Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 06:10 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
I'd be all over that management office about telling them to do their job! Did the note that you left on the car have your phone number on it? Hopefully, you'd get a call to try to work things out amicably.
So an update. Management tagged the car with a tow notice. one more time and it's towed. they DO have a posted tow sign out front as required by California law so for right not we are just waiting to see if the jerk calls their hand. if he/she does I will expect the vehicle to be towed. if they don't I will ask for a reduction in the lease. they sound clear on the issue now. the photos I sent them seemed to do the trick. it's taking all my strength not to say howdy to the jerk and have ourselves a back to Jesus meet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 07:14 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,386,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
My GF at the time had someone parking in her spot so she left a note on the car. They took the note and put threats on it and left it on her car. I decided to put up a pc cam aimed at the spot. Her car came up keyed and rather than beat his @ss I did the right thing and we turned him in.
1AngryTaxPayer,

That is exactly what my tenant did. He set up a webcam that worked off wi-fi. Amazing the technology these days.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:12 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
So an update. Management tagged the car with a tow notice. one more time and it's towed. they DO have a posted tow sign out front as required by California law so for right not we are just waiting to see if the jerk calls their hand. if he/she does I will expect the vehicle to be towed. if they don't I will ask for a reduction in the lease. they sound clear on the issue now. the photos I sent them seemed to do the trick. it's taking all my strength not to say howdy to the jerk and have ourselves a back to Jesus meet.
Just for giggles describe the idiot for us

Old 07-30-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Just for giggles describe the idiot for us
Never met the fool.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:55 PM

Just as a note here is what I have learned,.

Under Cali law the property if private must be posted that they have a tow policy at the entrance. If they don't and the vehicle is towed the fines are very high.

It is much easier to use the law than to break it and do something foolish to the car in your space.

You may file a police report but they will refer you to your prop manager.

Some communities have a tenant tow policy in which the tenant can call and have a car towed out of their space. (my personal fave)

Old 08-03-2011, 09:25 PM

Well the same car is there again. Was not towed. I have sent an email to manager of property requesting the new Director to intervene. Also called the security company and they may tow it but more likely cite it. From there I have included in my email that this is a paid for space and this vehicle owner has clearly called their bluff. Awaiting further action. I plan to ask for a reduction in the rent for one month and to TOW the GD car anytime it shows up.

Unbelievable. Anyone have a smart attorney please advance his/her name to me.

Thanks.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:37 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,335,027 times
The security company won't tow it, because they'll be held liable. You can have it towed yourself if you're willing to sign the paperwork.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
The security company won't tow it, because they'll be held liable. You can have it towed yourself if you're willing to sign the paperwork.
Thanks for that. The driver moved the vehicle just prior to security arrival. Security and I chatted. I will look into your suggestion. I have blistered management with nice and sweet requests. I will also plan on Saturday to be around to "meet and greet" this driver should they show up. We have a requested a larger garage and/or a new parking space. I have also contacted a tenant attorney for back up.

This pos is not going to fly much longer.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:18 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Better person than me. I would have confronted them by the second time. I would have dragged the POS car out myself. Oh wait, I did that years ago. Somehow it appears the parking brake didn't keep the car in my driveway and the car accidently rolled out into the street.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Better person than me. I would have confronted them by the second time. I would have dragged the POS car out myself. Oh wait, I did that years ago. Somehow it appears the parking brake didn't keep the car in my driveway and the car accidently rolled out into the street.
I contacted an attorney with tenant rights. No word from manager yet. Seems her pregnacy is getting in the way of common sense poor girl. We will give it one day. Legally I can have the vehicle towed and I may do that. I must give notice to management prior. If the vehicle is there tonight I will take more pics and call security hoping to meet the driver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego