Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:59 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,743 times

Advertisements

Have you considered Eastvale (Corona, 92880). You could get a house there for near $400K on the smaller end (check out the Shea Homes website, sheahomes.com) and click on the community called Avonlea. The homes will definately be smaller than you would get in Perris, but Eastvale is a very nice, prosperous, and tight nit community. Its had a few growing pains (problems with lack of police enforcement, and conflicts over maintenance) but its something that could be expected for an "instant community" like Eastvale. I visited the community and was really impressed. There is a good diversity of people from Asians, to Caucasians, to Hispanics, to African Americans....its very balanced. The schools are some of the best in the IE, and the commute will be cut in half compared to Perris. Also, they have put in lots of shopping, parks, hiking trails, etc. Its definately a promising community.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:34 AM

74 posts, read 289,608 times
Red face Blessed in Perris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity Grace View Post
That crack head that knocked on your door at 3:00 am was actually a would be home invasion, if you had opened your door for Her. At my home We had a girl claim she was being chased by some guys and to let her in. Also my neighbor got a knock a few months later from a girl claiming she needed help. Perris is nothing like it was when I moved here in 1990 in a new home and affordable. I will say this Some parents are not concerned about their children's future. A Child with no guidance are the one's who ruin the neighborhood. Until they are cared for, the problem gets bigger and out of control.

Man. I must be truely blessed. All of these horrible stories of stuff happening in Perris. I may not have a car (have not had one since May 2003 and still looking for any charities that may help me), I may be between jobs right now, I may not have any brothers or sisters, I may not have many friends,I may be very short that makes me look like a teenager, but at least I have a place to live in a pretty safe area of Perris and a mother that loves me.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:35 AM

74 posts, read 289,608 times
Default Jobs?

Are there any employers hiring in say, Diamond Bar or Ontario for the day shift?

Old 05-06-2008, 06:16 PM

1 posts, read 9,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyWork View Post
What do you think about Perris, CA? We are considering buying a new home there http://www.kbhomes.com/Community.aspx?CommID=00425418 (broken link).

We took a look last weekend and as soon as we turned in to Evans from Ramona the communities looked real nice. On this community, they are building a huge park and an Elementary School right next to this community. If I heard correctly, they said they were building a new shopping center near buy or Mall, not sure what?

It is real close to Lake Perris, should there be any concerns that lake every breaking?

How are the schools? my kids need need special ed. they have Oral/Motor Apraxia and need lots of therapy. Is there any crime in this specific area/streets. I would like to avoid living or driving by hot neighborhoods.

Here in Anaheim, my neighborhood is very calm. Very fortunate, but just a few lights down there are gangs, which I haven't seen any violence since I moved here 5 years ago. Just graffitii. We can drive and walk around here without worrying of anybody bothering you.

We still have equity (not much) on our house in Anaheim and want to use it before home prices drop even more.

I own a Landscape/Maintenance Company together with my brother, and most of our business is in Costa Mesa, Newport, and Laguna Beach areas. I still want to service my customers and will need to commute here everyday, while I can build a new clientelle base in the I.E. for myself or buy out another company.

How is the commute to the Beach cities?

Has anyone used the toll roads? can it get costly?

What about Ortega Hwy? Has anyone used this to get to the coast/ 5/405 fwy's

We can't afford a home more than $400K, but we always dreamed to live in a new home and this almost 3K sq.ft. home is in our budget.

Can you help? I'm going crazy here! What is your opinion?
OC to Perris, good move. perris is growing fast and (well was) before the housing crunch. Good prices can be had, a very nice new home can be had four four hundred. You could spend much less and still nice depending on size and lot needs. Close to the 215, Close to Sun City, Hemet, Temecula, Murrieta, not too far to the Empire, the deserts are an hour or less. The bad. The distance/Gas price ratio. At four a gallon and 140 rd trip daily that's going to cost at say 20 mpg, 7 gallons and $28-that is a lot in travel cost not to mention wear and tear on the car. Toll roads are good but expensive. On the weekend not to bad on the 215-91 to the beach. Also south on 215/15 to the 76 or 78, West to the southern beaches, San Juan Capistrano is on the other end of the Ortega. I think the ortega may be under construction, better check it out. It is also one of the greatest, but most dangerous drives around, lot of sharp blind curves, very fast drivers, big rigs, rocks falling, etc. The other routes I mentioned are safer generally if you go daily. Downtown Perris is still iffy gang wise, but I live in Homeland, between Hemet and Romoland on the other side of the 215.. I love it here, been here and Temecula for 15 years. Good schools and shopping in those communities, better than Perris. (Temecula and Murrieta) and very good prices right now. I'd look there before Perris. Closer to the 15 and better neighborhoods generally. Hemet is also a good bet to check out. Larry

Old 05-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Ohs

236 posts, read 712,767 times
YUCK, do not move to Perris. I am from Murrieta and now live in Northern CA. My friend teaches and lives in Perris. Perris is known for being a bad area. It has lots of poverty and a large amount of scum bags because the area is a cheaper place to live. More families and middle class groups have moved into the area but not as much as was needed to clean the place up. And because it has so many new builds from the economy going up and then stoppping there isn't as much there as was planned and the people that did move there recently are paying HUGE property taxes to pay for all the new schools and roads. And the school district lost lots of money and is in danger of not being able to fund a new school that was just built and is not sitting there empty. Lots of teacher cut backs, which is happening everywhere but this area got hit really hard. As far as having a special needs student I know that mostly that whole area is really good about attending to their needs, by that whole area I mean Murrieta. Temecula, Perris... There isn't much else there, my friend drives to Moreno Valley to go to In-N-Out and to go to costco and anything else she needs, even shopping for food cause the stores are nicer outside of the area. It's not good and there is bad traffic on the 215 so if you have to commute anywhere it's gonna be a real pain. Seriously go further down or up like Riverside has lots of nice areas and Murrieta , Temecula, Hemet is up and coming, even LAke Elsinore is nicer and more built up then Perris. Don't be dazzled by the new builds there, really look into the property tax and if the new builders have any melaroos (I know I spelled that wrong)taxes. Hope this helps.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:00 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,635,464 times
Thanks for the contributions everyone. The OP hasn't logged into the site in a year so they obviously have done whatever it is they had to do and have moved on. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties