Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 11:53 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,208,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viny80 View Post
I don't blame you for not wanting to go to Mexico. Stay away, especially for an American woman alone or in general for leisure. It' s too dangerous and human trafficking is big there. I personally will not care if I ever set foot over there again. I wish we'd just have a huge earthquake and it would detach from the US.
I totally agree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,409 times
I went to a dentist in san antonio to have a crown replaced, or fixed, came back out with 3 sets of plans: $50,00 then dropped to 25,000 then to 10,000. I have dental insurance that would pay/cap at 1500 a year. Dissuaded me from using any insurance. I know I will need further work. Would like to have dentures on top (have had enuff pain to last a life time). This was not one of the options. I am 54, she said I am too young for dentures (only want them on top). A friend of mine had work done in Eagle Pass, not sure where but said it was a woman doctor at the Plaza. Any help would be appreciated. This will be the third time I will have had extensive work done and I am worn out. I live in San Antonio, signed "down in the mouth"

Old 06-23-2010, 02:24 AM

210 posts, read 503,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Yeah, I agree. Now, if we were talking about British dentists, then I could understand the concern...
OI!

Old 09-14-2011, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,897 times
Default Free Dental Services

I will not go to UTHSCSA like you mentioned. If you need free dental services go the San Antonio Christian Dental Clinic. They have to take everybody because the use federal funding for the Christian community in San Antonio. Their services are great and make you feel at home and treat you with respect. It might take a little while but if you have an emergency they take you right away. Don't forget that they understand. They have Dental school personnel all the time which make it great for everybody

[URL="http://dental.uthscsa.edu/educprograms/commbased.php"]The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Dental School: Educational Programs: Community-Based Training Programs[/URL]

[URL="http://sachristiandental.org/board.htm"]San Antonio Christian Dental Clinic, Inc[/URL]

If I can give them stars rate it will be ****

Old 09-15-2011, 02:34 PM

30 posts, read 39,956 times
The one time I went to Mexico, the border police ordered me out of the vehicle and they searched my car as if I was some kind of a drug dealer. On my way back into the US, I got questioned AGAIN!! Needless to say I’ve never been back there.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,500 times
I am looking for a free dental clinic I live near the att center does anyone know where one is close by?

Old 04-29-2012, 05:56 PM

487 posts, read 1,119,188 times
I am NOT looking for free dental care . . . . but I developed a toothache yesterday and obviously need to see a dentist asap. The reason I don't have one is because I felt like the last two I saw were highway robbery.
The last one I went to for a root canal & crown I had called in advance and asked about his fees. I specifically asked if they offered a discount for patients without insurance. I was told they DID.
When it came time to pay and I asked about the no insurance discount, he chuckled and said they don't discount anything.
Anyway, any suggestions for a dentist on the north side of town?

Old 04-29-2012, 11:18 PM

205 posts, read 603,647 times
@SAAggiemom, I don't know standard practices dealing with health care professionals, but could you have asked for a (emailed/printed) quote/estimate of some sort before actually getting the work done? That would have given you a better idea of the costs and perhaps a way to argue with payment better when it came time to pay. And skip any dentist that doesn't offer such emailed/printed quotes/estimates, unless you need to get the work done bad that you would have to pass up on that kind of requirement.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:27 AM

126 posts, read 250,010 times
Noe...San Antonio has the Haven for Hope clinic but there are very strict guidelines for qualifying. Even patients with very little income sometimes have trouble getting qualified.

Other than that, there is little to no FREE dental care in San Antonio. UTHSCSA dental school offers discounted dental care but you must be willing to show up for your appointments, not be late, be willing to have long appointment lengths, and need care that the students need.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:29 AM

126 posts, read 250,010 times
SAAggieMom...

I think it absolutely necessary that you get a printed treatment plan with an estimate of the treatment and fees before any treatment is rendered.

That being said you will not be able to get that over the phone without the doctor performing a visual and radiographic exam. You can expect to pay anywhere between $60 and $200 for an exam and radiographs depending on where you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio