Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 04:07 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,388,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Oh No Doubt, Fireworks are legal in Texas but illegal here in California. Which is good because when I lived in Louisiana someone always burned down a house from fireworks. People in Louisiana also don’t be set off fireworks at 2 in the morning, well at lease where I lived.
Fireworks are not illegal in CA, just certain ones and in certain areas (like San Diego).

When I lived in Louisiana, don't remember any stories about houses being burned down due to fireworks, deep fried Cajun turkeys seemed to cause a few though. Fireworks were not banned in LA but many places set hours for legal use - near me it was legal from 9am till 11pm or midnight 3rd-5th July.

In Las Vegas, fireworks are legal only the week before the 4th, technically all fireworks are illegal to even own, let alone use, at midnight on the 4th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 10:07 PM

50,371 posts, read 47,120,861 times
Even Austin sounded like a war zone the entire week. I think it was awesome. Gotta sleep with ear plugs.

Old 07-09-2021, 11:19 AM

3,350 posts, read 2,317,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Fireworks are not illegal in CA, just certain ones and in certain areas (like San Diego).

When I lived in Louisiana, don't remember any stories about houses being burned down due to fireworks, deep fried Cajun turkeys seemed to cause a few though. Fireworks were not banned in LA but many places set hours for legal use - near me it was legal from 9am till 11pm or midnight 3rd-5th July.

In Las Vegas, fireworks are legal only the week before the 4th, technically all fireworks are illegal to even own, let alone use, at midnight on the 4th.
Fireworks that shoot into the air or explode like the ones most people complain about on Nextdoorare officially banned anywhere in California. Many of those high powered bootlegblack market stuff made underground or smuggled from Mexico are likely also federally banned as well or illegal in most all states of the union.

Though the culture of overregulation and how it appears everything is illegal these days seems to fuel this blackmarket in CA particularly in cities and counties that ban all consumer fireworks stands outright even in areas where wildfires are a non issue Ie around the rocky coastal areas with 100% humidity in July. Despite consumer fireworks being already heavily regulated by the state.

Interesting I was in Calavarous county last Fourth of July. Despite being heavily wooded in the mountains they stated this years fireworks stand/burn ban is unprecedented meaning they normally allow state authorized fireworks stands. It appears due to the nature they only banned as a last result and unlike places that ban all fireworks except display at all times the Public surprisingly compliant this year, not a boom could be heard. Calavarous county and Angels camp’s emergency fireworks moratorium equally includes all Public display fireworks as well.

San Diego County and all it’s incorporated cities being so close to the Mexican border and all of them banning all California regulated firework stands sprawled a massive black market of fireworks imported from Mexico in which the local fire martial are powerless to control. Thus causing all these complaints. Similar situation occurs in LA proper and the Bay Area where only three cities officially permit state legal fireworks stands. While there was a lot of wildfires in California over the years I haven’t heard a single one that was started by fireworks even the illicit non state approved ones. Or one that had started fourth of a July.

CA should really follow the example of AZ that cities and counties cannot ban state legal fireworks stands unless the state declares the area that year as a extreme fire risk zone. This is the only way to regain public respect and fight back against the massive black market of illicit, noisy, and dangerous fireworks In other words fight fireworks with fireworks.

Old 07-09-2021, 01:09 PM

10,329 posts, read 6,876,687 times
I didn’t notice a mark-ed increase in amateur hour. Must be a lot of old folks around me!

(I’ve heard, it’s hard to make Final Jeopardy!)

I see them hobble out at 0400hrs, waiting for their paper to hit the ground.

Oh crap, that’s ME!!!
Attached Thumbnails
People setting off personal Fireworks is out of Control-7af7cccc-82e7-491e-b3db-6dfcc501cf09.jpeg  

Old 07-09-2021, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
I didn’t notice a mark-ed increase in amateur hour. Must be a lot of old folks around me!

(I’ve heard, it’s hard to make Final Jeopardy!)

I see them hobble out at 0400hrs, waiting for their paper to hit the ground.

Oh crap, that’s ME!!!
It appears the culture of arbitarily COVID rules, similar to arbitrary banning state legal fireworks stands at coastal, rocky, non wildfire danger zones has lead to wide spread civil disobedience in terms of blowing black market type fireworks in areas I been to. And 2020 seems much worse than previous years. Having seen V for Vendetta I remember how fireworks were symbol of freedom from the Totalitarianism regime their dystopian world was in. Symbolling the end of that regime. This movie eerily resembles what happened in 2020. With everything's practically illegal due to arbitrary legislation over the years even before COVID and the rule by decree culture since COVID people lose all respect of the government.
The main issue is the local governments arbitrarily banning heavily regulated state approved fireworks sales which is totally an arbitrary action in coastal San Diego area where fire danger is a non issue and consequentially lead to people going underground buying/selling/smuggling and setting off dangerous blackmarket bootleg stuff. Which is lucrative with the border nearby. In addition to noise it lead to tragic consequences such as someone getting their body parts blown off. Its kind of similar to gun legislation(in the US) and drug legislation which only helped to drive the market underground where they become more dangerous. Come to think of it banning or tightening legal immigration resolve the illegal immigrant issue. The US is already very tight in allowing legal immigration in. Even non immigrants find US a major hassle to enter or even transit compared to many other developed countries. Its just that it has great trouble controlling its back door.

Interestingly I noticed in places I been to that allows state approved fireworks sales the time around Fourth of July, I hear far less of those sonic barrier breaking high powered black market fireworks being set off. And they comply much better with temporary bans during times of high fire danger. In that case display fireworks and other types of fires are equally banned. Calaveras County is a much more dangerous county for any type of fire use due to it being heavily wooded and in a mountain area, yet I heard its only this year when fireworks stands are banned due to fire danger. Thus is really absolutely no excuse for cities like Imperial Beach, Del Mar, Coronado, and National City as well as any part of coastal San Diego to ban the heavily safety tested state legal stuff from being sold by non profits. These are 100% humid almost every night of the year and don't ever have dry brush anywhere within city limits, thus a wildfires are a non issue.

https://pacificlegal.org/most-ridicu...-restrictions/
Interesting article which explains the reason why people lose trust with government and rebel these years.
I believe this has great

Old 07-09-2021, 09:53 PM

9,825 posts, read 11,565,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
It appears the culture of arbitarily COVID rules, similar to arbitrary banning state legal fireworks stands at coastal, rocky, non wildfire danger zones has lead to wide spread civil disobedience in terms of blowing black market type fireworks in areas I been to. And 2020 seems much worse than previous years. Having seen V for Vendetta I remember how fireworks were symbol of freedom from the Totalitarianism regime their dystopian world was in. Symbolling the end of that regime. This movie eerily resembles what happened in 2020. With everything's practically illegal due to arbitrary legislation over the years even before COVID and the rule by decree culture since COVID people lose all respect of the government.
The main issue is the local governments arbitrarily banning heavily regulated state approved fireworks sales which is totally an arbitrary action in coastal San Diego area where fire danger is a non issue and consequentially lead to people going underground buying/selling/smuggling and setting off dangerous blackmarket bootleg stuff. Which is lucrative with the border nearby. In addition to noise it lead to tragic consequences such as someone getting their body parts blown off. Its kind of similar to gun legislation(in the US) and drug legislation which only helped to drive the market underground where they become more dangerous. Come to think of it banning or tightening legal immigration resolve the illegal immigrant issue. The US is already very tight in allowing legal immigration in. Even non immigrants find US a major hassle to enter or even transit compared to many other developed countries. Its just that it has great trouble controlling its back door.

Interestingly I noticed in places I been to that allows state approved fireworks sales the time around Fourth of July, I hear far less of those sonic barrier breaking high powered black market fireworks being set off. And they comply much better with temporary bans during times of high fire danger. In that case display fireworks and other types of fires are equally banned. Calaveras County is a much more dangerous county for any type of fire use due to it being heavily wooded and in a mountain area, yet I heard its only this year when fireworks stands are banned due to fire danger. Thus is really absolutely no excuse for cities like Imperial Beach, Del Mar, Coronado, and National City as well as any part of coastal San Diego to ban the heavily safety tested state legal stuff from being sold by non profits. These are 100% humid almost every night of the year and don't ever have dry brush anywhere within city limits, thus a wildfires are a non issue.

https://pacificlegal.org/most-ridicu...-restrictions/
Interesting article which explains the reason why people lose trust with government and rebel these years.
I believe this has great
Good Article Repped
Although you are giving these so Called Freedom patriots to much credit with the V for Vendetta Ref...

Old 07-09-2021, 11:11 PM

Man, do I have a stash for next year or new years Dropped a couple large for the good stuff. Will have to store at my buddies out in Ramona

Old 07-10-2021, 12:12 AM

6,513 posts, read 7,551,641 times
[quote=hitman619;61394339]My friend now living in Texas posted this to my facebook Page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_X_SYD3z-8

Britney mentioned Roman Candles....those are mine and the kids favorite! On my way to San Antonio tomorrow for the rest of July, for sure stopping in New Mex for some Black Cat artillery. It's been like a rain forest at our ranch the last few weeks, so no real fire danger.

Old 07-10-2021, 08:19 AM

Sorry I meant to say will banning or further limiting legal immigration or simply making all immigration illegal resolve the illegal immigration issue at all?

The issue is those black market stuff people keep complaining about is already illegal in the state. And a good number of them may be federal illegal as well. Banning the legal stuff never did anything to the black market. Instead it only made the black market much bigger of homemade or smuggled explosives. Cities that insists on having a permanent blanket ban on all fireworks including legal ones end up having the largest blackmarkets of illegal & dangerous fireworks. Unfortunately those politicians just won't learn and still think they know what's best. Though of course they are manipulated by powerful special interests who things they know what's best. Its just a matter of who shouts the loudest and its their views they impose on the officials they influence on that affects people living in a particular juristication. COVID explains this well. Not only with different governments but different corporations people depend on.

I am surprised no incorporated city in SD County exercised their authority to permit state approved fireworks stands. This is unique in SoCal as there are at least a few incorporated cities in every other surrounding counties that give permits to operate state legal firework stands. SD is the only county in SoCal that has zero such cities. I am assuming the massive blackmarket selling bootleg smugged fireworks from neighboring Mexico, likely having backroom deals with various city council members, don't want that to happen since they would no longer have executive market on fireworks should TNT be able to sell their legal stock in San Diego. Thats likely the reason SD doesn't enforce those selling/using such fireworks. There is absolutely no reason to ban state regulated safety approved fireworks stands in places like Imperial Beach and other coastal cities where there is no dry brush at all and plenty of humidity/fog. Though Politicians everywhere need to understand that allowing fireworks stands that operates in accordance with state law is the only solution to help shrink the illegal fireworks blackmarket. Not that they ever listen.

Last edited by citizensadvocate; 07-10-2021 at 08:48 AM..

Old 07-10-2021, 08:29 AM

There are bunches of YouTube videos how to make the big ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego