Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 02:14 PM

6,498 posts, read 7,525,332 times

Advertisements

The mask is actually quite nice in the winter, especially on cold evenings... in the summer heat it is intolerable, especially in the suffocating humidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2021, 02:50 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,468,243 times
I hate the mask. I just avoid going anywhere when they are required. Problem solved. I don’t fault businesses for trying to protect their customers and employees. Talk about a bunch of snowflakes

Old 07-28-2021, 02:53 PM

3,069 posts, read 1,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
YES you ARE doing it.

The baby in you is seeping through again.

Viruses develop and things change. Back to your muzzle whether you like it or not.

Its over for people like you. The walls are coming down on your type.

Sorry I wish I could be more positive but I can't . Eventually you and your people will be literally up against the world with your beliefs.
NO, I AM NOT. And there will be businesses out there who will not enforce it.

So how do we get out of this then? The vaccine is here. Are we just going to mask forever?

BTW the flip flopping by the CDC is terrible for messaging. Why would anyone get vaxxed at this point if they are just going to make you keep wearing masks? That was supposed to be the reward for getting vaxxed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSD1995 View Post
I hate the mask. I just avoid going anywhere when they are required. Problem solved. I don’t fault businesses for trying to protect their customers and employees. Talk about a bunch of snowflakes
It's not about being a snowflake. I'm not even saying they are violating our freedoms. But they are not letting this go and it has to stop. The data does not support it. The rolling average 7-day daily death rate is below 300. Cases mean nothing. The virus breaks through vaccinated people at times, but it's rare. These nuts are not following the science and refuse to let it go.

Last edited by stablegenius; 07-28-2021 at 03:02 PM..

Old 07-28-2021, 03:01 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,424,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post

So how do we get out of this then ? The data does not support masking.

What ?

Old 07-28-2021, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
What ?
I edited my post. Read it. Try hard to understand it. Then do some googling and verify what I've said. The CDC and others are not following the science. If we start masking again, when does it end? We were masking until we had the vaccines. We have them. So where is the goal post now???

Old 07-28-2021, 03:05 PM

Quote:
I edited my post. Read it. Try hard to understand it. Then do some googling and verify what I've said. The CDC and others are not following the science. If we start masking again, when does it end? We were masking until we had the vaccines. We have them. So where is the goal post now???
I don't necessarily disagree, but this whole "protest" around masks and vaccines is much dumber than people being afraid of getting sick. Running a business is hard enough without worrying about the liability of someone dropping dead on the job.

Old 07-28-2021, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I don't necessarily disagree, but this whole "protest" around masks and vaccines is much dumber than people being afraid of getting sick. Running a business is hard enough without worrying about the liability of someone dropping dead on the job.
I agree. But they are being the babies. Can they not read? Can they not assess risk? Do they not understand statistics? Why should I be the one to change my lifestyle when the data is in my favor??? We are never going to have zero Covid.

I totally agree about the protest on the vaccine. I don't get it and I think many of the same people were anti-maskers as well, doing it for the wrong reasons.

Old 07-28-2021, 03:23 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,424,318 times
Quote:
^ THIS.

Running a business is hard and during times of Covid even harder. Never mind your neighbors and friends but at least give businesses the respect of wearing mask to not only support them but to support the economy which can become a whole other debacle.

In Tijuana you cannot enter a store or anywhere without a mask, temp check, and hand sanitizer. A dog and pony show perhaps but you know what ? it makes people feel a little better about being out and about knowing other people are conscious of what is going on . DENIAL breeds illness.It may not be doing anything but giving people a false sense of safety but at least it's headed in the right direction. Just acting on your own by doing NOTHING without respect for your community or others around you doesn't work.

You don't get a choice with this. The Constitution doesn't protect you from viruses !

Old 07-28-2021, 03:28 PM

Quote:
I agree. But they are being the babies. Can they not read? Can they not assess risk? Do they not understand statistics? Why should I be the one to change my lifestyle when the data is in my favor??? We are never going to have zero Covid.

I totally agree about the protest on the vaccine. I don't get it and I think many of the same people were anti-maskers as well, doing it for the wrong reasons.
People are scared. It's ok for them to be scared. I would rather they irrationally protect themselves than spread the disease.

Old 07-28-2021, 03:30 PM

118 posts, read 66,136 times
Quote:
People are scared. It's ok for them to be scared. I would rather they irrationally protect themselves than spread the disease.
And of anyone knows about irrationality, it would be you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego