Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 12:16 PM

56 posts, read 165,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsbro View Post
it's all good: just wanted you to know that I didn't take any offense what cantwait2bthere said about women. i even happen to be one of those women that they are talking about - w/ the enhancements they were talking about. i just don't "sweat the small stuff". who really cares what other people think anyway! i'm not trying to say that you shouldn't have an opinion, but just wanted you to know that i didn't take any offense to it. i actually thought their choice of wording was rather poetic in a way and got a really good laugh out of it! ya gotta admit it was pretty funny no biggy...
In reading different posts, I noticed it was a theme that some keep repeating, including Can'tWait2BeThere, who has said this a few times. I'm glad she softened her comments to explaining her true sentiments. I appreciate that. On one thread, a guy even called all Southern CA women "sluts", I can't believe it wasn't edited out. I'm just not understanding how being unhappy in where you live makes it okay to bash women. Anyway...we're just people out here, and families, just like everywhere else. Thanks to both of you for responding. And sorry to the OP for taking your thread off-topic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 03:28 PM

193 posts, read 1,403,099 times
Itsallgood...a word of advice; don't take things that you read here too personally. The purpose of these fourms is to give would be residents various personal perceptions of the area. If I choose to share that I think there anbundunce of materialistic attitudes and an over concern with outward appearance by many women that is my right. It's easy to get sucked up into the Hollywood lifestyle that many folks in Southern California get caught up with, especially women.

It's not bashing, it's calling it out as I see it. I don't do it because as you assume, I am unhappy. I do it because I am being open and sharing what I have observed and that is who I am. By the way. I am not the only person who sees this and my family is doing something about what we don't want our child to get raised with...we are moving eventually. This area has grown rapidly and we are all being crowded in too tight.

The best way to prove it would be for you to move here and see what I mean. Being a woman is tricky...we want to preserve and improve our beauty for our own sake's and for those who already love us. It's when a woman chooses to look a certain way and then acts cold and stuck up when all of the "glamour" looks fake. Why look good if your attitude stinks?

Old 05-13-2007, 02:31 PM

2 posts, read 8,958 times
Well I live in Murrieta and there are something like 700 new homes in foreclosure last month alone! The market is horrendous right now, and not looking to get any better soon. I've been here since '88 and I'm from GA, we are currently trying to get out of SoCal and move back. I don't know how anyone can retire comfortably in Cali. without being up to their eyeballs in debt. I want a simpler life, a more affordable house and LOWER taxes! We pay $10K a year in property taxes! In GA for the same priced home I will pay $2K My assoc. dues are $200/mo here, in GA they will be $200/YEAR, and that is in a country club community.

Yes, I would agree that the median age around Murrieta and Temecula is 30-something. Young families all over. I am an elementary teacher, so make sure you find a good school district. Murrieta and Temecula are good, Menifee is good (year round school), Lake elsinore is not so good. Hemet is growing by leaps and bounds, too, but more deserty, and schools are pretty good. Fallbrook is beautiful, don't know anything about the schools.

$300K is a gonna be iffy, even in this market. All in all I think it's really beautiful here and I moved from OC too. Used to live in Coto area for years. I just miss the South and want to get back there for family reasons. Good Luck!

Old 05-14-2007, 01:29 PM

9 posts, read 52,143 times
femmedefoi - yeah the whole being in debt is scary for us. We've decided to wait it out for at least a year - if not longer, before we consider California. I miss my family out there, but it's just not the best thing to do right now. I live in Woodstock (not sure if you're familiar) and everything is building up around here! We are very excited to see what happens here!

Thank you so much for helping provide info to us, it helped in our decision process. Where do you plan on moving to back here?

Old 05-19-2007, 04:51 PM

18 posts, read 62,515 times
We are a mixed couple black / white moving in the area with children. What would be the most diverse and progressive town? Elsinore, Murrieta, Temecula? Thks for your help because this is a serious issue for us and our children.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:36 PM

Valenciacf...I don't think you will find a problem with any of the towns you listed as far as race goes. Though the area as a whole could use a little more diversity and culture.

There is a nice predominatly black church in Temecula that has a few mixed couples. I know the pastor has been trying to get the congregation more diverse too. But if you are looking for "progessive" as in more liberal I'm not sure Murrieta/Temecula would fit that politically. I once heard that this area is the bible belt of Southern California.

Old 05-20-2007, 03:10 PM

8 posts, read 82,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsbro View Post

I've heard that Lake Elsinore is starting to get better. They are building a lot of track homes near there, but regardless I don't think that is where we want to be either. It would be nice to have the option to spend a day there, so another bonus for Temecula - there is water close by!
If you're thinking of a "nice day at the lake" I'm not sure Lake Elsinore would be the best choice. You might have heard the nickname "Lake Smell-some-more". Maybe I'm wrong and it's changed, but the last time I was there wakeboarding it smelled pretty bad and there were several dead fish floating around me, it was pretty gross. Maybe it's better now?

Anyways, before you decide on Temecula, you should look into Fallbrook. It's a smaller-feeling community and a lot funkier (ie, has some character) when compared to Tem/Mur. It's also A LOT cooler in the summer and rarely gets frost like Temecula sometimes does in the winter. On an average summer day there can be a 10 degree difference between Temecula and Fallbrook; and then another 10 degrees from Temecula to Lake Elsinore. If you're used to OC weather, then I think the whole heat thing should be a MAJOR concern.

Good Luck!

Old 05-23-2007, 01:49 PM

9 posts, read 52,143 times
Thanks! I just talked w/ my Mom about Fallbrook and she said that it is more expensive in Fallbrook than Temecula area - she did say it is more funky and that we would fit in perfect. What have you heard about cost of living in Fallbrook? She also said that Lake smell some more is much better than it used to be!

OC weather was soooooo nice - 1 mi. from Laguna Beach! As you might have noticed we are back in GA now and anything will be better than the hot and humid summers here! My Mom lives in Anza - she wishes we would move there, but I don't think the ruralness is what we want right now.

Thanks again...

Old 05-24-2007, 01:13 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,527 times
I live in Menifee, we don't get that nice cool breeze in the evening like we use to, sometimes triple digits in the summer. Murrieta & Temec are cooler. Murrieta is still pricey on homes, though. Menifee is not too bad.

Recently, I read a post on criagslist, that said " Temecula is the next Moreno Valley" , due to the influx of people over the last 5 yrs., also, it said something about there being an extremely high number of foreclosures. That may be a good way to go. Check on Craigslist under, "Inland Empire real estate", many of the ads have pics, and a lot of them say " owner wants out now, or, bank owned".

Also, crime stats for this area have changed a bit. Example, today, while I was in town (Temecula), I stopped at the grocery store and right in front of me, and a bunch of other shoppers, some guy trying to steal a bottle of alcohol, stabbed the security guard who was trying to stop him. I have never seen anything like that in the 11 yrs I've been out here.

As far as construction goes, there is still a lot going on, I don't think he would have a problem finding work. I hope this helps !

Old 05-24-2007, 12:27 PM

TKDMOM...oh my! You witnessed a stabbing in Temecula? What store was it? I hope it wasen't Trader Joe's cuz that is my fave place to shop there. But then again...there would be no need to steal a bottle from TJ's when you get get a bottle of Two Buck Chuck there.

Hope you were not hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties