Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2007, 08:33 AM

121 posts, read 663,221 times

Advertisements

http://www.ziprealty.com/buy_a_home/logged_in/search/my_home_detail.jsp?listing_num=061092906&property_ type=SFR&mls=mls_sandiego&cKey=66cpc2zv&source=SAN DICOR (broken link)

Seriously...who can afrford this?? This is like a dream!! On the ocean..can you imagine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2007, 08:35 AM

Sorry..the link won't show?
By the way "if" anyone is looking at homes in SD area ziprealty.com it's the best site I've come across so far with the most listings.

Old 01-14-2007, 06:43 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,089,875 times
I am not registered so I cant see the house. Can you show us a picture or at least describe it and give the size and price? Lets say the house costs $2m, youd need to win at least $15m after taxes to afford that house without going broke in 20 years like what happened to some

Old 01-14-2007, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
I am not registered so I cant see the house. Can you show us a picture or at least describe it and give the size and price? Lets say the house costs $2m, youd need to win at least $15m after taxes to afford that house without going broke in 20 years like what happened to some
Thanks for the tpu
It was 4.5 mil ocean front property!! I know...it's just a dream...but hey...no one won the powerball yet..it's up to like 180 mil

Old 01-14-2007, 09:46 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,486,143 times
Wife and I took a drive in La Jolla this afternoon. I have my eye on one of those shake-shingled pre-war stucco Tudors in La Jolla Shores... but I don't play the lottery :-)

Old 01-14-2007, 10:11 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,089,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imissthefall View Post
Thanks for the tpu
It was 4.5 mil ocean front property!! I know...it's just a dream...but hey...no one won the powerball yet..it's up to like 180 mil

You are welcome. What does such a mansion look like? How many bedrooms? 8? 10? 15? Must be huge because its 4.5 million! If you win 180 million, dont you get like 90 million as a lump sum(assuming they give half)? Then after taxes youll have 50-60 million(depends on the taxes and deductions)
You could take annual payments instead(over 30 years?) thats 6 million a year before taxes! Tell me more about the powerball, we dont have that in Florida. Our lottery was $14m last winner. The lucky guy pockets near $5m after lump sum and taxes. Thats enough for a $500k house(10% rule) and retire on the rest of the money and live easy for life. I usually play the fantasty 5 because the odds are so much better than the lottery's 1:23m its ridiculous!

Old 01-15-2007, 11:53 AM

144 posts, read 935,842 times
My favorite property for sale in San Diego is a 9 acre historic estate with grounds that are breathtaking.

It's only 40 million, and it even has its own website: www.theultimateestate.com (broken link)

I love sneaking around huge homes that are being built in Rancho Santa Fe. It's funny because all of the homes seem to follow the same formula. They're almost too big, but I wouldn't be crying if I had to live in one of those homes.

My dream home set up is to have the 9 acre paradise in Rancho Santa Fe, a beach front cottage in the Del Mar Colony, a penthouse in a pre-war manhattan building on the Upper East Side (either that or a penthouse at 15 Central Park West, I'm undecided). I also would have a home in the british virgin islands. If I'm really rich, than I'll have a tiny cabin with a BIG view in Big Sur.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
You are welcome. What does such a mansion look like? How many bedrooms? 8? 10? 15? Must be huge because its 4.5 million! If you win 180 million, dont you get like 90 million as a lump sum(assuming they give half)? Then after taxes youll have 50-60 million(depends on the taxes and deductions)
You could take annual payments instead(over 30 years?) thats 6 million a year before taxes! Tell me more about the powerball, we dont have that in Florida. Our lottery was $14m last winner. The lucky guy pockets near $5m after lump sum and taxes. Thats enough for a $500k house(10% rule) and retire on the rest of the money and live easy for life. I usually play the fantasty 5 because the odds are so much better than the lottery's 1:23m its ridiculous!
The powerball is a lottery that a bunch of states participate in. So the jackpot can get huge. No one won last Sat so the jackpot is up to 180 mil...

The really nice house is not really a mansion...location..location..location..it is right on the beach and breathtaking views... we can all dream right????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego