Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2013, 07:02 PM

745 posts, read 1,568,348 times

Advertisements

So now the mayor's lawyer has sent a letter to the City stating it is their fault not his because they never provided sexual harassment training to him. The sad thing is, this sort of thing could actually have a chance of standing up in court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 07:10 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,384,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeke View Post
Sounds like Marti Emerald just wants him to get straight with God. Myrtle Cole belongs to the unions and I don't think she will ever do anything that might offend them. She was a union professional before she got elected to the City Council.
Quote:
So now the mayor's lawyer has sent a letter to the City stating it is their fault not his because they never provided sexual harassment training to him. The sad thing is, this sort of thing could actually have a chance of standing up in court.

Marti Emerald's political career is probably definitely over after this as well. I can't understand her logic on this. Maybe she and Filner have some love affair or something? LOL. That's the only thing I can think of. But definitely I don't believe she should ever hold ANY future public office again after this. And I've heard that people want to recall her as well now due to her ignorance.

Yeah, it's totally sick that Filner is trying to blame this on the City. Just totally disgusting but honestly at this point, his lawyers are trying to come up with at least some strategy and game plan that will keep him (a) out of jail and (b) in the poor house. And I'm sure the lawyer most importantly is worried about getting his future legal bills paid. LOL.

You can't make this kind of stuff up!

Old 07-31-2013, 07:38 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
This whole fiasco is doing enormous damage to the democratic party in San Diego. People are finally being shown just what a bunch of hypocritical, phony,demigods these so called progressives really are.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:14 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,384,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
This whole fiasco is doing enormous damage to the democratic party in San Diego. People are finally being shown just what a bunch of hypocritical, phony,demigods these so called progressives really are.
I think you'd find many Republicans agreeing that Filner is their best friend.

Bob Filner may turn out to be Republicans' best friend - latimes.com

And to be fair Demaio's camp did warn about this last Fall: http://media.utsandiego.com/news/doc...out_Filner.pdf

Old 08-01-2013, 06:00 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'd rather have a Lamprey stuck to my face
post of the day

Old 08-01-2013, 06:04 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
Quote:
Sounds like Marti Emerald just wants him to get straight with God. Myrtle Cole belongs to the unions and I don't think she will ever do anything that might offend them. She was a union professional before she got elected to the City Council.
Inappropriate but maybe Marti and Myrtle are looking for their chance to get into a Filner headlock.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:20 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The democrats were already damaged even before this Filner mess.
But if you Think the good ole boys in the GOP have someone else better to offer,You're a fool!

I've change my view on the city defending Filner.Looks like the city is better off if they do defend him.
Bob Filner

Old 08-01-2013, 08:32 AM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Well, I feel a wave of guilt now knowing that I didn't train grabby Bob to keep his hands to himself. Anyone else? I mean, the guys only 70+ so I'm sure he has never been around females before in the work place.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:46 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
BF and his lawyer are just strategizing. The man has little if any room to wiggle as shown by this attempt which on it's face is ludicrous. Any court would find that just because he missed the training does not excuse his grotesque attempts to fondle women. It would shock the conscience to allow this to stand and as such it is specious.

Secondly, his conduct may be criminal in which case it would not matter in any case. Looks like the city is getting good advice. I think that they are building a case of criminal conduct. If they think that they can make it stick it's the city's next play imho.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:51 AM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
LMAO First Kelvin then Celsius and now:

Somebody should invent a municipal dysfunction meter. Measurement units could be "Filners." Maybe one Filner would be composed of two Weiners. Or three Spitzers.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego