Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2008, 07:25 PM

323 posts, read 1,425,638 times

Advertisements

I am planning to come to SD in the near future, and have shortlisted these places to visit

1. Seaworld: Is one day sufficient to cover the Sea-World?

2. SD Zoo: I think it is in Balboa Park, right? Would half a day be enough to cover the zoo?

3. Seaport Village Waterfront: planning to spend a couple of hours at the waterfront; Not really into shopping.

4. San Diego Railroad museum: Is this in Balboa park or somewhere else? I searched on the museum and found one in Campo (Pacific Southwest Railway Museum). But I think the one in Balboa Park is the more famous one, right?

How much is the entry and parking for Balboa Park?

5. What about Legoland? Is it worth a visit for adults?

6. What about Quail Botonical Garden in Encinatas? And La Jolla?

Is there anything else I should see? I have 3 days to cover everything, so If I add something, I may have to knock off something from here ...please let me know what is not worth visiting

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 07:31 PM

490 posts, read 1,555,509 times
Seaworld for a day, Zoo for most of a day (it's big), and yes the railroad museum is downstairs in one of the park buildings I would go visit the botanical building while in the park as well ( not open Thurs.) Legoland is for kids. . Enjoy

Old 05-04-2008, 07:39 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,983,180 times
2. SD Zoo: I think it is in Balboa Park, right? Would half a day be enough to cover the zoo?

A half-day is fine. Wear comfortable shoes. Lots of steep hills within zoo. But definitely worth the visit! The zoo also has double-decker tour buses if you'd like to ride past the exhibits rather than walk. There is a $10 charge for adults to ride the bus. Also remember to stop at a visitors center when you arrive to get discount coupons for many of the attractions in San Diego, including the zoo.

4. San Diego Railroad museum: Is this in Balboa park or somewhere else?

It's in Balboa Park. At least the one I know of. It's within walking distance from the zoo entrance, which is also in Balboa Park. There are several other museums near it as well including a few Art museums, Museum of Natural History, etc.

How much is the entry and parking for Balboa Park?
Free.

Is there anything else I should see?
La Jolla Cove. It's the most beautiful beach in San Diego.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:29 PM

323 posts, read 1,425,638 times
thanks a lot for all the responses. looking forward to see your beautiful city

Old 05-05-2008, 12:27 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevcy View Post
thanks a lot for all the responses. looking forward to see your beautiful city
Let us know how it goes, I think your going to have a great time.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:55 PM

334 posts, read 827,807 times
You could spend a day in Mexico -- if you haven't been, it will seem like a Disneyland to you. Lots of shopping, restaurants, bars, beaches (Rosarito). It's different, and Tijuana is the MOST visited city in the world!

Old 05-27-2008, 12:43 AM

7 posts, read 14,994 times
Smile Affordable Vacation in San Diego

Among all the places that I have visited till now, San Diego in California is the one which is very close to my heart. Why? It is the very place where I met my wife, Maggie for the first time when she was sun bathing under the relentless sunshine at the Coronado Beach. It was love at first sight and from there our love story began.

And now it has been a year since we got married. For our first anniversary, we wanted to do something special. So we decided to visit San Diego to revive old memories. .

San Diego has something magical about it. Nothing much has changed in the last two years. With its long sandy beaches, superb coastline and near-perfect climate, San Diego looked more attractive. Visits to the beautiful monuments, museums, zoos, animal parks and beaches have added more happy pages to our life.

We have found a affordable accommodation in San Diego with world-class services. It helped us to commute easily to all the memorable places that both of us knew.

For more information visit:
Affordable San Diego motels offering unmatched vacation rentals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego