Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 12:12 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,370,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
I have to admit, when I saw the name of this store in the thread title I guessed it was connected to Plato's Retreat. I guess the folks who named it either didn't know about that place or were counting on that name not being widely known.
What a complicated business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 12:22 PM

9,852 posts, read 13,704,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
I find that very confusing. IF I were going to look for this store, I would have gone to NSM and parked and gone in and looked at the directory or walked around and when I didn't find it, either give up, assume it closed or never opened or would have been irritated finding out I wasted all that time in this heat to find out it is really at PARK NORTH. ugh...I'm tired already.

I think some people are trying to use NSM as a landmark, but they really need to say OLD CENTRAL PARK location to be more clear if they think PARK NORTH isn't known well enough. Fighting the traffic from NSM just to get to the OTHER side of San Pedro is even exhausting.

But..in saying all this, I'm not a shopper, so giving up is not hard to do for me. Too many great things to do than buy stuff. I'd rather sell it!
As far as North Star versus Central Park Mall, Central Park Mall has been gone for so long I don't know how many people actually consider that a landmark anymore. I know where Park North is, but obviously I'm in the minority. And each Plato's closet is independently owned, so the owner may have given it the NSM location name because she uses it as a landmark. You know? Maybe she'll change the name eventually when she sees people do the same thing you would have done.

:lol I'm ready to do do both, shop and buy. I have like 3-4 trash bags that need to be donated/sold and I am counting down the days until I can buy everyone's leftovers.

Old 08-08-2009, 01:31 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,685,020 times
Not a new concept, the one in Plano near Dallas must have opened 10 yrs ago. Awesome, clean and affordable for sure. There was a great selection of clothing in all sizes and mostly brand name too.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:28 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,370,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Not a new concept, the one in Plano near Dallas must have opened 10 yrs ago. Awesome, clean and affordable for sure. There was a great selection of clothing in all sizes and mostly brand name too.
How is this different from a high end resale shop? Isn't that what it is? I just haven't seen a resale shop franchised before. What am I missing?

Baubles and Beads is a high end resale shop....as is Second Looks. Both do well from what I hear.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:46 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,685,020 times
Quote:
How is this different from a high end resale shop? Isn't that what it is? I just haven't seen a resale shop franchised before. What am I missing?

Baubles and Beads is a high end resale shop....as is Second Looks. Both do well from what I hear.
It is very teen and young adult centered, abercrombie, seven jeans etc.

So not "high end" per se.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:11 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,558,546 times
A related shop (different owner, same franchising corporation) opened July 9th. I remember reading that people were lined up at 6 am to get in...

Once Upon A Child San Antonio - Once Upon A Child

Old 08-08-2009, 09:29 PM

2,027 posts, read 7,026,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
I don't think anywhere does the website say "North Star Mall" location. It may actually have been an error on the OPs end.
I just assumed it was at North Star because the website which refers to the location as Plato's Closet San Antonio North Star location. I'm sure we will see other locations added across the city.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:55 PM

9,852 posts, read 13,704,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
I just assumed it was at North Star because the website which refers to the location as Plato's Closet San Antonio North Star location. I'm sure we will see other locations added across the city.
No worries on my part.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:18 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,558,546 times
Actually, if you google "north star san antonio", there are quite a few businesses with North Star in their name.

But I agree, the website should refer to Park North, since it is located there, and not a stand alone with no other point of reference.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:17 AM

874 posts, read 2,894,555 times
Quote:
The one back in Omaha was mainly focused on teens (not children's stuff, though) - lots of Abercrombie, Hollister, Lucky jeans, etc. I'm not sure if they are all like that or not, but it seems to be targeted to a different niche than some of the other resale shops around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio