Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 05:43 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,038,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboy1225 View Post
You can read the papers all you want but I know what I know and I see what I see. Reality is.... So do you ever expect US to be near the bottom? I expect US to be on top.I know so many qualified workers who have sh!tty jobs because they refuse to stay on unemployment get on welfare or otherwise. Companies hiring young dumb focks straight outta college over qualified individuals because they can pay less thus lowering work standards and the output quality. I am quality over quantity person. I don't care what age you are or who you know. Quality of everything has gone down and hasn't stopped.
Thank goodness we have people with anecdotal evidence to save us from all those pesky facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 05:55 PM

257 posts, read 492,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Thank goodness we have people with anecdotal evidence to save us from all those pesky facts.
Rolls eyes...jerkoff smiley. Pesky is right. If Washington newspapers aren't facts, I dunno what is. I personally abide by TMZ and AVN myself.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:58 PM

2,145 posts, read 5,075,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Stock View Post
Everyone in the US can expect much higher costs on fuel as the dollar continues to lose value due to excessive money printing. If your country has a strong currency then the price of commodities such as oil/metals/food will rise and fall based on the global demand and the value of the currency where you live.

Price of refining and taxes must also be taken into consideration when one looks at the cost of fuel in a given area. Environmental concerns, regulations Fed/State, cost of doing business etc.

In a nutshell when the Fed prints money the hidden cost is to your 401k and the cost of goods. Hope that helps.
Also, the US has subsidized industry for nearly everything-with manipulation of prices to inflate/deflate or create the desired perception-ie, lower gas prices around the winter holidays which encourages people [supposedly] to spend more on gifts/etc and thus the consumer spending for that quarter goes up and everyone is told 'hooray, we're heading into the new year with a stronger economy', as though consumer spending is an automatic correlation there, rather than just a possible reason/indicator. [Even though many people will still put gifts and travel on their credit cards and do not have the cash for it, etc.]

By now, most are familiar with the excess USD printing. It's not, however, the only or necessarily the main reason for cost of commodities. The manipulation of given markets/industry pricing is a huge influence. Also, it's ridiculous when there's a 'refinery fire' in the bay area, for example, and that is the given reason for a price increase in SD-when the gas doesn't necessarily even come from that location! 'They' =regulators, corporations, middle men, etc-regularly use pseudo factors to determine that a 'supply issue' is at hand. And that a 'supply issue' means there is a shortage and therefore a shortage means that a temporary price increase is 'required'. I'm not sure what their 'cap on profits' is-lol. Surely a slow down in production doesn't 'need' to be passed onto the consumer. They will still make billions. Yet the news will still report a 'loss' of profit for these large conglomerates, as though somehow that is indicative of a 'problem'. It's not. It's a scam is what it is....

Anyway, the dollar hasn't been tied to the value of gold for a long time. We're in a new era, cowboys....

Old 03-16-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrmsd View Post
Also, the US has subsidized industry for nearly everything-with manipulation of prices to inflate/deflate or create the desired perception-ie, lower gas prices around the winter holidays which encourages people [supposedly] to spend more on gifts/etc and thus the consumer spending for that quarter goes up and everyone is told 'hooray, we're heading into the new year with a stronger economy', as though consumer spending is an automatic correlation there, rather than just a possible reason/indicator. [Even though many people will still put gifts and travel on their credit cards and do not have the cash for it, etc.]

By now, most are familiar with the excess USD printing. It's not, however, the only or necessarily the main reason for cost of commodities. The manipulation of given markets/industry pricing is a huge influence. Also, it's ridiculous when there's a 'refinery fire' in the bay area, for example, and that is the given reason for a price increase in SD-when the gas doesn't necessarily even come from that location! 'They' =regulators, corporations, middle men, etc-regularly use pseudo factors to determine that a 'supply issue' is at hand. And that a 'supply issue' means there is a shortage and therefore a shortage means that a temporary price increase is 'required'. I'm not sure what their 'cap on profits' is-lol. Surely a slow down in production doesn't 'need' to be passed onto the consumer. They will still make billions. Yet the news will still report a 'loss' of profit for these large conglomerates, as though somehow that is indicative of a 'problem'. It's not. It's a scam is what it is....

Anyway, the dollar hasn't been tied to the value of gold for a long time. We're in a new era, cowboys....
You are absolutely right, I think we should continue to feed the welfare system, give handouts, let them abort babies and let the elderly suffer, they gonna die anyways.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:03 PM

I know, b/c it's not possibly to have 'reserve' supply stored, right? LOL. That quote from the article re: refinery repair-ridiculous the reasons we are given, IMO. Perhaps others think that is a fair and reasonable business practice. I think all of the constant melodramatic news reports on fuel prices are a joke. Giving us pretend serious answers, as though we are somehow 'in the loop'. I don't even pay attention to gas prices when I get them. My spouse does and constantly researches the topic b/c he finds the underbelly of the whole industry fascinating.

I always say 'meh, I'm going to buy gas anyway-I might save 20 cents a gallon IF I happen to be in a different area of town (or more if out of state which is great, but then I've already spent money traveling for vacation anyway, so?????). So, I feel it's a mandatory cost in life, if I have a vehicle and drive it, that I have no control over. SO why get worked up about the pricing? I just don't believe any of the 'business practice answers' that are given as to why the cost rises and lowers so regularly.

I mean, this is kind of a seemingly silly example, but everytime I get gas, I think 'Why don't they create pumps that don't drip and leak every da*n time, if we have 'such a shortage' and there is so much concern for the environment and cleaner burning fuels? It's obviously not *that* much of a shortage/concern, if in 2014 nobody has invested in creating or installing more efficient pumps. I've yet to find one that works well in this regard, at any fuel station I've been to.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
I know, b/c it's not possibly to have 'reserve' supply stored, right? LOL. That quote from the article re: refinery repair-ridiculous the reasons we are given, IMO.

I mean, this is kind of a seemingly silly example, but everytime I get gas, I think 'Why don't they create pumps that don't drip and leak every da*n time, if we have 'such a shortage' and there is so much concern for the environment and cleaner burning fuels? It's obviously not *that* much of a shortage/concern, if in 2014 nobody has invested in creating or installing more efficient pumps. I've yet to find one that works well in this regard, at any fuel station I've been to.
It doesn't matter. It's all money n business. I do not ever expect utilities and gas prices to drop, ever.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
I know, b/c it's not possibly to have 'reserve' supply stored, right? LOL. That quote from the article re: refinery repair-ridiculous the reasons we are given, IMO.

Oh but wait! All these hybrid electric Obama cars are going to save energy n resources n we got rid of fluorescent bulbs that make the prices drop just like al gore said earth is going to burn even though we had one of coldest winter ever. I just talked to Leonardo dicaprio who talked to ari Emanuel who talked to Obama, who told me this.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboy1225 View Post
You are absolutely right, I think we should continue to feed the welfare system, give handouts, let them abort babies and let the elderly suffer, they gonna die anyways.
What???? I just meant that expecting the dollar to be priced to gold isn't likely to happen again anytime soon.
I did not say I agree with that or not. Just that I don't think the excess money printing and not tying it to gold is the main issue with cost of commodities. Not sure what your reply means. Guess I am not smart enough to understanding your level of sarcasm????

I try to avoid your comments davey boy-you seem to enjoy stirring the pot-good for you. Enjoy!

Old 03-16-2014, 06:40 PM

63 posts, read 57,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
You, sir, have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You right wing nutjobs have been babbling this nonsense for five years now and each year you've been completely wrong. When will you dullards give up the ghost and stop making wrong predictions?

Fact: The increase in the total money supply has been, in net terms, 1.83%. That's over a five year period, genius. No, you're not going to get big inflation numbers out of that which is why inflation is so low. Also, if you had half a brain, you'd notice gas prices are on the way up world wide and not just in the US so, once again, no, this is not US inflation related. Lastly, the main reason California's gas prices are higher than the rest of the country is because California is effectively a gas island due to the retarded fuel formulation requirements which are different from the other 49 states so you get little to no gas from out of state imported. BTW it was the three big oil refineries in the state which pushed for this law (bribing the state legislature with "campaign contributions") because they wanted a captive market without outside competition. It gets worse because just three companies control ~90% of the gas market in this state because we didn't enforce anti-trust laws and let the big guys buy up all of their competition. We now have a triopoly with very little market based competition.
Like you know anything about the M2 money supply and world oil

Please explain how a falling dollar is going to make gas cost less? Oil is a global commodity and subject to world price increases or decreases. Lets not forget war.

Quote:
California is effectively a gas island due to the retarded fuel formulation requirements
I thought I said that^^^^^

Sounds like your really ticked off about something, would that be truth over lies?

My answers are here, pay special attention to the cartoon it tells the tale quite nice.

Does a Weak Dollar Cause Inflation? - The Merk Funds

And no one can see the gas prices going up!

Old 03-16-2014, 06:53 PM

63 posts, read 57,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfosyd View Post
I don't understand folks blaming the current administration. The US, by far, has the best economy in the developed world and the dollar is on a tear aganist other currencies.

The dollar is soaring. Here’s what that should tell us about the economy.
You really need to take a more in depth look at the dollar.

Edit:
The Dow Jones FXCM Dollar Index (ticker: USDOLLAR) fell for 10 consecutive trading days and finished at multi-month lows on a wave of mediocre US economic data and a sharp rally in global equity markets. Can it continue to fall in the week ahead?

Take a look at a long term usd chart. Its terrible but that's how the gov steals from the people. Print money.

http://www.dailyfx.com/forex/fundame...ld_Change.html

Last edited by James Stock; 03-16-2014 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: Wrong chart...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego