Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2013, 07:02 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,937,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
Didn't mean to leave you out bloom. I know you're not so crazy on the local dining scene. Can I ask what your top 10 favorite places are? I'm always willing to try out a new place. Thanks!
I'm half-joking as you know.
Just off the top of my head and not rank ordered and includes very casual

Wine Vault (on India Street next to Saffron)
Saffron
Blue Water Grill
Luche Libre (mixed)
Bull Taco (mixed)
MXN formerly Santanas
In-n-Out
Burger Lounge (but $ per value)
Snooze
Pipes (mixed)
Wich wich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 10:01 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,033,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
I'm half-joking as you know.
Just off the top of my head and not rank ordered and includes very casual

Wine Vault (on India Street next to Saffron)
Saffron
Blue Water Grill
Luche Libre (mixed)
Bull Taco (mixed)
MXN formerly Santanas
In-n-Out
Burger Lounge (but $ per value)
Snooze
Pipes (mixed)
Wich wich
Mmmmmm Bull Taco

Old 06-16-2013, 01:42 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,937,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Mmmmmm Bull Taco
Bull Taco is hit and miss. Somedays are really good including some of their more exotic taco like ostrich, etc. Other days not so much. The view is always a hit.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:48 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,385,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Bull Taco is hit and miss. Somedays are really good including some of their more exotic taco like ostrich, etc. Other days not so much. The view is always a hit.
Thanks bloom. I haven't tried Bull Taco. I see they have a few locations including Cardiff by the Sea so I'll check them out. I LOVE Mexican. We have tried so many of them and never get tired of checking out new places. I just checked out their website and got a laugh out of the "inauthentic Mexican".

Thanks.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:53 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,740,852 times
Quote:
I'm about to go hike N. and S. Fortuna right now
S. Fortuna is one of my favorite hikes at Mission Trails. For those of you who haven't done it before, here are a few pics I took a few months ago.

Did you even know that you walk across the SD River?

It's under 40 mins to get to this point from the beginning of the trailhead.

I think I counted 340 steps like this that take you to the top. It gets pretty steep in some spots

Making my way up

Did I mention the views? Downtown and the Coronados Islands (Off Mexico) in distance

Your reward is being able to sit on the rocks, perched hundreds of feet above the valley floor

Hike Info
Mission Trails Regional Park :: Map Details

Last edited by sdurbanite; 06-18-2013 at 06:01 PM..

Old 06-18-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
S. Fortuna is one of my favorite hikes at Mission Trails. For those of you who haven't done it before, here are a few pics I took a few months ago.

Did you even know that you walk across the SD River?

It's under 40 mins to get to this point from the beginning of the trailhead.

I think I counted 340 steps like this that take you to the top

Making my way up

Did I mention the views?

Your reward is being able to sit on the rocks, perched hundreds of feet above the valley floor

Hike Info
Mission Trails Regional Park :: Map Details
There's not nearly that much water in the river right now! But yeah, it's one of my favorite hikes as well, although if I'm going after work I usually start at the Clairmont Mesa side, as it's on my way home. Weekends I go from the visitor's center.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
There's not nearly that much water in the river right now! But yeah, it's one of my favorite hikes as well, although if I'm going after work I usually start at the Clairmont Mesa side, as it's on my way home. Weekends I go from the visitor's center.
Yeah, I'm sure it's down to a trickle now. I don't even know where the Clairemont trailhead is......I usually start from near the Visitor's Center. I'm guessing you did the hike before the brushfire closed part of the park this weekend.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:18 PM

Oh, another thing I love about SD are the concerts on the Bay. I saw Mayer Hawthorne there last weekend and it was awesome! You can thank me later for introducing you to the funkiest whiteboy out there

Here he is on Letterman doing his Motown thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMrNn2azgQY

Old 06-18-2013, 09:03 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,385,109 times
Gorgeous, gorgeous photos sdurbanite. We thank our lucky stars every day that we live here. It's such a beautiful city.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Yeah, I'm sure it's down to a trickle now. I don't even know where the Clairemont trailhead is......I usually start from near the Visitor's Center. I'm guessing you did the hike before the brushfire closed part of the park this weekend.
It was only closed Sunday and Monday. Most of the park is open again as of yesterday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego