Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 09:33 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
I have heard that the two power cables affecting the San Diego area were CUT ON PURPOSE...

San Francisco is also experiencing power problems. Just heard that power won't be back on there for (as long as) four to six days.

Something is up... Maybe a diversion... Dunno...
Well ... the southern California outage occurred just before Obama's speech
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 10:33 PM

9,823 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
One of the most amazing sights we may ever get will be tonight. All powe off...you can see layers and layers of stars.
Incredible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny how? View Post
Perhaps something all the "looters" can keep in mind as they're high tailing it down the streets with all their loot!
Rofl!!!!!!!
thanks for making me spit my beer out

Old 09-08-2011, 11:19 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,039 times
Power just came back on in Mexicali. Went out at 4pm and it was 110. What a nightmare...some areas are still in the dark though. We lost water pressure as well, but it is slowly returning. I always wondered what would happen if we lost power in the middle of the summer and now I know: be miserable till it comes back, but surviveable. The house stayed cool for a grand total of 5 minutes in this heat, then the hot walls started to bake it. No trees or natural shade to be found...the sun was at a lower angle so it was shining in and there was no breeze. After the sun went down the mosquitos came out...wow what a day. And this was the last area to get the electricity back despite being the hottest??? Or isn't it all restored in SD already?

Old 09-09-2011, 12:09 AM

31 posts, read 66,786 times
Who, like, um, turned off like, the umm lights and stuff ?
Brahhh, the whole street has no light. Look outside!
Whoooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
What are we gonna do ?
Dude, chill, man, no sense gettin all uptight about it. Are you like from Michigan or , like, some other east coast state?

Old 09-09-2011, 01:48 AM

1,504 posts, read 6,151,633 times
Sounds like about a quarter of the county is back up. Still no power here on the outskirts of Escondido. San Onofre nuclear plant is offline and it will take till late Friday to restart it.

UT says on their web site that no looting has been reported so far. Thankfully, this is not south Bronx.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:50 AM

371 posts, read 637,439 times
Power came back on in eastern Clairemont at about 2:25 a.m. My AT&T landline stopped working a little after 11:00, so I'm not sure when that's coming back.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:33 AM

542 posts, read 692,009 times
Rancho San Diego has power. I was woken up around 1am by my fridge restarting as well as someone in my complex whooping with glee. Heh. Have to say I'm happy, although I have flashlights and batteries aplenty (just refreshed my emergency kit last week!).

Hope the traffic lights work tomorrow. Driving home was not much fun.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:37 AM

4,539 posts, read 12,403,081 times
My power came back on at about 12:15 a.m.

I was surprised people were having problems with their landlines, because usually those keep working come hell or high water. And since we are America's Paradise and by the desert, we shouldn't have either of those.

I was driving around the neighborhood tonight, and you could just SMELL all of the candles burning in peoples homes. The air was fragrant (or reeked - depending on your preference) with the smell of burning candle wax.

And, yes my greatest concern was that my ice cream was going to melt. But phhew... it got soft, but it didn't melt. And it's sooooo much better when it's soft!

Old 09-09-2011, 06:27 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
Advisory is to boil water as the outage caused a couple treatment plants to fail.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:35 AM

50,277 posts, read 47,032,885 times
I was prepared for this. I simply walked to the backyard and started the genset. Ha ha ha to the people that think I'm crazy for being a survivalist. I've got water, food, batteries, gensets oh, and ice cold beer ha ha ha.

Plus enough fire power to make sure it remains mine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego