Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2021, 07:17 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Do you wear 3, 4, or 5 masks since we know that one does nothing to stop anything? Fauci said 1 does nothing, but is it 2? Or 3? Or 4? Just wondering. How many do stores require? Is it only 1? Are masks like vaxxes where you need a booster? Do you wear like a booster mask? Is that what the second or third one would be called? Vax and mask almost rhyme, so why not get and have both so you can say "vaxxed and masked" when you enter places. It's a nice rhythmic use of words, don't you think?
The "Science". Like the older ladies in Goodwill buying up all the underwear and T shirts to make masks out of their garage. Underwear masks stopping a virus. That's some "Science" right there!!!

Whatever keeps their Bogeyman staying under the bed. Must suck to be that terrified of something you can't see all the time huh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2021, 08:54 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,929,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I went to see Jackson Browne and James Taylor on August 28. I generally don't wear masks but I wore an N-95 for much of the concert. I felt with that number of people I should.

Again normally I don't. I am fully vaccinated.
Sounds prudent. And let's hear it for the roadies

Old 10-22-2021, 06:18 AM

1,082 posts, read 832,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
This posts sounds whiney amirite or maybe I'm wrong.

There is some science supporting masking. I suggest to do so in crowds. Up to double.

Boosters are recommended for certain groups by the experts not whiney b*tch*s. I think the first peer-review article from Israel demonstrated booster clinical efficacy in preventing severe covid.

Public schools have historically required FDA approved vaccines for decades and decades. Called an immunization record or now passport.

What's next after Styx. Air Supply.
So, what kind of mask provides efficacy against said deadly virus? Is it the underwear ones made in some lady's garage like @1AngryTaxPayer suggested or is it the CVS type? Do you mean "whiney" as in too much wine or like complaining? I think when people have wine, these forums can get pretty funny. And what's that word up there with the asteriks in it? Something you aren't supposed to say on the open forum? And what is "severe covid" as opposed to just covid? There is a "severe" strain now? I thought it was ALL severe? Just trying to help you think through this stuff. It's important.

I am sure glad public schools are now the standard for how we should then live and move and have our being. I mean, no real skills taught, just blind suggestion to the unknown backed by one of the laziest group of people to grace the planet. That is definitely the standard I want for my kiddos....how to be a good parasite on society.

Annnnnyways, underwear or CVS or just the free ones they hand out at Walmart? These are real questions that need answers. Asking for a friend.

Old 10-22-2021, 08:41 AM

3,067 posts, read 1,737,720 times
Quote:
So, what kind of mask provides efficacy against said deadly virus? Is it the underwear ones made in some lady's garage like @1AngryTaxPayer suggested or is it the CVS type? Do you mean "whiney" as in too much wine or like complaining? I think when people have wine, these forums can get pretty funny. And what's that word up there with the asteriks in it? Something you aren't supposed to say on the open forum? And what is "severe covid" as opposed to just covid? There is a "severe" strain now? I thought it was ALL severe? Just trying to help you think through this stuff. It's important.

I am sure glad public schools are now the standard for how we should then live and move and have our being. I mean, no real skills taught, just blind suggestion to the unknown backed by one of the laziest group of people to grace the planet. That is definitely the standard I want for my kiddos....how to be a good parasite on society.

Annnnnyways, underwear or CVS or just the free ones they hand out at Walmart? These are real questions that need answers. Asking for a friend.
Why anyone responds to that clown is beyond me... We're talking about masks, NOT the vaccines. No, I'm not going to double or even single mask at a concert. The vaccines give a good amount of protection. I'm also not just going to wear one indefinitely until daddy tells me it's ok to stop. No, that's not whining, it's a statement of fact. At this rate, they'll never say it's ok to stop, because they are protecting their a$$es. Transmission rate is WAY down in San Diego, and down across the board as well. Use your brain. Think for yourself.

Old 10-22-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Why anyone responds to that clown is beyond me... We're talking about masks, NOT the vaccines. No, I'm not going to double or even single mask at a concert. The vaccines give a good amount of protection. I'm also not just going to wear one indefinitely until daddy tells me it's ok to stop. No, that's not whining, it's a statement of fact. At this rate, they'll never say it's ok to stop, because they are protecting their a$$es. Transmission rate is WAY down in San Diego, and down across the board as well. Use your brain. Think for yourself.
The vaxx rate of San Diego seems pretty good (smart place) versus other parts of the nation which are dumb.

Old 10-22-2021, 09:18 AM

Quote:

you okay, bro?

Old 10-22-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:

Severe Covid generally refers to disease requiring hospitalization. SARS is the virus and Covid is the disease.

My public school system was excellent; hard work and loving to always learn. Set me up well, including in civics (eg, Gop are now anti-democracy seditious fascists; regulated capitalism seems most sustainable over commie pinkos). They required an immunization record to matriculate; some may call it a vaccine passport.

Are we now going from the Styx concert to Air Supply.

Old 10-22-2021, 12:00 PM

1,536 posts, read 1,482,253 times
Quote:
Transmission rate is WAY down in San Diego, and down across the board as well.
I'm all for getting back to normal. It looked like we were about there in the spring. But hospitalizations for COVID are actually higher now than at this time last year. What followed last year was a winter surge. Are we going to get a repeat?

Old 10-22-2021, 02:00 PM

3,067 posts, read 1,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlt View Post
Are we going to get a repeat?
Unfortunately, I think so.

Old 10-22-2021, 05:00 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, I think so.
Yes, more people not being careful and gathering, traveling and more. Some just want to have fun more than act in ways to help protect their neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego