Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 11:26 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times

Advertisements

How nice that I finally had to wear a sweater and use blankets the past few nights!

Can't remember the last time I had to wear one to keep warm at night!

Some people dislike winter and experience some sort of depression from winter months.

Not I.

I actually love the colder winter months instead of the miserable hot and humid summers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 12:09 AM

8,392 posts, read 7,652,458 times
I love this time of year too. It's never too cold to get outside and do stuff, but that nip in the air between November and February, especially at night, is glorious. The "winter" months in San Diego are my favorite time of the year.

Old 11-04-2017, 01:13 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,772,094 times
Finally!!!

I’m loving this weather too. It’s my fav time of year as well. Been sick n tired of these minor heat waves and warm weather recently when it’s supposed to be cold.

It feels good to also put on a sweater or jacket, it’s comforting.

Now bring on the rain!

Old 11-04-2017, 08:32 AM

919 posts, read 790,279 times
yes, I'll add a me too to that. I work outdoors and it is so nice in the winter here.
Dave

Old 11-04-2017, 01:00 PM

782 posts, read 760,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
How nice that I finally had to wear a sweater and use blankets the past few nights!

Can't remember the last time I had to wear one to keep warm at night!

Some people dislike winter and experience some sort of depression from winter months.

Not I.

I actually love the colder winter months instead of the miserable hot and humid summers.
You actually think it's miserable hot and humid here? lol! Not the first time I heard that from many SD natives, makes me laugh because having lived in the Northeast and Southeast prior to moving here, the weather here is mild year round, the only thing I notice is the dewpoint drop which is not something i prefer when it goes too low.

If you like Winter, you should relocate the the Northeast and get a taste of gray skies for months on end, cold drafty air with dryness akin to the desert. Wind chills in teens to sub zero levels. Getting up at 6AM to shovel snow off of your car and deice/defrost, allowing it to warm-up for 15 minutes with the heater on high, only to still wear layers, hat and gloves and boots when you get in and drive to work seeing trucks and cars driving too fast and jack knifing.

Leave work, it's already dark and see that it's snowing, rinse, wash and repeat, then having to contend with the commute home.

No thanks, been there done that already. Sure nice to look at but to live in, takes a toll. Seasons here are a cake walk in comparison, even when people say "Humid" they have no idea what Humid feels like in the Northeast during the Summer or the South.

Old 11-04-2017, 01:21 PM

919 posts, read 790,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aewan68 View Post
Getting up at 6AM to shovel snow off of your car and deice/defrost, allowing it to warm-up for 15 minutes with the heater on high, only to still wear layers, hat and gloves and boots when you get in and drive to work seeing trucks and cars driving too fast and jack knifing.
yes right you are, and don't forget when it does thaw out in the Spring you've got mud everywhere. I work in masony construction and moved here in Dec of 2001 - I thought I died and went to heaven

Old 11-04-2017, 01:30 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,100 times
Quote:
You actually think it's miserable hot and humid here? lol! Not the first time I heard that from many SD natives, makes me laugh because having lived in the Northeast and Southeast prior to moving here, the weather here is mild year round, the only thing I notice is the dewpoint drop which is not something i prefer when it goes too low.

If you like Winter, you should relocate the the Northeast and get a taste of gray skies for months on end, cold drafty air with dryness akin to the desert. Wind chills in teens to sub zero levels. Getting up at 6AM to shovel snow off of your car and deice/defrost, allowing it to warm-up for 15 minutes with the heater on high, only to still wear layers, hat and gloves and boots when you get in and drive to work seeing trucks and cars driving too fast and jack knifing.

Leave work, it's already dark and see that it's snowing, rinse, wash and repeat, then having to contend with the commute home.

No thanks, been there done that already. Sure nice to look at but to live in, takes a toll. Seasons here are a cake walk in comparison, even when people say "Humid" they have no idea what Humid feels like in the Northeast during the Summer or the South.
True on the whole, but it sucks having 100 degree temperatures in late October. When I watch college football games across the country, I miss my Northeast stomping grounds the most from late September through October.

Personally I had no problem with Northeast winters and I miss the thrill of snowstorms. I left for San Diego to get away from the Northeast summers.

Old 11-04-2017, 04:16 PM

4,542 posts, read 12,409,026 times
Put me on the list of "Me Too!"

I hate San Diego summers and this year, the bad summer weather was 5 months long, June through the end of October. You can bundle up to deal with cold, but with heat, at a certain point, only A/C will do, and that's expensive nowadays.

Weather Wimps Unite!

Old 11-05-2017, 12:31 PM

6,508 posts, read 7,543,265 times
Cool cloudy days means I can go out and clean up the property comfortably.

Quote:
Spending three weeks a year in August in South/Central Texas every summer then coming back to SD always feels good. Even if it's 95F at 3PM in East County, the heat without humidity/high dew points here in SD doesn't feel bad at all.

I hate high humidity so much.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:45 AM

771 posts, read 836,334 times
I love seeing some folks in SD wearing heavy puffer-style down jackets and thick wool hats Nov-Mar ... mid-day on a sunny day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego