Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2010, 08:22 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,042,880 times

Advertisements

Milk is white! Unless you eat Lucky Charms for dinner tonight, and then it turns a gray/green color that is absolutely sickening. Do NOT ask how I know this.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:16 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,715,840 times
Or chocolate milk is brown....and strawberry milk is pink.....and eggnog is yellow...wait is eggnog milk? *hic*

Old 01-10-2010, 10:41 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,770 times
Okay, can we just pause for a moment and talk about pacifiers. Has anyone else noticed the increasing number of two, three and four years olds walking around with a binky in their mouth? Really, parents, if the child is old enough to put on his own shoes, he is waaaaaay too old for a pacifier.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:55 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,294,766 times
Awww my daughter was 2 years old before she broke away from the paci ----- but in her defense she didnt know how to put on her shoes yet.

Actually my daughter has some special needs so we decided to pick our battles and let her keep the paci. When she lost her last one we never bought another one. It was the worst week of my life but thankfully she got over it. I try not to judge other parents who let their older kids run around with a pacifier because you may not know what kind of behavioral, emotional, or physical issues the child may have which may be the reasoning behind them still hanging onto the paci. Those were basically our reasons for letting our daughter hang onto hers and you would never be able to tell just from looking at her that she has special needs.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:02 AM

604 posts, read 1,531,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Nicholasa101....here's a link about zinc deficiency as well. It's really interesting.
You might want to talk to one of the herbalists at Sunharvest or Whole Foods.
Many things can deplete zinc and it can disrupt sleep patterns when it's not balanced. It often is taken with magnesium, but talk to someone that knows recommended doses.

here's the link: (zinc is at the bottom half of the page, so be sure to scroll down)

Do I need Magnesium or Zinc?
wow, great info-The list of Zinc lower foods/medicines sounds like my daily diet!!! Caffine ( only in the morning) alcohol , blood pressure meds, carbs- yikes!
I do excersise, I do so in the morning to avoid getting too amped up before bedtime, I have tried most sleep hygiene tips. I really think its just the way I am wired; no pun intended .

I love that I can come here and get help to any problem, Thanks guys!

Old 01-11-2010, 06:54 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,211,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
unless it's in the sidewall (nearly impossible for a nail) there aren't many nail in the tires that can't be repaired. I'm sure the kid was well trained, though.. probably looked it up on wikipedia

I'm sure he went to tire college, guess he was absent on that day.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:17 AM

3,109 posts, read 9,842,110 times
I use to sub for NISD and I remember an elementary school that I subbed in and the 5th graders were into the pacifier candy that really sold well in convenience stores. It looked like they were just having a pacifier, but it was candy.

And do I mention this in same post, drug dealers have a similar product. A pacifier that has drugs in it. Scary stuff out there.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:48 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,042,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
I use to sub for NISD and I remember an elementary school that I subbed in and the 5th graders were into the pacifier candy that really sold well in convenience stores. It looked like they were just having a pacifier, but it was candy.

And do I mention this in same post, drug dealers have a similar product. A pacifier that has drugs in it. Scary stuff out there.
Ecstasy users like to suck on 'em too. Something about the grind.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:12 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
Okay, can we just pause for a moment and talk about pacifiers. Has anyone else noticed the increasing number of two, three and four years olds walking around with a binky in their mouth? Really, parents, if the child is old enough to put on his own shoes, he is waaaaaay too old for a pacifier.
I've seen worse. A guy I used to work with adopted two kids (4 and 6 or something like that) and I once saw the four year old pick up her stroller, open it, and get in it for him to push her. Definitely had him well trained

Old 01-11-2010, 09:20 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,294,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I've seen worse. A guy I used to work with adopted two kids (4 and 6 or something like that) and I once saw the four year old pick up her stroller, open it, and get in it for him to push her. Definitely had him well trained
Daaaannnnng - I wish my kid would bust out her own stroller like that! And also get a part time job....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio