Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 10:26 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,385,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
When you buy these "hot" items because "it's so cheap" then in the eyes of the law you are "Aiding And Abetting".

Meaning: "A person charged with aiding and abetting or accessory is usually not present when the crime itself is committed, but he or she has knowledge of the crime before or after the fact, and may assist in its commission through advice, actions, or financial support.
DF....it's my understanding that you don't even have to "know"....pleading ignorance doesn't fly. Is that correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 10:45 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,206,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
DF....it's my understanding that you don't even have to "know"....pleading ignorance doesn't fly. Is that correct?
The application of this is a little convoluted. If you have a criminal record and are known to frequent the places and the individuals then I would say "ignorance" isn't gonna fly. I would further suggest that it's a 50-50 chance you won't be able to use this as a defense even if you have a "clean" record (just buying from these people will negate that).

Old 02-26-2009, 10:49 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,073,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisLilSecret View Post
Didn't you read my earlier post? I said I only go there for the roasted corn! Honest! There's nothing at the flea market that I would buy, except maybe trinkets (stuff you wouldn't find in stores, anyway) and I'm definitely not buying a knock off bag when I own the real deal.

By the way, I know what the (.......) means - not nice and uncalled for.
There is no need to take everything I say as a personal insult towards YOU. I don't even know you.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:11 AM

472 posts, read 1,794,612 times
People go to the flea market for the deals. If any cared that the things they were buy were stolen goods then no one would go to the flea market.
Everyone seemed to get really worked up about this thread but Im sure none of those folks shop at flea markets anyway. Who actually drives from Stone Oak to go to the flea markets?

Old 02-26-2009, 11:31 AM

667 posts, read 1,569,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisLilSecret View Post
Didn't you read my earlier post? I said I only go there for the roasted corn! Honest! There's nothing at the flea market that I would buy, except maybe trinkets (stuff you wouldn't find in stores, anyway) and I'm definitely not buying a knock off bag when I own the real deal.

By the way, I know what the (.......) means - not nice and uncalled for.
You were the one who brought up sex in the first place... (screwed = ......)

Old 02-26-2009, 11:33 AM

667 posts, read 1,569,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube665 View Post
People go to the flea market for the deals. If any cared that the things they were buy were stolen goods then no one would go to the flea market.
Everyone seemed to get really worked up about this thread but Im sure none of those folks shop at flea markets anyway. Who actually drives from Stone Oak to go to the flea markets?
Moderator cut: off topic I go to them to find cool Mexican art when I don't feel like going to El Mercado. It has nothing to do with deals. Oh, and one time I found some funky tights and socks for my daughter and paid more for them than I had for the Wal Mart ones she had at home.

Last edited by Bo; 02-27-2009 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: see comment

Old 02-26-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd33 View Post
Your sweeping generalities are just that... seriously... I go to them to find cool Mexican art when I don't feel like going to El Mercado. It has nothing to do with deals. Oh, and one time I found some funky tights and socks for my daughter and paid more for them than I had for the Wal Mart ones she had at home.
Thank you for visting my San Antonio, wish you could stay longer.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:52 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,385,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube665 View Post

What does Stone Oak have to do with the tea in china?

Old 02-26-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
What does Stone Oak have to do with the tea in china?
Moderator cut: orphaned I guess I meant that TO ME it seems those folks who were upset that someone would unknowingly buy alleged stolen goods (discounted items) from a flea market probably don’t need to shop at flea markets meaning folks with money hence the Stone Oak comment..

Last edited by Bo; 02-27-2009 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the post you were referring to has been edited

Old 02-26-2009, 12:50 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,206,196 times
I wouldn't go, I'd be too busy looking over my shoulder to do any "shopping".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio