Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2020, 11:14 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,460,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The list certainly pales in comparison to the list of people Trump has pardoned.

Andrew Dale Ellifson
Offense: Conspiracy; fraud in connection with electronic mail-CAN-SPAM (District of Arizona)
Sentence:One year of probation; $1,000 fine (October 9, 2007)
I get some can’t see across party lines, but out of the thousands to chose from this is your example for an Obama clemency? Sheesh? There’s plenty much, much worse.

I’m with 1ATP, and they’re all the same. Some are worse than others, and some are just better at covering their tracks? How grown adults can’t see this is beyond me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2020, 11:20 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,281,604 times
Quote:
The list certainly pales in comparison to the list of people Trump has pardoned.

Andrew Dale Ellifson
Offense: Conspiracy; fraud in connection with electronic mail-CAN-SPAM (District of Arizona)
Sentence:One year of probation; $1,000 fine (October 9, 2007)
Looked like Obama had a thing for cocaine offenses. I saw a number of those on his list.

And yes. All the same. After watching the new San Diego mayor and city council double their salaries recently, I think politicians are a bunch of parasites.

Old 12-23-2020, 01:15 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,455,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I think I’m more mad that, the 50th district elected another shady person over a pretty good Kid. I Truly think that the kid only wanted to do good for the district and not go to Washington to collect a check.

Back when the Cunningham scandal came to a head, someone in office commented that the only thing which set him apart from the other 400 plus members was that he actually got caught. Maybe I'm really jaded, but I don't believe anyone gets into national politics just to do right by those they represent. Issa rubs me the wrong way but his opponent was just a not-Issa contender.

Old 12-23-2020, 02:06 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,940,353 times
[quote=TacoSoup;59975957

I’m with 1ATP, and they’re all the same. Some are worse than others, and some are just better at covering their tracks? How grown adults can’t see this is beyond me?[/QUOTE]

No. trump is far the most treacherous corrupt criminal unpatriotic anti-democracy uncaring dumb-dumb rascist irresponsible lazy
Nice normalizing, buds.

Old 12-23-2020, 02:28 PM

26,739 posts, read 26,834,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
trump is far the most treacherous corrupt criminal unpatriotic anti-democracy uncaring dumb-dumb rascist irresponsible lazy
Nice normalizing, buds.
Agreed. Can't rep you again.

Old 12-23-2020, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSD88 View Post
Amazed people can’t see across party lines. Obama I believe had almost 2,000 pardons.
Party lines? We're talking about ethics, morals, character.

WASHINGTON — President Trump continued his string of pardons Wednesday night, wiping felonies from the records of Paul Manafort and Roger Stone, two political advisors who were convicted in the Russia investigation.

Manafort and Stone had resisted cooperating with prosecutors. Manafort was convicted of bank fraud and tax evasion, and he also pleaded guilty to illegally lobbying for Ukraine. He’s been serving a prison sentence of more than seven years...

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...d-kushners-dad

Old 12-23-2020, 06:58 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,281,604 times
Quote:
Party lines? We're talking about ethics, morals, character.

WASHINGTON — President Trump continued his string of pardons Wednesday night, wiping felonies from the records of Paul Manafort and Roger Stone, two political advisors who were convicted in the Russia investigation.

Manafort and Stone had resisted cooperating with prosecutors. Manafort was convicted of bank fraud and tax evasion, and he also pleaded guilty to illegally lobbying for Ukraine. He’s been serving a prison sentence of more than seven years...

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...d-kushners-dad
When it comes to pardons, Obama is cut from the same cloth as Trump. Drug offenders and even a terrorist got a pardon from Obama.

Nice try trying to paint Trump as worse. They’re all bad. Try putting your partisanship aside for once, if that’s possible.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...k-obama-214685

Old 12-23-2020, 07:09 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,940,353 times
too add, trump is far the most anti-law-n-order, anti-military, anti-law-enforcement-police, pro-pride-boys

Old 12-23-2020, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Interesting that Trump did not pardon Hunter's estranged wife.
It looks as if he did today. Could we expect less from this narcissistic and unethical person?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...er/ar-BB1cbT3R

Old 12-23-2020, 07:38 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,556,387 times
Quote:
True. Interesting that Trump did not pardon Hunter's estranged wife.

Trump continues to use pardons to reward allies, settle scores:
https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...-settle-scores
Ahh He just did. I think daddy Duncan Sr. Made a phone call.
https://fox5sandiego.com/news/local-...duncan-hunter/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Nobody in Obamas cabinet that got busted by the Feds on Obama's Pardon list.
I didnt like a couple of pardons from Obama either but again, they were his choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
I get some can’t see across party lines, but out of the thousands to chose from this is your example for an Obama clemency? Sheesh? There’s plenty much, much worse.

I’m with 1ATP, and they’re all the same. Some are worse than others, and some are just better at covering their tracks? How grown adults can’t see this is beyond me?
I can definitely see both sides. Obama pardoned a bunch people doing Crazy time in prison for Drug Convictions, you know, poor people. No one should get 5 Years in Jail minimum for what equates to $100 worth of Crack Rock Cocaine. Obama was Actually attempting to fix Biden and their mess with the 95 crime bill.
Trump, This dude is just pardoning Crooks, most of who he appointed to cabinet positions in some cases.
Again "it is Trump Right as President" I just don't agree with some of the people he's pardoning. They all seem like Rich entitled People.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Back when the Cunningham scandal came to a head, someone in office commented that the only thing which set him apart from the other 400 plus members was that he actually got caught. Maybe I'm really jaded, but I don't believe anyone gets into national politics just to do right by those they represent. Issa rubs me the wrong way but his opponent was just a not-Issa contender.
Yep identity politics runs some people lives these days. Voting for for my best interest no longer applies.

Quote:
I’m with you and ATP. Amazed people can’t see across party lines. Obama I believe had almost 2,000 pardons. One was a convicted FALN member responsible for bombings. Clinton had a huge controversy on his last day in case no one remembers. They’re all bad, but Obama has the most whether some were warranted or not. Just don’t see how an honest adult can’t admit this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_C...on_controversy
Oh I can see across party lines very clear, and Some of Clinton's were very questionable, but pardoning Politicians you appointed and politicians you seemed loyal to you doesn't look good, and should not sit well with any Good American.
Old Man, Vietnam Vet and Republican to be exact ask us this question in the office the other day:
Are you a Republican, Democrat Trumpster American?
I added the Trumpsters part but I got what the old man was saying.

Quote:
Yep, all one has to do is look at the latest bill sent to Trump yesterday. They all should be voted out. I can’t believe I actually agree with AOC on this one.
I'd Hi-5 if I could, agree.
Word on the street is The Republicans wanted $600 but the Dems wanted $1200 like last time.
Don't know how true that is but if it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego