Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 07:01 PM

919 posts, read 1,782,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB8abovetherim View Post
I think SB's economy was driven by Norton AFB. When that place closed things went downhill, fewer jobs and less money pumping into the economy. Also from what I hear SB's city officials are kinda shady.
Very true, Norton shutting down kicked the legs from under the city. Also, SB is a railroad town, and has one of the largest train yards in the world. RR traffic had been down for some time, that also hit the town really badly. And the meth epidemic is overwhelming the region...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 11:35 AM

252 posts, read 518,944 times
from what i have seen.. a lot san bernardino is very sketchy because of the immense poverty , their are some pockets of the city are that nice though, north park and in the hills above the criminal element... A lot people locally are going to college more than before... people are going to state colleges in record highs which is good thing which should improve the economy in the future... I think it will cause a small shift in culture if there a lot college graduates. Thats why northpark is safe because of the University because it creates jobs and promotes education .. I wouldn't be surprised if san bernardino's downtown in 15- 20 or so years undergoes somekind of gentification process.

Last edited by 7stringguitarguy; 01-28-2013 at 11:53 AM..

Old 02-08-2013, 03:22 PM

5 posts, read 10,584 times
I love your positivity, guitarguy. For the sake of the people stuck there, I hope you're right.

I personally think San Bernardino is a pit. I lived two years there, and it was the most miserable two years of my life. Slumlords abound openly and don't seem to ever incur any penalties, there is mass prostitution, drugs, crime, and poverty, and it's astounding what is considered a good neighborhood there. The expectation of quality of life there is incredibly low. A good day in San Bernardino is a day where your neighbor's house was broken into instead of yours, you weren't robbed at gunpoint and you were able to shake off the hooker that jumped on the hood of your car without hurting her. I wish I was exaggerating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties