Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 10:09 AM

50,254 posts, read 47,011,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
None. Am I right?
at least one

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/Ser...492122181.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 10:47 AM

21,728 posts, read 16,334,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Well, there you go ... everybody take to their bicycles

Wait, someone, somewhere, is going to bludgeon someone else to death with a bike ... or at least rip off the little dinger-bell and bean a passerby ...

Old 09-16-2018, 11:43 AM

673 posts, read 465,686 times
"Quick! How many people in San Diego have been killed by someone intentionally driving into them so far this year? 6? 17? 38? 105? Or none"?

Did I write San Diego????..........No, I didn't. This type of murder happens all over the world. Do a little homework.
France, U.K, Germany, Canada........just to name a few where trucks, cars and vans are used to kill people.

And, if by some odd reasoning you don't think this happens........... Oblivious comes to mind.

Old 09-16-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
"Quick! How many people in San Diego have been killed by someone intentionally driving into them so far this year? 6? 17? 38? 105? Or none"?

Did I write San Diego????..........No, I didn't. This type of murder happens all over the world. Do a little homework.
France, U.K, Germany, Canada........just to name a few where trucks, cars and vans are used to kill people.

And, if by some odd reasoning you don't think this happens........... Oblivious comes to mind.
And yet, you continue to ignore the difference between cars and guns ... speaking of “oblivious”. Lol.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:03 PM

914 posts, read 642,407 times
for those anti-gun folks, stay tuned. When pro-criminal, pro-open-borders Gavin gets into office, they'll be the only ones with guns all while we pay to school them and provide medical insurance. The only one without rights or preference will be the taxpaying law-abiding citizen. In other words, Jerry Brown to the nth power. For everyone else, it's a free ride. Even from the statements here it seems Gavin has already won. We should all be afraid of that both physically and fiscally.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:24 PM

This is why it is important to vote for the local boy, John Cox for Governor.

Newsom is a leftist clown.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
for those anti-gun folks, stay tuned. When pro-criminal, pro-open-borders Gavin gets into office, they'll be the only ones with guns all while we pay to school them and provide medical insurance. The only one without rights or preference will be the taxpaying law-abiding citizen. In other words, Jerry Brown to the nth power. For everyone else, it's a free ride. Even from the statements here it seems Gavin has already won. We should all be afraid of that both physically and fiscally.
And more humorously hyperbolic mythology. I am a gun owner. I do not like Gavin (but despise Cox more). And I call BS on this nonsense.

“Rights” will not be conferred on illegals while taken away from citizens.

Nor is anyone, anywhere, “pro-criminal” ... or “open-borders”. You not liking the laws we have does not equate to “pro-criminal”, “pro-open-borders”.

And, by the way, illegals pay a TON of taxes, including sales taxes, income taxes, gas taxes ... and property taxes vis a vis rents. They also pay a TON into the nation’s Social Security system that they never get to draw - so that money goes to you and I. You can look this stuff up. Billions upon billions of dollars into our national coffers.

No, I’m not “pro-illegals” either.

I’m just seriously “anti-BS”.

You want to defend gun ownership and border controls?
Get educated on the topic and deal with the realties. Otherwise, as I said early in this thread, you just invite ridicule on your lack of informed intellect.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
This is why it is important to vote for the local boy, John Cox for Governor.

Newsom is a leftist clown.
Absolutely agreed.

And Cox is an ignorant, clueless, ultra-right-wing-nut-job idiot zealot.

Meanwhile, back to the gun show?

Old 09-16-2018, 02:45 PM

Ahhhh..........if someone is illegal and they are paying income taxes and social security taxes then wouldn't they need a Social Security number?.............and if they are illegal and have a Social Security number then doesn't the mean the number is stolen or fake?

By the way, John Cox is a very successful business person.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Ahhhh..........if someone is illegal and they are paying income taxes and social security taxes then wouldn't they need a Social Security number?.............and if they are illegal and have a Social Security number then doesn't the mean the number is stolen or fake?

By the way, John Cox is a very successful business person.
https://bipartisanpolicy.org/blog/ho...-an-explainer/

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/13/172290...ants-pay-taxes

Quote:
Collectively, undocumented immigrants in the United States pay an estimated total of $11.74 billion in state and local taxes a year (see Table 1 for state-by-state estimates). This includes more than $7 billion in sales and excise taxes, $3.6 billion in property taxes, and $1.1 billion in personal income taxes.
Quote:
Another way to measure the state and local taxes that undocumented immigrants pay is through their effective tax rate, which is the share of total income paid in taxes… Undocumented immigrants' nationwide average effective tax rate is an estimated 8 percent. To put this in perspective, the top 1 percent of taxpayers pay an average nationwide effective tax rate of just 5.4 percent."
Quote:
While unauthorized immigrants worked and contributed as much as $13 billion in payroll taxes to the OASDI program [the Social Security trust funds] in 2010, only about $1 billion in benefit payments during 2010 are attributable to unauthorized work. Thus, we estimate that earnings by unauthorized immigrants result in a net positive effect on Social Security financial status generally, and that this effect contributed roughly $12 billion to the cash flow of the program for 2010. We estimate that future years will experience a continuation of this positive impact on the trust funds."

Apr. 2013 - Office of the Chief Actuary of the Social Security Administration (SSA)
I can go on ... but so could you look stuff up for yourself ...

As for Cox being a successful businessman ... so was now POTUS DJ Chump ... another moron. It doesn’t take brains. Obviously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego