Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2010, 02:34 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,843,109 times

Advertisements

Over Christmas my Wife fell in love with Yankee Candles, mainly the scented tealights and votives. I will admit thay have a nice strong and lasting fragrance.

Can you all suggest a place where we can purchase them?

Are there any other "brands" of fragrant candles that you like to burn? If so can you please tell me where they can be found?

Old 01-16-2010, 03:27 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,557,517 times
wellguy, I actually like soy candles much better than Yankee Candles. They burn much cleaner and don't have that nasty petroleum after-smell. I have 2 favorites ~ 1 is a brand that a good friend of mine who lives in Trophy Ridge makes called "Texas Firefly". They are sold in some little shops around town, but she also takes orders personally and is frequently at Helotes Marketplace. The other brand is Mia Bella. They are sold through independent distributors, and I have a good friend who sells them. She has a website that you can order from, has hand delivered some to me, and she also is at Helotes Marketplace frequently. True story ~ I burned those candles non-stop before Christmas when it was super cold (to me ). They truly helped me make it through those cold days! (And they made my house smell fantastic!)

Also, I like supporting "home businesses" as much as possible, so that's another reason I prefer to buy my candles from them over a "big name" company. I'll dm their info to you.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
wellguy, I actually like soy candles much better than Yankee Candles. They burn much cleaner and don't have that nasty petroleum after-smell. I have 2 favorites ~ 1 is a brand that a good friend of mine who lives in Trophy Ridge makes called "Texas Firefly". They are sold in some little shops around town, but she also takes orders personally and is frequently at Helotes Marketplace. The other brand is Mia Bella. They are sold through independent distributors, and I have a good friend who sells them. She has a website that you can order from, has hand delivered some to me, and she also is at Helotes Marketplace frequently. True story ~ I burned those candles non-stop before Christmas when it was super cold (to me ). They truly helped me make it through those cold days! (And they made my house smell fantastic!)

Also, I like supporting "home businesses" as much as possible, so that's another reason I prefer to buy my candles from them over a "big name" company. I'll dm their info to you.
Thank you for the information. I was going to wait until my Wife got home so she could look but I think Texas Firefly is how we will go. I'm going to send an email about ordering since I don't see how on the webpage.

Gosh- I just re read your post and found that she is in Trophy Ridge- That's a hop skip and a jump from Westcreek! I have already sent the email.

Thanks Again

Last edited by wellguy; 01-16-2010 at 04:41 PM..

Old 01-16-2010, 04:39 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,294,766 times
Somebody just came rolling down my street in a lowrider, blasting the lowrider song. Surprisingly I have never seen this happen on my street before. Awesome.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:09 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,996,643 times
Classic War!

Cheers! M2

Old 01-16-2010, 06:16 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,542,608 times
wellguy...yankee candles .there is a yankee candle store at Ingram Mall if you are interested. Cracker Barrell, Bed Bath Beyond and I think Kohls sells em now too.

Trapp candles are also wonderful but usually only found in boutique type places.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:19 PM

113 posts, read 446,237 times
And don't forget Ebay if you already know the scents you want.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
wellguy...yankee candles .there is a yankee candle store at Ingram Mall if you are interested. Cracker Barrell, Bed Bath Beyond and I think Kohls sells em now too.

Trapp candles are also wonderful but usually only found in boutique type places.
Thanks for the info. My Wife had lunch with her Sister this afternnoon and Candles came up. She was told that Kohl's carries them. I never would have thought that.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:01 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,542,608 times
if you go to the yankee candle website and sign up you can get some great coupons

Old 01-16-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Classic War!

Cheers! M2
Thanks for that. It reminds me of years ago growing up in Bakersfield CA. LowRiders were all over the place and talk about BEAUTIFUL CARS! with Fantastic Paint Jobs, Nice Wheels, and the Interiors were amazing.

Not that they don't exist but I've yet to see any nice ones here in San Antonio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio