Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 12:06 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,931,730 times

Advertisements

because you were speeding and because probably your're an a-hole for creating an at least 10 page thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 02:12 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,915,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
because you were speeding and because probably your're an a-hole for creating an at least 10 page thread
Your statement is extremely rude...not to mention bordering on law/police worship, but I'll let that one go.

As to the OP, hey...we ALL of us post vents and whatever we feel like talking about on this forum. This is why it's called a forum. It isn't just about posting Rebecca-of-sunnybrook-farm essays. I'm always amused when people complain about other people complaining on a MESSAGE BOARD

And if you noticed..other people posted on this thread as well, myself included. In fact, if you want to blame anyone on the thread length, I'm afraid I'm responsible for a good part of the postings.

So take me out back and shoot me.

Lastly, I must respectfully disagree with the poster who said that the police are all "I'm just doing my job" and the quota thing. The problem is that the "I'm just doing my job" attitude is also what Hitlers followers bleated when confronted with their atrocities. It doesn't wash. Sorry. If doing your job entails hurting someone else, then you need to disobey and do what's right. That's what we are here for as human beings. Also, the I'm-just-doing-my-job rationale just makes you a jobsworth.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:13 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,030,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Your statement is extremely rude...not to mention bordering on law/police worship, but I'll let that one go.
How is saying the OP got a ticket "because he was speeding" bordering on police worship?

Old 06-30-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
and because probably your're an a-hole for creating an at least 10 page thread
To be fair, we kinda hijacked the thread, which is why it got so long... Sorry.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
How is saying the OP got a ticket "because he was speeding" bordering on police worship?
Because he calls the OP an "a-hole" and just assumes the police were in the right and the OP was wrong, without knowing the whole story. It appears he is blindly worshipping authority with it's golden knowledge and infinite wisdom.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Because he calls the OP an "a-hole" and just assumes the police were in the right and the OP was wrong, without knowing the whole story. It appears he is blindly worshipping authority with it's golden knowledge and infinite wisdom.
Wow, you're not good at reading comprehension, are you? He calls him an a-hole for starting a ten-page thread, not for speeding... And I suspect that was rather tongue-in-cheek.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Wow, you're not good at reading comprehension, are you? He calls him an a-hole for starting a ten-page thread, not for speeding... And I suspect that was rather tongue-in-cheek.
I'm QUITE good at reading comprehension thank you very much. I wouldn't have gotten As in college if I WASNT.

In any event, what he said was a personal attack at the very least. And I still feel he was implying the OP was wrong without all the facts.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I'm QUITE good at reading comprehension thank you very much. I wouldn't have gotten As in college if I WASNT.

In any event, what he said was a personal attack at the very least. And I still feel he was implying the OP was wrong without all the facts.
The OP said he was doing 86 in a 65 zone. That's why he got a ticket. No argument, no wiggle room, no "implications" of right or wrong when it comes to that part... Bloom was entirely correct in saying "because you were speeding". It's a FACT. Cold and hard. No dispute.

And he VERY clearly said the OP was an a-hole FOR STARTING A TEN PAGE THREAD. Which wasn't very nice but has nothing to do with the ticket thing- and again I'm betting it was kind of tongue in cheek, since it was mostly you (and me, and one or two other people) who blew the whole thing out of proportion... I really can't figure out what you're on about when you mix up the two statements and somehow get "police-worship" and a rant about authority out of it.

Did you forget your tinfoil hat today?

(and I apologize to everyone else for keeping this going when there is clearly no point. I've finished all my work for the week and I'm on a two-week vacation in 2 1/2 hours, so I'm just trying to keep myself occupied. I'll try to stop now.)

Old 06-30-2011, 10:04 PM

26 posts, read 38,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrygreenfraggle View Post
I was pulled over for speeding at 86 mph. The speed limit was 65 I believe. I was informed by mail that my ticket cost would be $440 and if I wanted to go to traffic school it would be $492. This ticket is way out of my budget it just seems way too high! I guess my question is why is my ticket so high? And is there a way I can lower it? The voilation is 22349A any advice would be appreciated.

It got your attention didn't it?

In case you are wondering, that's why it is so high.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:19 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,192,280 times
Quote:
Lighten up ? So you're saying I should be ok with the elderly man (who shouldn't have been driving in the first place) .
Now you're hitting a bit below the belt. At what age, in your considerate opinion, should a person not be allowed to drive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego