or new. Plus money is an issue so hopefully can find cheaper ones.

One day we were driving in San Antonio, and noticed a Jumping something place in a shopping center but can't remember the name or where it is, does anyone know anything about it??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 12:51 PM

168 posts, read 529,881 times
Just wanted to say I think I found the Jump one I was thinking about ...I think this is it.. in case anyone interested. Looks pretty cool, and seems to have discounts like 2 for 1 and cheaper than that Dynamoze. I think it's like $5, but I gotta sift through the site, just came back quick to post it.
Home

Old 10-06-2008, 01:19 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,553,014 times
There's also a jumping place at Rolling Oaks Mall. I've only been there once, but to be honest I'd find it as hard if not harder to keep an eye on more than one kid there than a public playground! My 2 yo had a blast though.

Have you seen this magazine? Our Kids San Antonio Online It's free, available in a lot of local stores to pick up.

There's the San Antonio Kids Museum San Antonio Childrens Museum. Not exactly a run around and scream thing like the jumping place, but lots for kids to touch and feel there.

There's also the Magik Theatre Education at Magik Theatre | Academy
The website makes it sound a little more formal than it really seems to be. It's a very 'open' creative outlet for kids, but does require a commitment to attend regularly.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:46 PM

667 posts, read 1,567,050 times
Default Zoo

If you have kids under age 5, the zoo has an excellent area for the toddlers. My daughter goes about once/week (annual passes are only $65 for the whole family)

Old 10-06-2008, 03:11 PM

734 posts, read 3,015,194 times
The Rolling Oaks mall has Incredible Wonderland (can't find a link!) but Tuesday and Thursdays are half off ($5). On West and Bitters is Incredible Pizza Company - Enjoy our huge all-you-can-eat buffet, indoor Go-Kart Races, Bumper Cars, Route 66 Mini Golf, a huge video game arcade with prizes, Bowling, and more! (Not just food -but all the token games too. Can get pricey but they have weekly specials.

Another bounce place is Pump It Up | Kids Birthday Party | Indoor | Inflatable | Jumping Party | Children's Bounce Party

A new place, that is where Kidztown used to be is - Funtastic Playland

There is also Mini Town - Childrens birthday party place in san antonio texas - I haven't been there yet.

You found Big Top and Dynamoze, those are good places.

There is also a great children's museum in New Braunfels McKenna Children's Museum - Welcome! (http://www.nbchildren.org/default_flash.aspx - broken link)

And to find out more - San Antonio Kids' Directory This is a great directory of things to do in SA!

Old 10-23-2008, 03:32 PM

3 posts, read 85,901 times
Funtastic Playland is an EXCELLENT place to take your kids. The price is great (less than a lot of other places) and they have specials in the Our Kids and Kids Directory Magazines! I had my child's birthday party there and I have to say it was the most pleasant party we have ever had for her. The Birthday packages are just about all-inclusive so it takes a lot of the hassle out. They also have open play 6 days a week all day! With your admission, you can even leave and come back. They say they are getting ready to open a snack bar so we are definately looking forward to that.

Try it! It is unlike an other place in San Antonio!! www.funtasticplayland.com

Old 10-23-2008, 03:49 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloemomh View Post
Funtastic Playland is an EXCELLENT place to take your kids. The price is great (less than a lot of other places) and they have specials in the Our Kids and Kids Directory Magazines! I had my child's birthday party there and I have to say it was the most pleasant party we have ever had for her. The Birthday packages are just about all-inclusive so it takes a lot of the hassle out. They also have open play 6 days a week all day! With your admission, you can even leave and come back. They say they are getting ready to open a snack bar so we are definately looking forward to that.

Try it! It is unlike an other place in San Antonio!! www.funtasticplayland.com
I will definately check this place out! I wish they had pictures on their site but it just says "coming soon"

Old 10-24-2008, 09:30 AM

3 posts, read 85,901 times
I wish they did too. They said they are working on it. All of the guests at my party thought this place was so cool and their kids had a great time!

Old 10-24-2008, 09:50 AM

298 posts, read 945,039 times
We took the kids to Minitown last week and they had a good time. Lots of interactive play rooms (similiar to a childrens museum) and they have a great outdoor area with a playscape and bike trails to ride little scooter bikes on. We went during the week and there weren't many others there.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:08 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloemomh View Post
I wish they did too. They said they are working on it. All of the guests at my party thought this place was so cool and their kids had a great time!
What age group does it seem to be geared to? More toddler or older kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio