Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2022, 12:52 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,476,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
What to do when COL is putting people out in the streets.... ? Get a hustle sell stuff make your own money. If people aren't allowed to do that you better be ready to support them.

As ugly as these set ups are at least they aren't asking for handouts...right ? Or should Newsom give them some of your money ?
What makes you think that? Pretty easy to still get your EBT card when you show ZERO income from your stand selling unlicensed NFL hats, mexican wrestling masks, and expired hot dogs. I’m sure every vendor declines their free Medi-Cal insurance too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2022, 01:52 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,449,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
What makes you think that? Pretty easy to still get your EBT card when you show ZERO income from your stand selling unlicensed NFL hats, mexican wrestling masks, and expired hot dogs. I’m sure every vendor declines their free Medi-Cal insurance too?
Then good for them. I am happy to know they are getting assistance.

Old 03-02-2022, 03:19 PM

5,785 posts, read 4,752,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Oh look, you knew this was coming, the race card.

"As currently drafted the sidewalk vending ordinance is restrictive and punitive, further targeting and marginalizing immigrants, low income community members, and community members of color."

https://www.10news.com/news/local-ne...ndor-ordinance
Sounds like something Lorena Gonzalez would say.

Old 03-02-2022, 03:20 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,480,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
What to do when COL is putting people out in the streets.... ? Get a hustle sell stuff make your own money. If people aren't allowed to do that you better be ready to support them.

They're allowed to do it, they just have to do it right like everyone else.
I went and looked and I was wrong about the city's business tax certificate. The most basic one (which would easily cover a street vendor) costs $38 and can be applied for all online now. That's not exactly a big hurdle. That and a resale certificate from the state (free) is all that's being imposed.

Old 03-02-2022, 04:31 PM

50,532 posts, read 47,308,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
I wonder how much Koby swap meet charges. I wouldn't think it would be that much. The boardwalk shouldn't be a swap meet. If they let it well I might even open up a stand. It looks ridiculous at night where the lock all the ez ups together. If they want LA they should just move there.

All it's gonna take is a bunch of people getting food poisoning or dying from a batch of bath tub cheese to start the law suites against the city for allowing it.

They had to crack down on all the other "activities" that started hogging all the beach too like impromptu massive yoga classes.

Old 03-02-2022, 04:43 PM

15,137 posts, read 32,411,477 times
Welcome to Kobey's Swap Meet | Sellers

Old 03-02-2022, 05:38 PM

6,518 posts, read 7,586,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They had to crack down on all the other "activities" that started hogging all the beach too like impromptu massive yoga classes.
I've also seen massive crowds line dancing on the boardwalk.

Old 03-02-2022, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I've also seen massive crowds line dancing on the boardwalk.
Navigating this mess while on wheels has gotten stupid. It reminds me of the crowds of drunks that used to hang out in front of LaHaina in the summer. If they'd fix Mission Blvd I'd take it but that is suicide on a bike right now.

Right outside of a bar too. You know a batch of these people are tanked just like at In Kahoots on a Friday night.

Old 03-02-2022, 07:52 PM

3,126 posts, read 1,782,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sounds good to me, effective June 2022.

And of course some are complaining that it's not fair. Not sure how it's unfair, when in reality it's unfair to those businesses that have been abiding by the rules and regulations.

https://www-nbcsandiego-com.cdn.ampp...e%2F2883988%2F
Good. They are making Mission Beach trashier than it already was. Oh but just saw jooson’s post about it only being $38. That’s a pretty low bar to entry so unfortunately probably won’t change much. Probably just a token regulation at that point.

Last edited by stablegenius; 03-02-2022 at 08:01 PM..

Old 03-02-2022, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Good. They are making Mission Beach trashier than it already was. Oh but just saw jooson’s post about it only being $38. That’s a pretty low bar to entry so unfortunately probably won’t change much. Probably just a token regulation at that point.
Add more homeless druggies we'll have OB North
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego