Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2022, 08:26 PM

50,246 posts, read 47,005,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
My sweet rescue dog I've adopted seems to be triggered by those beach carts in Balboa park. She must have been as traumatized by them as you when patrolling the beaches of TJ.
You have a very valuable dog. Most dogs can't smell TDS. Hang on to it, it will keep you safe during elections. Maybe keep a med kit on it's collar. For instant gratification, one of those "I've fallen and I can't get up" buttons. Be safe.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 06-05-2022 at 08:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2022, 08:43 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,930,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You have a very valuable dog. Most dogs can't smell TDS. Hang on to it, it will keep you safe during elections. Maybe keep a med kit on it's collar. For instant gratification, one of those "I've fallen and I can't get up" buttons. Be safe.
I liked it better when you blocked me.
But as the Brokeback Mountain character said, "you can't quit me"
trump is an democracy terminating insurrectionist.
Vote for Sheriff David Meyers for common sense well regulation of gun safety.
Nevertrump.

Old 06-14-2022, 05:39 PM

Immigrants rights groups say decision is unfair. Looks like they prefer the Kobe swap meet look at the beach.

Old 06-14-2022, 11:11 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,448,585 times
For real? What more do they want? You can't legally conduct retail business in SD for less than $38 a year, even at Kobe's swap meet.

Old 06-21-2022, 08:16 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,176,492 times
Saw this update in the news today:
"Vending will not be allowed in Balboa Park and along the beach and bay in Ocean Beach, Mission Beach, Pacific Beach, and La Jolla during summer months"

there is a pdf presentation available for download that has far more details posted on when, where and what restrictions there will be.

Of note - these restrictions appear to be in force year-round:
"• Vending activities are prohibited in the following locations in Balboa Park: the 25-foot area surrounding within the Central Mesa’s National Landmark Historic Zone and its vicinity include El Prado, Village Place, Pan American Road East and West, Pan American Plaza, Old Globe Way, Chapel Road, Spanish Village, Plaza de Panama, Plaza de California, Plaza de Balboa, War Memorial Building, the Carousel, Spreckels Organ Pavilion, and Presidents Way as well as the covered pathways

• Also in the gardens including: 1935 Old Cactus Garden, Alcazar Garden, Casa del Rey Moro Garden, Desert Garden, Florida Canyon Native Plant Preserve, Inez Grant Parker Memorial Rose Garden, Marston House Garden, Palm Canyon, Trees for Health Garden, Veterans Memorial Garden, and Zoro Garden

• Coastal sidewalks: Portions of Coast Boulevard, Newport Avenue, Garnet Avenue, and Ventura Place"

Old 06-22-2022, 09:23 AM

However, the California Coastal Commission must sign off on the ordinance before implementation.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:40 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,453,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInSD View Post
Saw this update in the news today:
"Vending will not be allowed in Balboa Park and along the beach and bay in Ocean Beach, Mission Beach, Pacific Beach, and La Jolla during summer months"

there is a pdf presentation available for download that has far more details posted on when, where and what restrictions there will be.

Of note - these restrictions appear to be in force year-round:
"• Vending activities are prohibited in the following locations in Balboa Park: the 25-foot area surrounding within the Central Mesa’s National Landmark Historic Zone and its vicinity include El Prado, Village Place, Pan American Road East and West, Pan American Plaza, Old Globe Way, Chapel Road, Spanish Village, Plaza de Panama, Plaza de California, Plaza de Balboa, War Memorial Building, the Carousel, Spreckels Organ Pavilion, and Presidents Way as well as the covered pathways

• Also in the gardens including: 1935 Old Cactus Garden, Alcazar Garden, Casa del Rey Moro Garden, Desert Garden, Florida Canyon Native Plant Preserve, Inez Grant Parker Memorial Rose Garden, Marston House Garden, Palm Canyon, Trees for Health Garden, Veterans Memorial Garden, and Zoro Garden

• Coastal sidewalks: Portions of Coast Boulevard, Newport Avenue, Garnet Avenue, and Ventura Place"
Fantastic news. Now enforce it.

Old 06-22-2022, 10:08 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,176,492 times
Digging a little further, the City of San Diego has a webpage dedicated to the new Sidewalk Vending rules

Probably most helpful is the map page - note the red-shaded areas: no vending allowed year-round!

Attached Thumbnails
San Diego City Council Overwhelmingly Passes Street-Vendor Ordinance-lajolla.jpg   San Diego City Council Overwhelmingly Passes Street-Vendor Ordinance-missionbay.jpg   San Diego City Council Overwhelmingly Passes Street-Vendor Ordinance-balboapark.jpg  

Old 06-22-2022, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInSD View Post
Digging a little further, the City of San Diego has a webpage dedicated to the new Sidewalk Vending rules

Probably most helpful is the map page - note the red-shaded areas: no vending allowed year-round!

Awesome!

I still can't believe the city let these hawkers chain together their easy ups EVERY night.

Old 06-23-2022, 12:05 PM

3,345 posts, read 2,307,166 times
Interesting I read there were ordinances and permitting requirements in the past from another poster but they were nullified due to a change in state law which lead to a new more free for all situation the last two years Is this correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego