Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 02:43 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,958,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah62 View Post
This is the first time I've ever seen the words "Houston" and "desert" in the same sentence. Houston is hot and humid, but desert temperatures, nope. Houston will never get to 120, and for that I'm sure they are eternally grateful.
I agree. PrinceTodd also mentioned that Houston is sunny all the time, which it is not. The sun shines 59% of the daylight hours in Houston, which is less than San Francisco at 66% (although that reading is taken on the sunny side of town).

Comparative Climate Data
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 04:48 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,880,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
No, but people do yell at you sitting at red lights for smoking in your car with the windows up.
True story.
Proselytizing busy bodies.
My mother would yell at my father for doing just that, but she was inside the car as well.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:19 PM

352 posts, read 570,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosted View Post
Anyone else in a similar situation? Am I just being winey? haha. Sorry for the venting but I just want to see if anyone else moved away and are home sick. Thanks for listening.

Ghosted
Ghosted, I believe that everything will work out great for you, probably better than you imagine. Trust me, I understand what your experiencing, and sometimes life will "test" us in some interesting ways. We are where we are for a reason, which most times is temporary.

Its just a test.

Old 08-10-2014, 09:13 PM

147 posts, read 217,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNomad View Post
Ghosted, I believe that everything will work out great for you, probably better than you imagine. Trust me, I understand what your experiencing, and sometimes life will "test" us in some interesting ways. We are where we are for a reason, which most times is temporary.

Its just a test.
Thanks USNomad! I believe so too. It has definitely been a test and a great learning experience.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:27 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
There are some parts of Missouri where we live that have some pretty scenery. I'm not saying all of Missouri is like that because I haven't been everywhere here. I am just speaking from our experience in the area that we live in. The humidity to someone not use to it and more of a dry desert heat can be a little intense. As far as the racism goes like I said before I hear it on a daily basis both from other employees and customers as well. I just ignore it the best that I can because I don't feel the same way. I've had quite a few older people ask me about what church I go to or my religious outlook and when I tell them that I don't go to church they in a nice way tell me that I'm going to hell. Like I said before these are my opinions and I'm not trying to personally attack anyone who lives here or plans on living here it's just not somewhere we want to live or raise our family.
I'm truly sorry it hasn't been a good experience for you. I have to admit it ain't like livin' at the beach.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:59 PM

455 posts, read 771,825 times
Quote:
There are some parts of Missouri where we live that have some pretty scenery. I'm not saying all of Missouri is like that because I haven't been everywhere here. I am just speaking from our experience in the area that we live in. The humidity to someone not use to it and more of a dry desert heat can be a little intense. As far as the racism goes like I said before I hear it on a daily basis both from other employees and customers as well. I just ignore it the best that I can because I don't feel the same way. I've had quite a few older people ask me about what church I go to or my religious outlook and when I tell them that I don't go to church they in a nice way tell me that I'm going to hell. Like I said before these are my opinions and I'm not trying to personally attack anyone who lives here or plans on living here it's just not somewhere we want to live or raise our family.

There is almost no intellectual community in the area you reside in, most smart young people move down to TX or up to KC for real jobs. There is really nothing great or interesting about that area of MO, progress on any front usually gets stalled out or bogged down in backwards and backwoods thinking, and the results are usually embarrassing. The business climate in S. Missouri is pretty awful as well, WalMart, Meth Labs, and Bass Pro Shops rule the roost, and people with any real money are generally very old or entering retirement and have already made their money. The vibe you feel in Socal will never exist in Southern Missouri. People move there for a cheaper life-style or to retire and everything there will probably feel cheaper across the board. Sure you can make it work, but life is too short to settle, and don't ever expect anything remotely like the environment you have here SoCal or other progressive areas of the country that are filled with interesting, innovative and talented people.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:19 AM

242 posts, read 1,002,211 times
Ghosted, you probably heard about the Ferguson, MO Police Shooting & Riots that happen there in the last few days. Just another reason for you to hurry up and get the heck out of Missouri. The latest events taking place in Missouri doesn't suprise me at all.

As i've mention in previous posts, the whole entire state is a hell whole. You just don't get a good vibe or positive energy in that state, from people in general, whether they are black or white, it doesn't matter. The climate in Missouri has always been full of hate & hostility! Nothing cool about The Show Me State.

Last edited by PacificWest; 08-13-2014 at 09:04 AM..

Old 08-13-2014, 11:18 AM

147 posts, read 217,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificWest View Post
Ghosted, you probably heard about the Ferguson, MO Police Shooting & Riots that happen there in the last few days. Just another reason for you to hurry up and get the heck out of Missouri. The latest events taking place in Missouri doesn't suprise me at all.

As i've mention in previous posts, the whole entire state is a hell whole. You just don't get a good vibe or positive energy in that state, from people in general, whether they are black or white, it doesn't matter. The climate in Missouri has always been full of hate & hostility! Nothing cool about The Show Me State.
I have seen all the issues in ferguson with the teenager being shot and all the riots. I'm glad I don't live in that area. I count the days when I can have Missouri "show me" the way out.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:49 PM

3 posts, read 2,460 times
Yes! I am in a similar situation. I actually grew up in CA. joined the military and when I got out everyone was leaving CA. I moved to OK. and hate it. Seems a lot of people would rather steal then work out here. I am looking to buy another home and went to CA. BUT they have NO WATER right now. Too many people there. Everyone acts like its so expensive, but the people ARE better. Look up the crime data on here! Branson, MO at 600 compared to Calimesa, CA. at 174. what a difference. My family is in MO. But I want to return to CA too.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:44 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,044,110 times
Don't come back - it sucks now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties