Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2009, 09:02 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,540,786 times

Advertisements

scary moment for your neice. glad she had a good helper and she got her things back. It's said but I wish I could say I was surprised a 10 year old would do that.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:33 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,000,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Do people just not have ANY manners anymore? Seriously? We have a camping trailer listed for sale on craigslist. Somebody just called about it. THREE TIMES, cuz we didn't answer the phone. It's freakin' almost 10:00pm! Are you KIDDING me?!!! So rude. They won't be getting a call back tomorrow. (With 4 other people scheduled to come see it tomorrow/Saturday, we don't need any "behinds" showing up!)

And that story about the purse snatchers! Oh. My. Freakin. GOSH!!!!!
You selling your pup already??

Old 12-10-2009, 09:37 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,710,202 times
Wow, what a story, Saph!

How does she know he was 10 years old?

Did your niece give that homeless even more change this time around??

Old 12-11-2009, 04:30 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
You gave out your phone number on CL? Seriously? I would highly recommend never doing that again, although I'm sure you already figured that out.

as far as the kid, you have to be brutal with them. I learned that in Sarajevo with the gypsy kids. The lady I worked with was always mean to them and I sorta felt sorry for them, until the day one of them went off on all of us. It was amazing how good the little girls English was and she knew every bad word in the dictionary and used it all in the proper context. It's sad, but they have been let down and will probably never get back up. Gotta love personal responsibility, especially when it comes to "parents".

Old 12-11-2009, 06:06 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Wow, what a story, Saph!

How does she know he was 10 years old?

Did your niece give that homeless even more change this time around??
Yes it is.

The police came. The kid getting beat up took off, the purse-snatcher stayed and was given the "get in the back seat of the squad car" treatment, but I'm sure he's a free pre-felon right now. Ashley, my niece, had to get to work and couldn't hang out and see the outcome.

He couldn't have picked a poorer victim.....well, unless he robbed the homeless guy maybe....she's doing an internship which pays little to nothing and she lucked out getting a house-sitting/petsitting job which also pays little to nothing....so now the homeless guy may get .75 cents instead of a quarter.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:08 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times
Nah Camper ~we're selling out "old" pup. Love the new (to us) one way too much! We were gonna hang on to the older one in case our son wanted to borrow it or sumpin, but 2 pup's in the back yard is too much.

And yeah, FWIW, 'twasn't Jules that put the add on CL, 'twas the otherhalf. I'm UBER careful about what I put in ads on there and NEVER give out my phone number. I guess otherhalf just trusts people more than me. Heck, he even asked if I'd be alright showing it today while he's at work and I'm home by myself. Um, NO!!!!

Last edited by jules07; 12-11-2009 at 06:11 AM.. Reason: OOPS!! "lack of coffee brain"

Old 12-11-2009, 06:17 AM

Hmmmmm....I've always put my number on CL. I've never had any problems doing that. I get frickin' e-mails out the wazoo but I've only had calls from serious buyers. One time I got an e-mail and the e-mail address was NASTY--couple of Spanish words that people who don't speak Spanish know. I do know the bad words.....

Old 12-11-2009, 06:18 AM

And dang, people get so touchy about their burgers.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:06 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,710,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
as far as the kid, you have to be brutal with them. I learned that in Sarajevo with the gypsy kids. The lady I worked with was always mean to them and I sorta felt sorry for them, until the day one of them went off on all of us.
IMHO, that's probably the reason why they went off on you...they have seen nothing but violence and anger so they know nothing else.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:54 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,379 times
So I had been put on Deferred Disposition for a speeding ticket while living in San Antonio. I paid the first part of the fine on my court date. While moving to Fl. I lost my paperwork but remembered the due date for the rest of the fine. I sent in an additional $100 to cover my other half of the fine and it was cashed. Finally I was off of probation, or maybe not.

Last week I get a letter in the mail stating I have a court date for violating probation, and no reason was given as to why. I have since moved from San Antonio so I was unable to make the court date and failure to appear in court results in a bench warrant. No phone number to speak to the Courthouse, what a bunch of BS..

I finally figured out that I was short on paying the fine in the amount of $25. I sent in a letter to the judge, explaining what happened, along with a $25 check and an apology. Court date has passed, certified letter was received by the court, and my check has yet to be cashed.

I hope I get out of it. The Court System in San Antonio really needs a contact number or email address.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio