Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 05:01 AM

3 posts, read 43,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hny24 View Post
No I'm not joking, I've lived in Rialto my whole life and I've been to almost every big city in San Bernardino County; Rialto is simply the best, hands down! It's my opinion. Instead of critisizing mine, share yours.
I can tell you have not lived anywhere else. Sorry sir, but everyone knows Rialto is a very bad place to live. The crime has been high there for years. My 23 year old cousin was murdered there back in 1994, and my aunt was beaten up badly, [in broad daylight] in a parking lot on Foothill. My grandmother moved there in 1968...not bad then...but 10 yrs later--it was the pits.

I grew up in Grand Terrace, which was a nice place to live...way back when. I still have friends there and hear that it's still is a pretty nice place to live in...but I don't really know for sure, as I left there in '75. I'm just glad to be out of that whole area...and now live in N. Cal. Lucky for us, my DH was in the AF which took us out of there. Sorry if I sound harsh, but 2 young cousins murdered down there...I wouldn't ever go back. Plus the mother in law from hell.. lives down there too!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 05:04 AM

3 posts, read 35,863 times
What is wrong with Big bear Lake, or Fawnskin, Ca

Old 12-23-2008, 05:06 AM

3 posts, read 35,863 times
What are the natural hazard disclosures in Fawnskin, CA?

Old 12-23-2008, 05:27 AM

3 posts, read 43,992 times
Hi...Where is Fawnskin?

Old 12-23-2008, 11:16 PM

34 posts, read 120,206 times
BD: Fawnskin is next to Big Bear.

Jill: Fire
Fire
Mud/ Rock slides
Snow/ice
Fire
Fog
Flatlanders
OH and also Fire. It can be hard getting homeowners isurance
in the mountains.

On the plus side:
during the summer Cool temps and clean air
More laid back life style

Old 01-09-2009, 08:57 AM

11 posts, read 102,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky7680 View Post
Every city has it's bad neighborhoods. City of Riverside has the Casa Blanca neighborhood. As a general rule the higher you go up in altitude the better the neighborhood. Moreno Valley is a good example of this.

Sorry hny24 I realize you love your home town, but Rialto deserves it's bad rep. I would not feel safe walking at night in 75% of Rialto. The same goes for San Bernardino, South Fontana, Colton and the flats of Moreno Valley. This is not from watching Cops but from first hand experience.
I know, that's my whole point Rialto has a bad rep along with hundreds of other cities, that doesn't mean I should be ashamed just because you or someone else doesn't feel safe. I feel safe in my neighborhood and maybe you just don't feel safe because of stereotypes or biases you have. It's a great city and until I start hearing gun shots, drive-bys, non-stop sirens, people being raped, etc. I will continue to have this opinion. You know, it has never made sense to me how people claim that a whole city is bad, just because it has crime. Like there are just no good people in the whole city. I don't understand that at all, show me a city that doesn't have crime and maybe I'll change my mind. And a lot of times people take one look at the crime rate and make up their mind about the entire city but don't notice things like Rialto has one of the biggest churches in the I.E. (Sunrise Church) which, by the way, has no ethnic majority and is one of the most diverse places you can find. They don't see that Rialto has more NAEYC Accredited preschools than almost anywhere else in the United States. They don't see how much potential a city has, instead they just judge it and expect the city to be perfect and if it isn't then it's a bad city and you should hate it and want to leave. Well not me, I realize that there are bad parts of Rialto just like any other city, but I also notice and appreciate the good components and I will not give up on Rialto just because a few criminals give it a undeserved bad rep. We have the most beautiful children in Rialto and all we need is people to show them care and love and not make them feel unremarkable because of the city they grow up in and make it way harder for them to try and overcome the stereotypes surrounding them. I think this happens in many cities, but it won't happen in Rialto and I'll make sure it doesn't along with thousands of other dedicated citizens.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:06 AM

11 posts, read 102,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsdaughter View Post

I can tell you have not lived anywhere else. Sorry sir, but everyone knows Rialto is a very bad place to live. The crime has been high there for years. My 23 year old cousin was murdered there back in 1994, and my aunt was beaten up badly, [in broad daylight] in a parking lot on Foothill. My grandmother moved there in 1968...not bad then...but 10 yrs later--it was the pits.

I grew up in Grand Terrace, which was a nice place to live...way back when. I still have friends there and hear that it's still is a pretty nice place to live in...but I don't really know for sure, as I left there in '75. I'm just glad to be out of that whole area...and now live in N. Cal. Lucky for us, my DH was in the AF which took us out of there. Sorry if I sound harsh, but 2 young cousins murdered down there...I wouldn't ever go back. Plus the mother in law from hell.. lives down there too!
I know, that's my whole point Rialto has a bad rep along with hundreds of other cities, that doesn't mean I should be ashamed just because you or someone else doesn't feel safe. I feel safe in my neighborhood and maybe you just don't feel safe because of stereotypes or biases you have. It's a great city and until I start hearing gun shots, drive-bys, non-stop sirens, people being raped, etc. I will continue to have this opinion. You know, it has never made sense to me how people claim that a whole city is bad, just because it has crime. Like there are just no good people in the whole city. I don't understand that at all, show me a city that doesn't have crime and maybe I'll change my mind. And a lot of times people take one look at the crime rate and make up their mind about the entire city but don't notice things like Rialto has one of the biggest churches in the I.E. (Sunrise Church) which, by the way, has no ethnic majority and is one of the most diverse places you can find. They don't see that Rialto has more NAEYC Accredited preschools than almost anywhere else in the United States. They don't see how much potential a city has, instead they just judge it and expect the city to be perfect and if it isn't then it's a bad city and you should hate it and want to leave. Well not me, I realize that there are bad parts of Rialto just like any other city, but I also notice and appreciate the good components and I will not give up on Rialto just because a few criminals give it a undeserved bad rep. We have the most beautiful children in Rialto and all we need is people to show them care and love and not make them feel unremarkable because of the city they grow up in and make it way harder for them to try and overcome the stereotypes surrounding them. I think this happens in many cities, but it won't happen in Rialto and I'll make sure it doesn't along with thousands of other dedicated citizens.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:34 PM

53 posts, read 332,386 times
I grew up in san Bernardino county and have live in Fontana, Bloomington, Colton, and San Bernardino. I also delivered pizza for nearly 7 years. If you wish to know good and bad areas of a city, all you need to do is talk with pizza drives and they will give you the scoop. I dont like blanketing any town with on word descriptions. I know of many areas in san Bernardino which are great pockets to live: Upper Del Rosa, Cal State region, East Highland, and area against the foothills. Colton has some long time established areas which have stable families. Grand terrace is generally good if you avoid the apartment down the hill. Rialto is defiantly the most dangerous place I have worked next San Bernardino. Nice areas in Rialto is again area against the hills. The most northern newest developments. The most Dangerous places are downtown areas of San Bernardino, All area surrounding Mt Vernon street, surrounding baseline in rialto.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:35 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Thaxil, what's your take on Fontana?

Old 01-25-2009, 08:38 PM

53 posts, read 332,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Thaxil, what's your take on Fontana?
There is a lot of new development occurring in southern Fontana. Fontana has been eating up unincorperated Blomingtion for years and that is were a lot of recent growth has occur. I have lived in Fontana, but more on the fringes. Fontana has had a trouble past with the steel mill closing some 20 years ago, but has recovered. I did not delivered in Fontana area, so my knowledge is limited and dated. I currently live in South Carolina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties