Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2021, 11:38 AM

3,067 posts, read 1,737,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
My rule has been masked employees, I'll wear mine. Not masked or spotty, forget it.

Either way, I'm good with it. Was at Lowes yesterday and saw about 30% employees with masks and maybe 10% customers but it was a slow part of the day. If there's any signage directing a policy, it's so well hidden that it might as well not be there.

The bigger danger right now is looking at the price of lumber (still) in these places.
This is sound logic, but the reasons I don't think it currently applies are:
  1. Why are the employees masked? Are they unvaccinated? Not my problem. They had a chance to get vaccinated and the odds I have a breakthrough case are very, very low.
  2. Are the employees masked because they're afraid? Also not my problem. Go out and find the data, assess the risk, the risk is low. It's not my job to coddle you.
  3. Same applies to any shoppers in there as well.

The respect for the store rules, ok. I do empathize with the businesses that have to put up with all of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Anything building related is ridiculous right now. I was going to spruce up the outside of the house but I'll wait. Nails, screws, bolts all 400% higher IF you can even find what you need.
I saw a 2 x 12 x 8 (I think) yesterday it was 37 bucks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2021, 06:13 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Okee dokee,

Today these stores not requiring:
Target
Home Depo
Ace Hardware
Walmart
Food for less
Smart and Final

Please list your updates

Old 07-29-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
This is sound logic, but the reasons I don't think it currently applies are:
  1. Why are the employees masked? Are they unvaccinated? Not my problem. They had a chance to get vaccinated and the odds I have a breakthrough case are very, very low.
  2. Are the employees masked because they're afraid? Also not my problem. Go out and find the data, assess the risk, the risk is low. It's not my job to coddle you.
  3. Same applies to any shoppers in there as well.

The respect for the store rules, ok. I do empathize with the businesses that have to put up with all of this.

I saw a 2 x 12 x 8 (I think) yesterday it was 37 bucks!
Someone said sheets of plywood were approaching 100? Good Gawd.

Old 07-29-2021, 07:59 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,929,483 times
Quote:
Okee dokee,

Today these stores not requiring:
Target
Home Depo
Ace Hardware
Walmart
Food for less
Smart and Final

Please list your updates
You like shopping, huh

Old 07-29-2021, 09:00 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,424,318 times
I don't understand how some of you can be applauding reckless behavior. It's almost a badge of honor for you guys. That's why this country is in such bad shape.

So Sad.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
I don't understand how some of you can be applauding reckless behavior. It's almost a badge of honor for you guys. That's why this country is in such bad shape.

So Sad.
Wear your mask. It's ultimately more important than the vaccine, right? Stay at home. You don't want to be around anyone that might scare you. Get the damn vaccine.

100% you will be safe by staying out of society. Stay home. Move to the Country. This is not going away anytime soon.

Let other people that have followed the rules live their life without the constant virtue signaling. Everyone is sick of it.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 07-29-2021 at 09:27 PM..

Old 07-29-2021, 10:14 PM

798 posts, read 502,184 times
Quote:
Wear your mask. It's ultimately more important than the vaccine, right? Stay at home. You don't want to be around anyone that might scare you. Get the damn vaccine.

100% you will be safe by staying out of society. Stay home. Move to the Country. This is not going away anytime soon.

Let other people that have followed the rules live their life without the constant virtue signaling. Everyone is sick of it.
Some of us have been too busy prepping to get the jab:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/9C9WIhsJ6Rnj/

Old 07-29-2021, 11:28 PM

Quote:

Vaccine is currently more important than masking.
Masking up in crowded environments makes sense.
I follow the guides and must be so confident and smart that I don't pay attention to the virtuers.
But the dumb stupid anti science hydroxys should be mocked and shamed; they may incubate the next variant, and make it hard for folks who love to shop to do so normally

Old 07-29-2021, 11:30 PM

798 posts, read 502,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Vaccine is currently more important than masking.
Masking up in crowded environments makes sense.
I follow the guides and must be so confident and smart that I don't pay attention to the virtuers.
But the dumb stupid anti science hydroxys should be mocked and shamed; they may incubate the next variant, and make it hard for folks who love to shop to do so normally
I shop online no problemo 4 moi

no jab 4 me and my family of 13 GATOS

IF THE DMV says I need the COVID 19 JAB TO DRIVE

GUESS WHAT???

I will get a bicycle.

**** THE CORRUPT GUBBERMINT BUNCH OF *******S!

Old 07-30-2021, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflag71 View Post
I shop online no problemo 4 moi

no jab 4 me and my family of 13 GATOS

IF THE DMV says I need the COVID 19 JAB TO DRIVE

GUESS WHAT???

I will get a bicycle.

**** THE CORRUPT GUBBERMINT BUNCH OF *******S!
AnYthINg to oWn thE liBs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego