Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 03:17 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,386,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I am literally baffled by people who claim PCs crash all the time. The one thing I have found is the people making these claims almost universally tend to be older and to be not very tech savvy so I can only guess they're doing something seriously wrong because crashes simply aren't a problem for me or anyone I know.
Consider yourself lucky if your PC never crashed. I've used several PC's over the years and they most of them crashed at one time or another and many of my friends as well. I'm not exactly too old (I'm still in my 30's) or non tech savvy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Screen_of_Death
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 03:50 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,910,626 times
It is an extremely rare event.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:25 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
I am literally baffled by people who claim PCs crash all the time. The one thing I have found is the people making these claims almost universally tend to be older and to be not very tech savvy so I can only guess they're doing something seriously wrong because crashes simply aren't a problem for me or anyone I know.
Lots of variables to that. I'm in a shop with over 5000 boxes and laptops. Some MS patches pushed out drive us nutz and some models of dell laptops are really frustrating as they freeze often and blue screen a lot more than others. Do I have trouble with them? Not usually but some have machines I want to use for target practice.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:35 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,556,387 times
Quote:
I am literally baffled by people who claim PCs crash all the time.
Sheltered
All it takes is an outdated version of Java and a visit to the wrong site and Crash!

Old 09-28-2012, 09:16 PM

Everything is updated automatically so why would it be out of date? Also Java does not crash if you go to the wrong sites and hasn't for about a decade now.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:39 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,976,042 times
It just works? Yeah, whatever. How's that maps working for you? Oh, it's not?

There's rationality, and then there's fanboism. If you claim it just works when it doesn't and then say, well, Android phones are bad because you have to root them, you've crossed into the fanboi side.

I've never rooted my Android phones. I don't even know how. But you know what?

They just work. And I've had turn by turn voice nav on them for years. Which works and doesn't send me in the wrong direction.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:50 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,940,353 times
As they say, this is always seems funny

Hitler finds out about IOS 6 and Apple maps. - YouTube

Old 09-28-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinsd View Post
It just works? Yeah, whatever. How's that maps working for you? Oh, it's not?

There's rationality, and then there's fanboism. If you claim it just works when it doesn't and then say, well, Android phones are bad because you have to root them, you've crossed into the fanboi side.

I've never rooted my Android phones. I don't even know how. But you know what?

They just work. And I've had turn by turn voice nav on them for years. Which works and doesn't send me in the wrong direction.
Amen, brother. "It just works" doesn't fly when the maps don't work, the turn by turn instructions send you 20 miles in the wrong direction, and 1/3rd of websites won't display because Apple is afraid flash could allow users a way out of their closed source world. Then there is how they try to lock you into iTunes and block competition on apps.

Basically, the tech folks moved on years ago and all Apple has left are fanbois who would buy any substandard thing as long as it has an Apple logo, aging hipsters who aren't all that hip, and then old people who haven't gotten the word yet that Apple sells out of date but pretty looking stuff with lots of behind the scenes issues.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:24 PM

This is why Android has almost double the market share of Apple.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:30 PM

**** Apple Fanatics Say, Part 1 - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego