Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 12:53 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,782,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Hi,

I have lived all over the Country and just moved to Florida near the Atlantic. Volusia county on the East coast. Very nice beaches (avoid Daytona) and a more laid back atmosphere and far less traffic. Yes hot Summers with humidity but not as bad as South FL. Housing is much better priced than CA for sure and even in FL it has some of the best prices. Yes it is flat with very low hills, but a lot to do and many interesting places just a short drive. About a direct opposite to Denver. No income taxes, homestead exemptions and a cap on property price raises like Prop 13 in CA.
I have also lived all over the country including 8 years in Florida on the East coast. One of my happiest days was when we moved back to San Diego California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 03:03 PM

81 posts, read 182,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
If your husband will be working in Murrieta then why not consider living in Murrieta? Murrieta and Temecula are really one city. They both have excellent schools, very low crime,similar demographics, etc. Murrieta is newer.
We'll check it out there too. Just want to find a place and area that feels and offers the best of the things were looking for.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:09 PM

Does anyone (who likes Temecula/Murrieta area that is) know of any neighborhoods that offer some walkability to eateries or a coffeehouse as well as playgrounds?

Old 10-19-2018, 03:31 PM

8,501 posts, read 6,921,280 times
I thought about living there about ten years ago when the housing market dropped and there were some good deals on single family homes that were cheaper than San Diego. The homes are a lot more expensive now. It can be a good one hour plus drive into SD. And it is really hot in the Summer. Those folks who didn’t like Dana Point or La Jolla?

Old 10-19-2018, 06:10 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,782,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
I thought about living there about ten years ago when the housing market dropped and there were some good deals on single family homes that were cheaper than San Diego. The homes are a lot more expensive now. It can be a good one hour plus drive into SD. And it is really hot in the Summer. Those folks who didn’t like Dana Point or La Jolla?
Yes, homes have appreciated but they have also gone up a lot in San Diego.

Old 10-19-2018, 06:15 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,432,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
I have also lived all over the country including 8 years in Florida on the East coast. One of my happiest days was when we moved back to San Diego California.
We considered moving back to SD, but the cost and the other problems in SoCal made it a less than attractive idea. I prefer the weather in CA, but just about everything else is not as good. My new house 8 miles from the beach would cost 3 to 5 times as much if not more in SD only 8 miles from the beach. Property taxes much higher in dollar amount, state income tax, License fees, gas cost and more make it financially silly to us. Crowding and traffic make it even worse. Now we will visit and enjoy what we want and then go home with a lot of money in the bank and ... much warmer water to swim in..

If SoCal was like it was in the 60's we would have moved back in a heart beat. Hope you enjoy it there a definitely different place than FL.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:30 AM

I guess I'll ask again since my thread is going in a different direction apparently.
Does anyone (who likes Temecula/Murrieta area that is) know of any neighborhoods that offer some walkability to eateries or a coffeehouse as well as playgrounds?

Old 10-20-2018, 10:16 PM

458 posts, read 1,264,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadhere View Post
I guess I'll ask again since my thread is going in a different direction apparently.
They are all close to playgrounds as every neighborhood has them. All areas are so spread out that it would be hard to define a certain area that is walk-able to restaurants. I could say Redhawk is walk-able to the restaurants at Pechanga (its 1 mile for me) but some parts of redhawk would be 4 miles or more. There are strip malls all over with lots of restaurants, If you are looking for multiple options of restaurants I would suggest living near Old town or the mall

Old 10-21-2018, 06:19 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,432,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadhere View Post
Each development will be close to "some" things to walk to, but not a lot unless near the mall area. It is far more suburban than urban.

Old 10-21-2018, 06:39 PM

357 posts, read 226,076 times
The Copper Canyon, Grizzly Ridge, and Tapestry developments in NW Murrieta could be walkable to a couple of nearby stores and coffee shops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties