Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 07:21 AM

427 posts, read 1,174,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
I wouldn't. I bake. A lot. For everyone I know. Cupcakes, cookies, cakes...I have no need for any type of bakery unless I need a pie (and just to be clear, I CAN bake pies, including homemade crust. I just CHOOSE not to. ).
Maybe you should open up a bakery in the Alamo Ranch area?

Kidding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 02:07 PM

45 posts, read 134,453 times
So far I have tried Kate's Frosting (on Main), Cupcake Couture (on Broadway), the Cake Shop, HEB, Central Market, Whole Foods and Sam's. Kate's was good but small (this was a year ago before the pricing structure changes), Cupcake Couture was good and the frosting is 3 inches high. It was sugar overload. Cake Shop rocks, but you have to let it come to room temperature which annoys me. Central Market is eh, but HEB's and Sam's buttercream is pretty awesome. Whole Foods is good, too. The key is the frosting. I liked Sprinkles (had it in Dallas) but thought Hey Cupcake (the airstream trailer in Austin) was not good at all. The key is the frosting, at least for me.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:58 AM

41 posts, read 97,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Both of those places are the same business: Kate's Frosting, and it's not a bad cupcake if I say so myself. There's a good frosting-to-cake ratio with Kate's product and it's not so syrupy-sweet like some of the majors out there (Sprinkles in LA, Sugar Sweet Sunshine/Magnolia Bakery in NYC).

Kate's Chocolate Espresso cupcakes are incredible. I'm a little torn on their pricing ($1.25/mini, $3.25/regulars, $4.25/jumbo), but the product is good, so I'm likely to not complain about it too much.

Now if they'd only invent a full-flavor, calorie-free cupcake so I wouldn't have to swear a blue streak while on the stair machine

BN
Kate's are the best cupcakes I have ever had *swoon*. Worth all the cardio. I never knew cupcakes could be so good. I am glad they are crazy expensive or I might have to buy a whole new (larger) wardrobe.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:54 PM

574 posts, read 1,338,732 times
I like the variety of flavors Kate's offers. I can do without so much icing, but I've never been such a great big fan. I think the masses would definitely enjoy.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:37 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamoCpl View Post
Maybe you should open up a bakery in the Alamo Ranch area?

Kidding
*snort*

Old 07-26-2009, 06:35 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,174,845 times
I have been to Cupcake Junction about a half dozen times, and I don't think I will be back.

I love the concept, and have an enormous sweet tooth.

However, a couple of things bother me about this place.

I usually will get two different ones, either one for me and someone else, or I will split each of them with my girlfriend.

Every time I have gotten them, at least one of them is either stale, extremely dry, or both. One will be delicious, (last time the banana split was amazing, the peanut butter was super stale)

Also, the help in there is horrible, especially the guy ( who I assume owns it).

It is close to my house, and I stop in because I always think that "this is going to be the time" but, alas, it is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio