Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 07:50 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,395,534 times

Advertisements

I've lived there as a kid, for a couple of years, and back then, it was remote. It has expanded, but we are considering moving there real soon. Im not really big on city life and might look into someplace like Adelanto or maybe even Truckee, but as it stands right now, V V looks pretty reasonable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 10:57 AM

5 posts, read 20,532 times
Smile Victorville

I live in Hesperia, so that is right next door to Victorville, well if I had a choice between San Bernardino and Victorville, I pick Victorville and if it were between Victorville and Apple Valley , I choose Apple Valley over Victorville, what I DONT like about Victorville is, there is alot of ''TRACT HOUSING'' and I HATE those I dont like a ONE way in and ONE way out type of a street, so that's why I like Apple Valley housing over Victorville, they have that also but not as much as Victorville does. I have a girlfriend who purchase a brand new home in a housing tract in Victorville 3 yrs ago and with in 3 yrs it has gone down tremendousily foreclosures, rentals (they cant rent) property value down, mild blight, her street looks terrible now for sale/for rent signs everywhere, either dead grass or weeds up the yang yang on most houses, so try your luck in apple valley if you can, plus it's cheaper than victorville, but apple valley has their downside too. But the good outweighs the bad I think in apple valley, plus alot of new development in apple valley going on right now. Good Luck !

Old 11-18-2007, 12:11 AM

11 posts, read 46,144 times
I would advise against commuting that far. It sucks up your life, your gas and your money. Other than that, try looking at Wrightwood. I've lived here for 22 years. We are at 6,000 feet, clean air, pine trees, milder temperatures in summer and snow in winter.
Liz

Old 11-23-2007, 05:32 PM

852 posts, read 3,814,417 times
Choosing to live in Victorville and commute to Hollywood? That's unfortunate on so many micro and macro levels. If housing prices would be keeping you out of a job-adjacent home, then rent. Four hours (minimum) a day of traffic, either by car or mass transit, for the privilege of picking joshua tree stems out of your gravel driveway on the weekends? There must be another option.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:47 AM

635 posts, read 1,746,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee777 View Post
You are about 2 hours and 45 minutes from Vegas

You can get to Vegas from Victorville in 2 hours and 25 minutes to Vegas from Victorville, unless your going between 65-75. I drove 90 for the three hours I was driving, and my wife and I went from the Pacific Ocean to Vegas in four hours and ten minutes.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:48 AM

22 posts, read 134,860 times
I used to teach in East Los Angeles and lived in Riverside, probably about half the distance it is from Hollywood to Victorville... There were a few times I left from work at 4:00 pm and didn't get the car into the driveway until after 10:30 pm. I began looking for either a closer job or a house comparable to the one I had in Riverside in Montebello. I ended up working overseas (my present stint in Vietnam isn't my first job abroad). A six hour commute one way for 60 miles isn't worth it.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:58 AM

22 posts, read 134,860 times
Oh, I noticed you were asking about Needles... Needles isn't such a bad place... It does get hot... You aren't but a little less than an hour away from Kingman, Arizona, which is where you would do most of your big shopping... Needles has a Bashas' supermarket. Bashas' is an Arizona supermarket chain. Needles High School's athletic teams compete as a Nevada school... The Needles Police Department was dissolved a few years ago and now Barstow is the only San Bernardino County desert city that has its own police department... The closest California city to Needles is Blythe, about 100 miles to the south and takes about an hour and 45 minutes on US 95. There is never any traffic but watch for tourists... Sam Kinnison was killed in a freak carwreck in Needles. Barstow is 150 miles to the west and is a little over two hours by freeway, which sometimes has heavy traffic.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:12 AM

45 posts, read 295,347 times
Dont dont dont. What more is there to say? hot dry ugly crime ridden nothing to do bad schools. Its horrible I am glad I got out

Old 12-01-2007, 10:03 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,389,384 times
Victorville is a miserable, crime-infested hell hole. I lived there and got out by the skin of my teeth. Anyone with any chance to get out, goes. Gang bangers predominate.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:24 PM

15 posts, read 77,674 times
Victorville Resident..........<Gangs will be especially unsettling to you if you have never experienced its menace>
Can you be more specific as to how to gain "experience" or deal with situations related to gang menace ? Do I need to pack a 9 with me in my move out there ? Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties