Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 07:03 PM

216 posts, read 698,116 times

Advertisements

my friends live in northern arizona. times have been tough and they want to move to victorville. they haven't been to see victorville in 15 years. i relay to them that i don't think its the best move economically (jobs). how are jobs in victorville/surrounding areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 08:10 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,931,898 times
Horrible.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:50 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,530,065 times
Very, very , very bad. Tell them to stay put. And ride it out.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:49 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,876,449 times
Not too many jobs anywhere in the country... HOWEVER...! Ft Irwin in Barstow is hiring 600 people as soon as possibe. Was in the VV paper just last week...!

Old 07-30-2009, 02:25 PM

Fort Irwin in Barstow.....hurry everyone get hired only to get laid off in a matter of weeks/months. And to do that drive that far with the $3 gasoline. WAHOO....Oh but wait if you have no degree or your....nevermind.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:49 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
Fort Irwin in Barstow.....hurry everyone get hired only to get laid off in a matter of weeks/months. And to do that drive that far with the $3 gasoline. WAHOO....Oh but wait if you have no degree or your....nevermind.

YOu must be a very unhappy person. Nothing ever from you but doom and glum. If you don't want a job at Ft Irwin, don't apply, but no one wants to hear you bad mouthing everything.
You need to find a place that makes you happy, and stay there, we don't need you here....! I for one am real tired of listening to you complain about everything. Go beat up your wife and give the rest of us a break...!

Old 07-31-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
YOu must be a very unhappy person. Nothing ever from you but doom and glum. If you don't want a job at Ft Irwin, don't apply, but no one wants to hear you bad mouthing everything.
You need to find a place that makes you happy, and stay there, we don't need you here....! I for one am real tired of listening to you complain about everything. Go beat up your wife and give the rest of us a break...!
That is not very nice. I am a very happy woman. Sounds like you need a break.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:08 AM

Victorville is great...come on over move on in, enjoy the great thing they have to offer!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:33 PM

216 posts, read 698,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
Victorville is great...come on over move on in, enjoy the great thing they have to offer!
you know whats really sad, i used to come on city data for un biased opinions...to see how life/employment/school/etc is.....but all s i have been getting is people 'mad' at their situations in life...and firing back and forth at each other to prove their point....not good

Old 08-03-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxiemack View Post
you know whats really sad, i used to come on city data for un biased opinions...to see how life/employment/school/etc is.....but all s i have been getting is people 'mad' at their situations in life...and firing back and forth at each other to prove their point....not good
Don't know where you assume I am mad at my situations. You asked for opinions.

Pros about HD
Mountains
Dry Climate
Centrally located from Vegas, Beach etc.
Lower cost of living
3 hours from Vegas

Cons about HD
Higher Crime rate
Starting to look like Fontana, LA and Pomona
Low-income housing everywhere, so your property value goes down
Too many Bank Repos
Mello Roos
Can't go to Walmart without looking over your shoulder
Growth without a plan
Bear Valley Rd

I know every place has a good and bad...and if where I lived stayed some what simpler and less on the cons list I would have stayed. I loved California...but living pay check to pay check and watching my neighborhood turn into parts in San Bernardino or Whitter I didn't like! Was not my cup of tea. I am sure if you find the right area you can be happy.
You asked if it was a good place for your family members to consider. This forum is for opinions. I am not bashing anyone, I am giving my opinion. And people can give theirs too good or bad. I lived there for many many years and see what the HD has to offer and what it has grown to. Yes some good things and some not so good.

Where I am now...they are growing without a proper plan, and faster then I excepted when I moved here. However, we have a very low crime rate. More like petty crime here. No low income housing. A beautiful clean lake that the people that live here take care. No trash in the lake, no trash left in parking lots at the local Walmart. People here have a respect for the land they live on. In the 70's through 1999 people in the HD respected one another, respected where they lived, respected their neigborhoods. Then the big push came and those people sold, and sold, and sold. We where one of the last to sell because we liked where we lived. But the people that bought, and bought, and bought also brought a different way of life that was not comforting any longer. So we moved. That's what people do.

Good luck to you and your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties