Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 02:30 AM

693 posts, read 1,502,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markintosh View Post
Is Ingram Park Mall at all sketchy, or is similar to, say, North Star?
I would say Ingram is more sketchy cause of the areas around it. Do you think North Star is sketchy or in a bad area? North Star is a safe mall for the most part. Anything can happen if you're not careful. As long as you keep to yourself and don't start any trouble you should be fine at both malls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 05:01 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,794,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markintosh View Post
Is Ingram Park Mall at all sketchy, or is similar to, say, North Star?
The surrounding area isn't great and seems to be continuing to go downhill... I went through there a few times because I had a coworker who lived between there and Culebra Rd.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:44 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Cars get stolen from La Cantera--car break-ins happen a lot as well. We had a big, nasty story about that truck with the dog being stolen at the Rim. Crimes happen at all the malls, not just Ingram. North Star may have some swanky people shopping there, but it's not immune to parking lot crimes. The area around there is definitely sketchy.

The question to be asked is "Is San Antonio getting sketchy?" My short answer is "Yes."

Old 02-28-2011, 06:54 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,685 times
The Ingram mall is more sketchier as far as area. The amount of car break ins and stolen cars from La Cantera is quite high though

Old 02-28-2011, 07:51 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
I think this was quite a brazen incident--in broad daylight and in plain view of other people, this lady gets shot. You just don't see that happening at La Cantera, do you? I don't really know.

Ingram Mall is sketchy, IMHO. You won't see me going back there. The area around it is getting to be a total sh*thole, if you'll pardon my language. The whole Westover Hills area is more than concerned, because that is considered part of our district and our City Council rep. doesn't seem to care too much, apparently. People at our last HOA meeting were talking about the decaying area along that stretch of 410 and how it is expanding. No one seemed to have any answers, though.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:01 AM

779 posts, read 1,660,946 times
aggravated robbery? please don't tell me that's all he's getting off on?
where's the aggravated assault with a deadly weapon? intent to kill?

sorry but if you verbally scare someone and steal there car that's one thing...but if you bring a gun and actually use it, you need to go down with the full extent of the law.

and no, i'm not saying the first case I spoke of above if not as bad as the latter, just trying to make a point.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:04 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I think this was quite a brazen incident--in broad daylight and in plain view of other people, this lady gets shot. You just don't see that happening at La Cantera, do you? I don't really know.

Ingram Mall is sketchy, IMHO. You won't see me going back there. The area around it is getting to be a total sh*thole, if you'll pardon my language. The whole Westover Hills area is more than concerned, because that is considered part of our district and our City Council rep. doesn't seem to care too much, apparently. People at our last HOA meeting were talking about the decaying area along that stretch of 410 and how it is expanding. No one seemed to have any answers, though.
You may not have seen it at La Cantera....yet. It will happen, though.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:38 AM

502 posts, read 934,540 times
The deal with la cantera is nothing makes the news.. The city doesn't want to talk about there prized mall... I live around there and shop there often, and always see s.a.p.d. Arresting peeps. Problem is this world is going to ****! Not just San Antonio.

What I meant by being safer at Ingram than la catera is that there just punks that are all talk... Over at la cantera you got to deal with desperate junkies and drug dealers. Hence all the car thefts and break ins over there.

I'm not saying nothing will ever happen to you at Ingram but it's just my opinion that little punks are mostly there for tail and not out to hurt you. On the other hand at la cantera peeps actually make the trip to commit a crime...get my drift? Eitherway it sucks to have to arm yourself wherever you go nowadays.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:53 AM

993 posts, read 2,491,376 times
Never been to Ingram Mall, will probably never go there.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:01 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newk View Post
Never been to Ingram Mall, will probably never go there.

There really isnt a mall in San Antonio to get excited about
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio