Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 11:48 PM

14 posts, read 113,573 times

Advertisements

there are kids in gangs at my school, which is in the utc area.

Old 12-18-2006, 03:57 PM

4 posts, read 35,955 times
Default L.A. gang in S.D.

I moved to poway about a year ago from San Marcos, an area known to have gang problems, and have found that there was a huge difference. There are those who claim to belong to the "VHH Gang" in Poway but I wouldn't worry about it. They are the equivalent of a gang in Beverly Hills. These people are obviously trying to make Poway something it's not. Anyway, yes there are alot of people who do drugs here but what seems interesting is that they are not nearly as mellow as you would think they would be. Another thing that seems interesting to me is that gangs from the Los Angeles Area are spreading to San Diego's north county. When I lived in San Marcos I had several confrontations with the "South Los Gang" and have had to change my walking route on more than one occasion. South Los is short for "South Los Angeles". Another gang tied to South Los is "Tiny Locos" who are known to have connections with the Florencia gang in L.A. But Poway is a really nice place to live and is free of gang influence.

Old 12-18-2006, 06:34 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,480,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliGT View Post
Another thing that seems interesting to me is that gangs from the Los Angeles Area are spreading to San Diego's north county.
If you want an idea of what exact areas have problems, check out these maps for gang *****ctions on the DA's web site:
http://www.sdcda.org/protecting/gang.php (broken link)

Old 12-19-2006, 08:48 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,433,414 times
"there are kids in gangs at my school, which is in the utc area."

Ok, now I've heard it all. Kids in Volvos wearing Charger hats on sideways rolling seniors in the Macy's parking lot for their movie tickets.

Lock your doors people.....the OC isn't on tonight due to the Charlie Brown Christmas Special....the gangs are out in force.....trolling the food court at UTC.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 26,431 times
You could always consider the Fallbrook area (as a 'Family Friendly' area.) It's far enough removed from the urban (you 'gotta be joking) areas of San Diego County. The area does have a reputation however. Does "White Power" ring a bell???

Old 01-07-2007, 04:54 AM

4 posts, read 52,288 times
Places in SD county where you would not want to move with your family (ie gang infested areas):
1. southeast san diego (sherman heights, grant hill, stockton, logan heights, barrio logan, memorial, southcrest, shelltown,moutain view, mount hope, lincoln park, chollas view, emerald hills, south encanto, skyline, bay terraces, lomita)
4. east san diego-south of El Cajon Blvd in the numbered streets from the mid 30's to the low 60's (34th street to 66th street).
3. most parts of National city, except for the more southernly parts (excluding the Lincoln Acres area)
4. chula vista-the extreme west side (west of fifth avenue), and the castle park and otay districts of chula vista (area south and west of hilltop and naples)
5. south san diego (egger highlands, nestor, palm city, otay mesa, san ysidro)
6. the linda vista area by Ulric/ Comstock streets.

Family friendly areas:
1. san diego-south park, mission hills, san carlos, navajo, la jolla, point loma, western and southern part of north park, bankers hill, college area north of El Cajon Bvld, most areas of clairmont,
2.chula vista-eastlake, otay ranch, rolling hills ranch, san miguel districts, and the western part of the city that is north of L street and west of third avenue
3. Bonita and Sunnyside areas of the county
4.poway, rancho bernardo, rancho penasquitos, del mar, solana beach, most
of encinitas and carlsbad

-i'm not too familiar with the northern and eastern parts of the county

Old 01-08-2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitoloco View Post
4. east san diego-south of El Cajon Blvd in the numbered streets from the mid 30's to the low 60's (34th street to 66th street).
I hate to pick nits but past about 54th street north of university is not 'gang-infested'. There are some south of university... in Rolando Park and College Grove, but not really in El Cerrito and Rolando. West of 54th though... bad news. Worst problem we have are the little tagger crews on El Cajon and University ave.

Old 01-08-2007, 04:13 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,468,049 times
[quote=pitoloco;255943]Places in SD county where you would not want to move with your family (ie gang infested areas):
1. southeast san diego (sherman heights, grant hill, stockton, logan heights, barrio logan, memorial, southcrest, shelltown,moutain view, mount hope, lincoln park, chollas view, emerald hills, south encanto, skyline, bay terraces, lomita)
3. most parts of National city, except for the more southernly parts (excluding the Lincoln Acres area)
4. chula vista-the extreme west side (west of fifth avenue), and the castle park and otay districts of chula vista (area south and west of hilltop and naples)
5. south san diego (egger highlands, nestor, palm city, otay mesa, san ysidro)
6. the linda vista area by Ulric/ Comstock streets.

Just to reinforce, most of these areas are located South of San Diego City.

Old 01-08-2007, 04:18 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,468,049 times
Hey Sassberto, what city is Rolando Village in?

Old 01-08-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Hey Sassberto, what city is Rolando Village in?
San Diego 92115 holmes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego