Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 10:39 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

Is he still Mayor if they changed the locks and he can't get into the building? It's in every paper and/or news channel (head smack).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 02:53 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,033,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
All these years of sexual harassment,why did all these women wait so long to come forward
Shame. Fear. Bob's reputation for revenge. Thinking that they were the only one, and nobody would believe them. And many more.

Quote:
Maybe ive watched to many episodes of,The Mentalists,but am i the only one that can tell some of these Women are lying?
And that, right there, is part of the reason that it ccan be extremely difficult to come forward. You are part of the problem.

Quote:
Let record reflex i do believe Head lock Bob is a serial Groper.
Dude, that's plenty of grounds for sexual harassment. Even if you don't believe any of the other stuff. That's ENOUGH. Sexual harassment and unwanted touching is NOT OK for anyone. ANYONE. EVER. EVERYONE that pulls that crap SHOULD be exposed and lose their job and lose the respect of his peers.

(although I really fail to see how any of the "other stuff" is a stretch from "serial groper". And I seriously thought about it for a few minutes. Nope.)

Old 08-13-2013, 06:14 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,485 times
New video reveals that Carl Demaio knew about the sexual harassment during the pre election debates. I still don't like Demaio. He may not be a pervert like Filner, but hes still a slimeball.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:29 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,385,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Shame. Fear. Bob's reputation for revenge. Thinking that they were the only one, and nobody would believe them. And many more.

And that, right there, is part of the reason that it ccan be extremely difficult to come forward. You are part of the problem.

Dude, that's plenty of grounds for sexual harassment. Even if you don't believe any of the other stuff. That's ENOUGH. Sexual harassment and unwanted touching is NOT OK for anyone. ANYONE. EVER. EVERYONE that pulls that crap SHOULD be exposed and lose their job and lose the respect of his peers.

(although I really fail to see how any of the "other stuff" is a stretch from "serial groper". And I seriously thought about it for a few minutes. Nope.)
As usual, I totally agree. This kind of thinking is EXACTLY why women don't come forward when this happens. People like this that some how will try to blame the victim.

I had a good friend go through it and she went through hell dealing with it. She went through the same thought process as Jenkay mentioned. Thinking she was the only one, thinking people would blame her, worrying she would lose a good job, etc.

I'm not sure how anyone can even doubt that Filner did these things. All these women aren't lying. Anyone that tries to say that really needs to have their head examined, IMHO.

I haven't been following the Filner the last few days as I'm on vacation. But it's funny as I'm in the middle of the South Pacific in the middle of nowhere. (Bora Bora) and we mention we are from San Diego and it's funny to hear French people cracking jokes about Filner. That kind of puts things in perspective what a horrible reputation this guy has. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
New video reveals that Carl Demaio knew about the sexual harassment during the pre election debates. I still don't like Demaio. He may not be a pervert like Filner, but hes still a slimeball.
I'm no fan of Demaio. But I think this comment is totally irrelevant. I heard Demaio did try to warn people about Filner but not anything you can do if people don't come forward out of fear. Like Demaio or hate him, I can guarantee you that you wouldn't be reading about Demaio sexually harassing women OR men. I don't think you'd hear this type of thing from most people out there.

Fortunately this type of despicable and illegal activity isn't common amongst Mayors.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:05 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,937,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
I haven't been following the Filner the last few days as I'm on vacation. But it's funny as I'm in the middle of the South Pacific in the middle of nowhere. (Bora Bora) and we mention we are from San Diego and it's funny to hear French people cracking jokes about Filner. That kind of puts things in perspective what a horrible reputation this guy has. LOL.

I'm no fan of Demaio. .
Viva la France. They may be promiscuous but are consensual without harassment.
Demaio will be a Manchester lap dog. It is lose lose for SD.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:05 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Has he even been seen in town? I am pretty sure settlement talks are under way with him leaving the office, paying off the woman who filed suit and chatting with the Feds. This scores as one of the best flame outs I have ever seen.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:10 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times
Demaio is mad because he didn't get sexually harassed by Head lock Bob.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:19 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,975,487 times
The only way he's leaving is if the recall succeeds and that may not even be constitutional because only the people who vote in the recall election are allowed to vote in the election to replace Filner.

We are probably stuck with this joker for a while. He's going to fight it as long as he can, which is typical of a sociopath like him. Bob Packwood did the same thing back in the 1990s, and he was able to hang on to his Senate seat for THREE YEARS before he had to resign.

New York loves us. They can say, oh, yeah, but at least we didn't elect Weiner as our mayor!

Old 08-14-2013, 09:15 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,385,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Has he even been seen in town? I am pretty sure settlement talks are under way with him leaving the office, paying off the woman who filed suit and chatting with the Feds. This scores as one of the best flame outs I have ever seen.

I don't know. The Jesse Jackson Jr. fiasco ranks up there. He was refusing to resign as well before he was ultimately forced out. And now he just got sentenced to 2.5 YEARS in PRISON. And his wife may go to the big house as well for a few years.

I'd say he ranks as a major flame out.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:49 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
I don't know. The Jesse Jackson Jr. fiasco ranks up there. He was refusing to resign as well before he was ultimately forced out. And now he just got sentenced to 2.5 YEARS in PRISON. And his wife may go to the big house as well for a few years.

I'd say he ranks as a major flame out.
I read she got a year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego