Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 03:48 PM

3,098 posts, read 1,759,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
^ THIS.

Running a business is hard and during times of Covid even harder. Never mind your neighbors and friends but at least give businesses the respect of wearing mask to not only support them but to support the economy which can become a whole other debacle.

In Tijuana you cannot enter a store or anywhere without a mask, temp check, and hand sanitizer. A dog and pony show perhaps but you know what ? it makes people feel a little better about being out and about knowing other people are conscious of what is going on . DENIAL breeds illness.It may not be doing anything but giving people a false sense of safety but at least it's headed in the right direction. Just acting on your own by doing NOTHING without respect for your community or others around you doesn't work.

You don't get a choice with this. The Constitution doesn't protect you from viruses !
The business thing, ok sure. But, I'm not here to make the rest of you babies feel safe and comfortable. The only DENIER here I see is you and others like you, denying the science and the statistics or maybe not smart enough to understand it.

Oh but I do have a choice. Who's going to stop me? Are you going to say something to every maskless person you see? Good luck with that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBMBPBLJSTP View Post
sg, cdc is following the science..it is their primary goal. The original alpha variant was less transmissible and extremely unlikely to transmit from someone who was vaccinated to any other people. However, the delta variant is much more transmissible compared to the alpha and the science shows this delta variant can be transmitted from a vaccinated person to others. Very big difference between the alpha and the delta. The virus changed, therefore the science changed , therefore the masking requirement has changed. Evolution and adaptation to the new scientifically proven delta threat.

and yes...if enough people do receive the shot, this U.S. pandemic will become an endemic(pockets of virus throughout instead of a wide spread pandemic) once this occurs, covid will become manageable thru testing and knowing exactly where these small pockets are.
More transmissible, yes. More deadly, no. The vaccinated are at an extremely low risk. So we are doing this 1) to protect the unvaccinated and 2) to make people feel safer.

Seeing as most people on this forum who are vaccinated think the unvaxxed are idiots, why do you care about item 1?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2021, 03:50 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,340,483 times
Masks are here to stay. FOREVER. Get used to it. Doesn't matter what the efficacy or lack thereof is. The Powers That Be, whom are elected and re-elected by solid majorities here in CA, want you to wear a mask as do the vast majority of your fellow citizens.

You will comply. You don't really have a choice.

Wear a mask. Or you're going to jail. So. You can be team player and a friend and get with the program and so as you're told. Or, you can fight a lost cause. And suffer the consequences.

It's coming. Welcome to the new world of the 2020's and beyond.

Old 07-28-2021, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
Masks are here to stay. FOREVER. Get used to it. Doesn't matter what the efficacy or lack thereof is. The Powers That Be, whom are elected and re-elected by solid majorities here in CA, want you to wear a mask as do the vast majority of your fellow citizens.

You will comply. You don't really have a choice.

Wear a mask. Or you're going to jail. So. You can be team player and a friend and get with the program and so as you're told. Or, you can fight a lost cause. And suffer the consequences.

It's coming. Welcome to the new world of the 2020's and beyond.
Please. Police are not going to enforce, this, at least not in my city. I bet you love ole Newsolini as well

Old 07-28-2021, 03:57 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,506,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post

More transmissible, yes. More deadly, no. The vaccinated are at an extremely low risk. So we are doing this 1) to protect the unvaccinated and 2) to make people feel safer.

Seeing as most people on this forum who are vaccinated think the unvaxxed are idiots, why do you care about item 1?
I am done with caring about what happens to the unvaxxed . They had their time and now they are on their own. The problem is, they are screwing it up for everyone else. The problem is, I have little kid who cant get a vax. My older kid already is vaxed. Wearing a mask, is more about protecting others than myself, and if a business asks, I'll comply, but I'm not personally worried about getting COVID anymore.

Old 07-28-2021, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSD1995 View Post
I am done with caring about what happens to the unvaxxed . They had their time and now they are on their own. The problem is, they are screwing it up for everyone else. The problem is, I have little kid who cant get a vax. My older kid already is vaxed. Wearing a mask, is more about protecting others than myself, and if a business asks, I'll comply, but I'm not personally worried about getting COVID anymore.
Yes they are screwing it up for everyone else and that is definitely one reason I am irritated with them. For the record, I never had a problem with the masks before. It's just that no one is following the data and it's really infuriating. I get what you are saying about your kids, but the are at extremely low risk of developing major symptoms or dying. If a business requires one, I'll just shop somewhere else. I'm not going to violate their policies, but I'm also not looking for a sign at the door any longer either. The main place I care about wearing a mask is at the gym. I can't run to the full extent with a mask on, and it inhibits my workout overall as well. As far as gyms go, I know for a fact there are plenty of gyms that won't make you wear a mask, even if they are mandated. So I'll likely cancel my 24 hour fitness membership if they go back to masking and find a new gym.

Old 07-28-2021, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
The main place I care about wearing a mask is at the gym. I can't run to the full extent with a mask on, and it inhibits my workout overall as well. As far as gyms go, I know for a fact there are plenty of gyms that won't make you wear a mask, even if they are mandated. So I'll likely cancel my 24 hour fitness membership if they go back to masking and find a new gym.
I cancelled my Gym membership and haven't been back. COVID taught me a lot of things, the main one being, I don't need much to be happy and thrive. So I (mostly) said goodbye to a lot of stuff that wasn't serving me anymore, and those things happen to correlate to being indoors (gym, office, dining out, shopping etc). My favored grocery store has a "masks optional" sign, I'm good with that and do not wear a mask.

Old 07-28-2021, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSD1995 View Post
I cancelled my Gym membership and haven't been back. COVID taught me a lot of things, the main one being, I don't need much to be happy and thrive. So I (mostly) said goodbye to a lot of stuff that wasn't serving me anymore, and those things happen to correlate to being indoors (gym, office, dining out, shopping etc). My favored grocery store has a "masks optional" sign, I'm good with that and do not wear a mask.
Well the masks optional sign may be changing soon. What store is that if I may ask? Maybe if they continue that policy, I'll shop there. Yes many people on these boards don't understand those of us that truly need the gym, but we do. I am not a meathead and I don't go that often. When the numbers were high I modified my behavior and went less, surfed more. But seeing as the numbers are low, and I have confidence in the vaccines, I still go about twice a week. My mental health depends on it.

Old 07-28-2021, 04:25 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,438,044 times
Quote:
sg, cdc is following the science..it is their primary goal. The original alpha variant was less transmissible and extremely unlikely to transmit from someone who was vaccinated to any other people. However, the delta variant is much more transmissible compared to the alpha and the science shows this delta variant can be transmitted from a vaccinated person to others. Very big difference between the alpha and the delta. The virus changed, therefore the science changed , therefore the masking requirement has changed. Evolution and adaptation to the new scientifically proven delta threat.

and yes...if enough people do receive the shot, this U.S. pandemic will become an endemic(pockets of virus throughout instead of a wide spread pandemic) once this occurs, covid will become manageable thru testing and knowing exactly where these small pockets are.
This memo should be on everyone's desk ASAP.

Old 07-28-2021, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I care about saving lives...vaxxed or unvaxxed. I care about reducing the spread by using masks. I care about reducing the spread to prevent future variants which may become more deadly. I care about reducing the spread which will allow businesses to remain open. yeah..I personally think unvaxxed are selfish fools. I don't want them to die.
They have every right to die. I am a climber I take that risk all the time. They don't want to be protected. The masks are not needed if you are vaccinated. Stores have the right to mandate them and so do states. People don't understand what "freedom" is. It's a double-edged sword in many ways. Most people want clear rules to follow so they can feel good. At this point, there should be no mask mandates and no shutdowns. Just mandate vaccination or testing and pressure these people to comply as fast as possible so ether they comply or we at least winnow them down to a small enough cohort that the virus stops mutating.

Old 07-28-2021, 09:30 PM

50,460 posts, read 47,177,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
^ THIS.

Running a business is hard and during times of Covid even harder. Never mind your neighbors and friends but at least give businesses the respect of wearing mask to not only support them but to support the economy which can become a whole other debacle.

In Tijuana you cannot enter a store or anywhere without a mask, temp check, and hand sanitizer. A dog and pony show perhaps but you know what ? it makes people feel a little better about being out and about knowing other people are conscious of what is going on . DENIAL breeds illness.It may not be doing anything but giving people a false sense of safety but at least it's headed in the right direction. Just acting on your own by doing NOTHING without respect for your community or others around you doesn't work.

You don't get a choice with this. The Constitution doesn't protect you from viruses !
The feelers? Makes people "feel better". Jesus Christ.

Virtue Signaling SOLVES NOTHING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego