Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about May Gray / June Gloom
Don't Like it, depressing. 27 35.53%
I like it. 32 42.11%
I don't care either way. 17 22.37%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 02:27 PM

6,504 posts, read 7,536,063 times

Advertisements

Silly topic just for kick, but it's one that affects everyone in SD.

When I lived near the coast I used to hate May Gray and June gloom and I found it depressing, but in my 8 years in East County I have learned to love it. It's so nice that it's cloudy and cool, good time to get stuff done outside.

The only time it's a bummer is when we have company from out of town, it's sunny and warm in at the house and we want to hit the beach only to drive over the valley on the 8 to see the dark marine layer in the horizon. Then you think to yourself, "ah crap, I forgot to bring a sweater."

How do you feel about May Gray / June Gloom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 02:37 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Silly topic just for kick, but it's one that affects everyone in SD.

When I lived near the coast I used to hate May Gray and June gloom and I found it depressing, but in my 8 years in East County I have learned to love it. It's so nice that it's cloudy and cool, good time to get stuff done outside.

The only time it's a bummer is when we have company from out of town, it's sunny and warm in at the house and we want to hit the beach only to drive over the valley on the 8 to see the dark marine layer in the horizon. Then you think to yourself, "ah crap, I forgot to bring a sweater."

How do you feel about May Gray / June Gloom?
Keep a fleece in car. It's nothing versus the pacific northwest which has six months of it.

Old 05-19-2018, 02:46 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
I really don't like this time of year, it's our winter. Strong winds, mist and yuck. Bring on the heat!!

Old 05-19-2018, 07:20 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,853,343 times
It'll be hot and muggy soon enough. Fall is my favorite time of year in SD (less crowds, nicest weather, it's usually crisp cool nights and sunny cool days) but I like the cool early summers too. You're not going to catch me complaining about San Diego weather.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:34 PM

782 posts, read 759,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
It'll be hot and muggy soon enough. Fall is my favorite time of year in SD (less crowds, nicest weather, it's usually crisp cool nights and sunny cool days) but I like the cool early summers too. You're not going to catch me complaining about San Diego weather.
"hot and muggy" here?

Been here 2 years, never felt muggy or anything like what I felt on the East Coast period, then again I love Tropical Weather.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:36 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,853,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aewan68 View Post
"hot and muggy" here?

Been here 2 years, never felt muggy or anything like what I felt on the East Coast period, then again I love Tropical Weather.
It gets hot and muggy in August. Did I say it’s as bad as on the East Coast? Nope.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:48 PM

782 posts, read 759,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
It gets hot and muggy in August. Did I say it’s as bad as on the East Coast? Nope.
Maybe for you it does, I haven't felt anything close to what I'd define as "muggy" based on the dew point scale. I experienced 75 and higher living in the Northeast, Deep South and South Florida prior. I remember once in PA during the summer, the dewpoint was over 80 for several days, it felt like you could cut the air with a knife.

Old 05-20-2018, 01:15 AM

987 posts, read 779,652 times
I love this weather. Enjoy it, soon summer humidity will be coming followed by the Santa Anas and fire season

Old 05-20-2018, 04:01 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,575,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aewan68 View Post
"hot and muggy" here?

Maybe it was the summer of 2015 but it was miserable here. Dew points were in the mid-60s. Until that year, I didn't know the difference between Dew Point and Relative Humidity.

Pacific hurricanes usually breakup over the southern Baja California peninsula and then head north up to Phoenix where they have their annual 'monsoon season.' But that year, the hurricane remnants were following the coast of Baja California and ending up in San Diego. The portable AC shelves in both Costco and Home Depot were cleaned to the bone.

San Diego sure does make you a weather pansy.

Old 05-20-2018, 06:03 AM

4,539 posts, read 12,404,526 times
I don't just like the May/Gray June/Gloom

I FREAKIN' LOVE IT!!!!

HAPPY-HAPPY JOY-JOY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego