Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 05:18 PM

349 posts, read 422,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samvp View Post

I don't have a problem reporting crime. It was in the fashion that OP went about it. Bumping unrelated four year old threads then creating an entirely new thread with the same information.

I then checked to see what had happened and couldn't find any information about a crime occurring, so then I questioned whether it happened or not on grounds the OP had no proof and was a bit overzealous in reporting it.
Others confirmed the same thing.

Yet you continued to doubt the crime's existence because it wasnt in the newspaper or tv stations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 06:05 PM

340 posts, read 586,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
Sounds like you were more concerned that your property values were going to drop. You haven't apologized to the OP yet btw.
My property value? I don't live in or near Stone Oak. lol

I don't even live outside Loop 410.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:07 PM

340 posts, read 586,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastexan View Post
Others confirmed the same thing.

Yet you continued to doubt the crime's existence because it wasnt in the newspaper or tv stations.
No one confirmed the same thing.

One person posted about a report on spotcrime.com. I never disputed that.

Just the OP, and again, because the manner in which they went about reporting the info. I then wondered why I couldn't find any info on something as egregious as a robbery at a church. I suspected trolling. I was wrong, move on.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:28 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,441,550 times
Quote:
My property value? I don't live in or near Stone Oak. lol

I don't even live outside Loop 410.
That's hearsay, I need better proof.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:52 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
People are robbed everywhere fellow posters...

I still frequent the StoneWorks in 78209 where the jewelry salesmen was beat and dragged out of his car.

I pay attention to my surroundings!

Old 07-02-2013, 05:36 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,273,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
From the story:

"
Crimes happen in many places but no one thinks they would happen on Holy Ground.
A robbery took place at Holy Trinity Catholic Church last Thursday evening (June 20), while members of ACTS Team were preparing for an upcoming TEEN ACTS Retreat.
One of the ACTS Sisters who was leaving the church was shoved to the ground and held at gunpoint. The robber took her purse as well as paperwork.
This has been the first crime that has been reported at the church. It has been announced that the church will be installing camera's on church grounds.
Deacon Oscar was unavailable at the time for a comment.
If you have any information concerning the incident please call the offices of Holy Trinity at 210-497-4410."

Source

Not sure why samvp is so opposed to anyone reporting crime in the San Antonio area. It is a very common occurrence in the area....
Hey guys sorry to bring this back up but I wanted to find out more info. Our neighbors who attend that church every week knew nothing about it. They were at the 11:00 service the Sunday it was reported here that it was announced at every mass. I thought okay maybe they missed it so I gave the date and details. Turns out our friend not only helped load up for the retreat he drove the kids across town to the retreat location so it seems doubtful he would not be aware of this happening. I can't find anything except the one post on FB that seems to have been dropped. Am I misunderstanding which church this occurred at? Curious because I've been staying out with my kids in the front and not taking walks because this was a little scary.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:34 PM

271 posts, read 988,418 times
It was announced at Mass and was also in this last weekend's bulletin.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:46 PM

321 posts, read 1,069,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flourpower View Post
It was announced at Mass and was also in this last weekend's bulletin.

The notice is on the bottom of the 3rd page of this PDF: http://www.holytrinitysat.org/docume...0JUNE%2030.pdf

Old 07-02-2013, 08:50 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,273,512 times
Thank you. I'll have to talk to them when they get back. I can't believe they didn't know when he was helping with the event. I know they missed last Sunday as they are out of town. I was hoping it wasn't true but I guess my kids will be inside alot more than I'd like this summer!

Old 07-19-2013, 08:58 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Can the mods change the title of this thread to "Official Crime Report" thread or somehow similar. Makes zero sense keeping the title of a four year old thread the same.
Done. Official Crime Report Thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio