Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think housing prices will do over the next year or so?
Continue to go up dramatically 14 14.43%
Continue to rise, but at a slower pace 42 43.30%
Level off 15 15.46%
Decline a little 15 15.46%
2008 all over again! 11 11.34%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 09:48 AM

28 posts, read 43,850 times

Advertisements

It has always been the case that lower price points are more competitive than higher price points. I am just surprised that 800k is the bar, especially for ocean front property. In Carmel Valley, it seems like houses that are a million are either small or right next to the freeway.

Housing is definitely softening a bit though. Houses are sitting on the market for much longer. I think agents are pricing homes in anticipation of future gains and setting expectations with the sellers too high. April seems to have been the peak this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2018, 12:25 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
Interesting read:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/24/sout...he-nation.html

Old 08-16-2018, 02:12 PM

66 posts, read 71,726 times
Quote:
And of course all real estate is local, so certain markets are tipping faster than others. In San Diego, 20 percent of all listings had a price cut in June, up from 12 percent a year ago. In Seattle, which continues to be the hottest market in the nation, 12 percent of all listings had a cut, the largest share in nearly four years.
, from https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/16/hous...ut-prices.html

Old 08-16-2018, 02:20 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
The desirable areas of San Diego City are still climbing and expecting nearly a 4% increase by 2019.

https://www.zillow.com/san-diego-ca/home-values/

Old 08-16-2018, 02:45 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The desirable areas of San Diego City are still climbing and expecting nearly a 4% increase by 2019.

https://www.zillow.com/san-diego-ca/home-values/
It is not unexpected to see some leveling and a 5% or so reduction and then ... they will, start up again.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:13 PM

1,996 posts, read 4,770,445 times
This is just a bump in the road, it doesn’t seem far off that we could possibly see a median price of a million dollars for houses in SD within 5 years.

You would think more people would move out of SD by the masses, but it doesn’t seem that way with all the damn people every freakin where!!

The traffic and crowds has gotten much worse just this year. I really don’t get it, and how so many people are still able to afford things like going out to party or eat especially after paying all their bills unless they make bank.

At the same time I see more and more brand new luxury cars being driven everywhere I go on the daily.

It used to be, you would see new very expensive BMW 5 or 7 Series cars only in wealthy enclaves like La Jolla, Del Mar, Coronado, and other nice parts of town, now it’s normal to see people owning these cars in areas like Lemon Grove and Spring Valley.

More people with money or have the financial ability and good credit that are able to afford those expensive luxury cars are moving in it seems.

As long as the sun keeps shining and no major earthquakes occur in the near future, SoCal will never be affordable ever again to the majority of people, but only to the few.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:53 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
This is just a bump in the road, it doesn’t seem far off that we could possibly see a median price of a million dollars for houses in SD within 5 years.

You would think more people would move out of SD by the masses, but it doesn’t seem that way with all the damn people every freakin where!!

The traffic and crowds has gotten much worse just this year. I really don’t get it, and how so many people are still able to afford things like going out to party or eat especially after paying all their bills unless they make bank.

At the same time I see more and more brand new luxury cars being driven everywhere I go on the daily.

It used to be, you would see new very expensive BMW 5 or 7 Series cars only in wealthy enclaves like La Jolla, Del Mar, Coronado, and other nice parts of town, now it’s normal to see people owning these cars in areas like Lemon Grove and Spring Valley.

More people with money or have the financial ability and good credit that are able to afford those expensive luxury cars are moving in it seems.

As long as the sun keeps shining and no major earthquakes occur in the near future, SoCal will never be affordable ever again to the majority of people, but only to the few.
With the low number of houses on the market, the people who are crowding the area have been in SD for years and can afford it based on that period of time when housing cost was lower. They pay less now. New people pay more and they must have more to do so. This is why the population growth is Birth rate and then foreign immigration. More citizens leave CA than move in from other States.

Many of the BMW's etc are leased not bought outright. I would never buy one, junk.

Old 08-19-2018, 04:19 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,329,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
With the low number of houses on the market, the people who are crowding the area have been in SD for years and can afford it based on that period of time when housing cost was lower. They pay less now. New people pay more and they must have more to do so. This is why the population growth is Birth rate and then foreign immigration. More citizens leave CA than move in from other States.

Many of the BMW's etc are leased not bought outright. I would never buy one, junk.
And what do you drive, let me guess a ford?

Old 08-19-2018, 05:24 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

I wouldn't say junk. It reminds me of the German tanks of WWII. They were completely overbuilt and very, very expensive to make and keep running. Bottom line for most people is they are wasting money on a car that needs constant, expensive up keep vs other vehicles. They ride great, look great and if you don't mind tossing money at them are good cars. For me it was just a lesson on throwing money into the toilet.

There are very many vehicles made here that are just as good without the price tag. BMW doesn't sell a 1 ton truck capable of towing 15 thousand lbs that can do 90 mph and get 20 mpg. Ford, Chevy and Dodge do. If BMW makes it, it will be 200 grand. Like their RVs.

Old 08-19-2018, 05:39 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,329,241 times
We are on our 2nd BMW and yes can be expensive. I leased a 2008 550i for 3 years and loved every minute I was in that car. It was perfect in The 3 years I had it. The only reason I didn't get another at the time was I really needed a truck at the time.

Our new BMW (we've had 1 month) is a 2018 X3 M40i. It replaced an older SUV that we had for 11 years and were ready to replace and downsize. It is awesome in every way and was not expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego