Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 06:47 PM

8 posts, read 26,184 times

Advertisements

I'm moving out to San Diego to be with my husband. He is currently stationed on North Island and we were offered housing in Bayview Hills... near Paradise Hills I believe.

I've heard a huge mix of good and bad and would like to hear more opinions. A lot of the bad comes from the fact the houses are in the hills above National City and from what I hear National City has a high crime rate.

My husband and I come from DC, so I'm just wondering how is it compared to DC if that's possible. Also, if anyone knows any info about Bayview Hills itself... I hear the actual community is nice and seems safe since it's all military, but sure how it's effected from being so close to National City.

Thank you for any information or advice you guys can give us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 10:12 AM

169 posts, read 859,342 times
no the military housing itself isn"t bad, and as far as the area to me you wont have to fear for your personal safety. I aint gonna lie, there's gangs, drugs, all that in the surrounding areas, but if your not involved in it you dont have much to worry. One thing though, do you have kids? if you do keep an eye on them, cuz its real easy for them to get sucked into all the hood bs, especially when the husbands are out at sea.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:18 AM

9,527 posts, read 30,477,668 times
Bayview Hills is actually really nice and is sort of self-contained as it has the exchange and it's own stripmall right in the development. The immediately surrounding neighborhood is working-to-middle class, mostly Latino and Filipino. It's not as bad as many people say, but it's not the greatest area in San Diego either.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:23 AM

443 posts, read 2,135,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmingan View Post
I'm moving out to San Diego to be with my husband. He is currently stationed on North Island and we were offered housing in Bayview Hills... near Paradise Hills I believe.

I've heard a huge mix of good and bad and would like to hear more opinions. A lot of the bad comes from the fact the houses are in the hills above National City and from what I hear National City has a high crime rate.

My husband and I come from DC, so I'm just wondering how is it compared to DC if that's possible. Also, if anyone knows any info about Bayview Hills itself... I hear the actual community is nice and seems safe since it's all military, but sure how it's effected from being so close to National City.

Thank you for any information or advice you guys can give us.
Bayview Hills are nice. I agree witht he poster above, not the greatest neighborhood but def not the worst. The area itself is really nice. You may want to check out www.cinchosue.com

Old 01-16-2009, 09:48 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,270,506 times
Not sure either by what you mean...EAST ???

We lived in some nice small apt's in '83. They had just built them. They were 900 sq. feet 2 bdrms/2 baths. I believe now they are condos. If you need more info DM me.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:09 PM

8 posts, read 26,184 times
thanks everyone. my husband and I have spent quite a bit of time in the area and feel a lot more comfortable with things and your responses helped give us a good idea as well.

and Sillypups... I have no idea what you're talking about "east". I was asking about a specific community and how safe the area seemed... but thanks for responding as well.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:49 PM

41 posts, read 111,059 times
Smile moving to San Diego questions about the IT field and schools

Hello all anyone out there (Sassberto your help is required ) can you give me an advice about San Diego and the IT field ? My husband is working here in New England and we are thinking to move there...and find possibly good school districts safe neighborhoods, for a family of 5....I need to finish school myself and we are considering to attend UC of SD...we awere thinking about east Chula Vista, Otay Ranch, we know Poway and Rancho Bernardo are nice but they look far away from downtown where UCSD is...right? any other suggestions? Thank you all

Old 01-18-2009, 10:55 PM

117 posts, read 340,832 times
UCSD is not located downtown. It is north around La Jolla and Torrey Pines. So Poway and Rancho Bernardo would actually be closer than Chula Vista and Otay Ranch. Poway has amazing schools just from what I've heard from parents.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:44 AM

41 posts, read 111,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Jhwk View Post
UCSD is not located downtown. It is north around La Jolla and Torrey Pines. So Poway and Rancho Bernardo would actually be closer than Chula Vista and Otay Ranch. Poway has amazing schools just from what I've heard from parents.

yes you are right, It's in La Jolla But can you tell me something about Poway and Rancho Bernardo? how much more expensive are compared to East Chula Vista and Otay Ranch? Safety?

Old 01-20-2009, 09:35 PM

117 posts, read 340,832 times
That I would not be able to tell you since I just moved here back in November. Wish I could help more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego