Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 12:06 PM

490 posts, read 1,557,175 times

Advertisements

FunkyMonk & Nick682: Move. Now.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:47 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,136,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Wherever you go, there you are.

If you're miserable in Peoria, you'll be miserable in New York, eventually, because you're just miserable. The idea that the city you live in is going to make or break your happiness is very shallow. Think off all the people who leave their entire family to move to another country in search of a better life. They have a real reason to be miserable.

This idea that life is all about your personal happiness is part of the sickness that has infected an entire generation of Americans... the "me" generation.

Just remember your misery is never solely your own - misery loves company.
That is a typical response to anyone who is unhappy with thier geographic location "If you're unhappy here you'll be unhappy anywhere." That's true of people who are genuinely unhappy, but that wouldn;t describe me.

I am perfectly happy with myself, i'm not an "unhappy" person at all and I smile and enjoy every minute of every day. I simply don't like SD and I look at this place realistically instead of being in dreamland all the time. However, although I recognize the dysfunctions of SD, I try to never let it get under my skin much and effect my happiness. Instead i'm just working on getting out.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:08 PM

490 posts, read 1,557,175 times
Work harder.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:25 PM

202 posts, read 873,252 times
Default Wow, lot's of anger there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewzikguy View Post
Work harder.
Just responding to the thread, no need to get in a hissy! Can't see why you would be so offended if none of the stuff applied to you. I said that in my post also, maybe you didn't remember that part?

I got a good idea?--Next time you see a post from me, don't read it!

What a concept?

I skip over all the "flowers and sunshine posts", why can't you skip over my truthful description"?

This post was begging for controversy, it began with controversy.

I'm sorry that you are not able to play nicely, and translate your thoughts into an intellectual response. You should give it a try sometime though, it can be liberating, better than getting angry.

It's called expression.

I was never rude by insisting that anyone leave the town, like you have been to me. You only prove my point with your childish, impatient remark.

Guess if you had it your way you would stifle the first amendment too?

Yes sir....sir....since you said so.... I'm leaving immediately!

Oh..look.... an entire website backing up my claims: Ivars' San Diego Links

maybe you should demand that he leave too!

Last edited by Nick682; 03-08-2008 at 02:56 PM..

Old 03-08-2008, 02:45 PM

Default FunyMunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
That is a typical response to anyone who is unhappy with thier geographic location "If you're unhappy here you'll be unhappy anywhere." That's true of people who are genuinely unhappy, but that wouldn;t describe me.

I am perfectly happy with myself, i'm not an "unhappy" person at all and I smile and enjoy every minute of every day. I simply don't like SD and I look at this place realistically instead of being in dreamland all the time. However, although I recognize the dysfunctions of SD, I try to never let it get under my skin much and effect my happiness. Instead i'm just working on getting out.
FunkyMunk, you might find this entertaining, I thought it was funny. Warning! for those who are easily offended, contains foul language:

YouTube - Everyday Normal Guy

Last edited by Nick682; 03-08-2008 at 02:57 PM..

Old 03-08-2008, 05:59 PM

Default Another Awesome link to SD politics

OB Rag » Local Activist Quits San Diego Politics - A Season in Hell

Old 03-08-2008, 06:26 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,462,002 times
Quote:

If you looked at this place realistically, you wouldn't only have negative things to say about it. While I agree (to a degree) with some of your postings about the shallowness and materialism, I find it difficult to believe that you find absolutely nothing positive to say about San Diego. For me, happiness is a choice. I choose to be happy regardless of my circumstances or surroundings. I rise above them and can see the good things.

As another poster had said on another thread...bloom where you're planted. Think about it, you can't cultivate flowers without some measure of bullsh*t!

Old 03-08-2008, 06:55 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,509,335 times
Quote:
The effort you've expended in telling everyone else how unhappy you are speaks otherwise.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:20 PM

349 posts, read 1,545,965 times
Funkymonk and Nick. You both sound really miserable in San Diego. I really want to hear how you like living in the PNW once you relocate (maybe 6 months to a year after). I've thought of moving there myself from time to time just to be near extended family but my husband is dead set against it.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:36 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,136,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
The effort you've expended in telling everyone else how unhappy you are speaks otherwise.
You are twisting my words. I never said anything about "being unhappy" and if I did you can go ahead and quote me on it.

Rather, what i've done is tell it like it is about this city from a perspective that is shared by a lot of people. This sentiment is echoed by other posters in this thread as well as the articles posted by Nick. As well as hundreds of people i've met over the years who live, or have lived here. If you go up to Northern California and say "San Diego" the people up there mostly have a similar opinion of it as I do. For you to assume it's jut a few unhappy people is laughable.

As far as being "unhappy", I am not. I am a very, very happy person In fact i'm one of the small number of San Diegans that isn;t on pills, illegal drugs, or drinking every night to soothe my nerves. I am at a high point in life in fact.

You seem to illogically be assuming that simply because I am expressing negative viewpoints that I must be unhappy, this is lacking in logic big time. Breaking News: SD isn't paradise for everyone. Some people actually don;t like it here and have legitamite complaints about it. Once again, I refer you to the news articles posted earlier in this thread.

I find it funny that people take it so seriously and feel to need to defend SD. As if i'm personally attacking you? No. I'm not attacking anything. I am analyzing, observing and critiqueing the way things are in San Diego.....

Positive things about SD...... the weather is great. I do love bicycling around the city. I ride an average of 20 miles per day. I love the big burritos at Mexican places, I like relazin on a warm beach and I love the camping spots out east..... There are some things I like about it here. But the negative far outweighs the positive for me unfortunately.

If you don't agree with me then that's fine. There's no need for personal attacks and fits of anger or defensivenes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego