Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 03:38 AM

1 posts, read 3,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
One thing I've heard about HEB, though, and someone else will have to confirm........I heard that if you have an HEB-made coupon and a manufacturer's coupon for the same item, you could use both of them at the same time. Anyone else heard this?
It depends. When you say HEB-made coupons, you're referring to the yellow coupons, right? Well HEB will accept a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon together. But yellow coupons do not always equal STORE coupons. If you look in the corner of the coupon, you will see a square with an "M", that's a manufacturer coupon. If you see an S, that's a store coupon and you can stack it with another coupon. I worked at HEB for a year and NEVER saw a store coupon come through. I shop there every week and go to that darn coupon board and I still have never seen a coupon with an S on it.

I've heard that their Meal Deals are store coupons but unless it's the Rotisserie Chicken, I've never found their Meal Deals worth it so I haven't checked those coupons.

I'm getting fed up with HEB. It would be nice if there weren't like 20 HEBs here and only 1 sun harvest and 1 Super wal-mart (though it's on the other side of town(I live in Corpus)). I'm trying to get a stockpile going from Walgreens and CVS so that way I don't have to go to HEB so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 01:00 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
For those of you that use coupons, don't foget this local SA site for GREAT coupons you can print and use!

Coupons

Old 05-31-2009, 01:13 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
For those of you that use coupons, don't foget this local SA site for GREAT coupons you can print and use!

Coupons
Thanks! Talk about a day late...I just shopped yesterday, could have used a lot of these!! Oh well, know i know about this site! Thanks

Old 05-29-2012, 08:02 AM

2 posts, read 4,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
Well, funny you should mention that sapphire. I went to HEB last Sunday and had a manufacturer's coupon for an item and HEB also had one of their coupons for the same item. I had heard this too about using both, and thought what the heck, let's give it a try. Well, the system would not accept both the manufacturer's and HEB's coupon for that item. It was one or the other.
At HEB you can combine a Manufacturer's coupon AND a BIG or Store Savings coupon. To see if you can 'stack' you have to see a big letter B or S on the HEB yellow coupon. If the coupon HEB has displayed has a big letter M on it - it is a Manufacturer's coupon. The best application of this is if they have a "Meal Deal" and it is a B coupon as you can then apply coupons for every item in the deal... For example, when the $1 off Wet N' Wild makeup coupon came out in the Sunday paper I got soooo excited because HEB also had a .50 off B coupon so I bought 31 lip-liners at .99 and 9 nail polishes at .99 then applied my $1 off and their .50 Big Savings and essentially got paid (applied to other items - HEB will not pay you for overages, you have to cover it in product) $20.40 to do so

Also, I haven't read through the whole thread yet but for those of you looking for double coupons, Super S in Castroville and Devine both double up to .50 cents but take care because I find their prices on some items can really eat up the savings if you are comparing them to HEB prices. (Take care if they enter them in 'bulk' because the system won't automatically double it if they enter your 9 coupons for .50 off as 4.50...

Last edited by lamtodd; 05-29-2012 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: added point

Old 05-29-2012, 11:34 AM

4,062 posts, read 5,645,484 times
I prefer 1-item coupons, just cents off. The 2-item coupons at HEB almost always are not worth it for me to bother with. Double coupons would be nice...wish some place would do that! Unfortunately, HEB has virtual monopoly rights in the area, except for the supertargets and superwalmarts. Now they're putting up unbelievably humongous warehouse-like plus stores...if they came with much better prices, might be okay, but that won't happen.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:58 AM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,187 times
I think Kroger was the last ones to offer double coupons.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:10 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,556,576 times
Like HEB, you can combine/stack 1 manufacturer's coupon with one store coupon at Target. I do keep a printout of the store policy with me, but I have never had an issue.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:37 PM

2 posts, read 4,630 times
For reference the Super S (LOWES) in Devine doubles up to .25 cents and the one in Castroville doubles up to .50 cents but honestly for example... Yakisoba @ HEB = .64/each; yakisoba @ superS = 1.19/ea = apply .50 cent coupon at HEB pay .14/each...double .50 to $1 at SuperS and you pay .19 each pack. Still, HEB wins.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,014 times
I think it is so sad that every where else they have double and tripple coupons but we are basicly screwed because we live here in Texas.. I used to love to go shopping with my kids when they were small because we has super S and Krogers and most of them took coupons and would double and tripple them and since I was raining my kids by myself and on a limited budget I would do awesome with my coupons and had everything figured to the cent on my receipt it was so cool to bring home like 40 or 50 bags now its like at the most 10 bags and it costs a heck of alot more I miss the good old days!!!!

Old 04-06-2013, 09:13 AM

37 posts, read 51,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Aleman View Post
I think it is so sad that every where else they have double and tripple coupons but we are basicly screwed because we live here in Texas.. I used to love to go shopping with my kids when they were small because we has super S and Krogers and most of them took coupons and would double and tripple them and since I was raining my kids by myself and on a limited budget I would do awesome with my coupons and had everything figured to the cent on my receipt it was so cool to bring home like 40 or 50 bags now its like at the most 10 bags and it costs a heck of alot more I miss the good old days!!!!
If you live in TEXAS you are not screwed, love it or leave it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio