Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2009, 11:57 AM

7 posts, read 21,869 times

Advertisements

I'll soon be working for a company that is located within the zip code 92128. I visited the area just a couple of days ago, but only for a few hours. My first choice would be to live in Rancho Bernardo; however, rents for a 3 bdrm apartment tend to be high; are there any decent neighborhoods in Escondido where I can locate a 3 bdrm apartment? I say Escondido because it's where the church we'll be attending is located, (Encino Dr). Our budget is for something no more than $1500/month. We have no school age kids; therefore, we don't care about the quality of the schools, but we definitively need a quite neighborhood. Or should we focus on Rancho Bernardo? Please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 03:31 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,570,523 times
Most people like a short commute to work. You should be able to find a nice place in Rancho Bernardo (zips 92127 & 92128) for around $1500 a month. Those zip codes are huge with lots of residential properties.

Here's a nice example: Trilevel 3 bedroom condominium for rent (http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/apa/1387882692.html - broken link)
A little on the high-end of your target number but it's newer and in a very nice area.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:20 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,590,922 times
From Escondido to RB you'll have a difficult commute.

You might look also in Bernardo Heights (east of RB) or in 4S Ranch (SW of RB)

Old 09-30-2009, 12:50 AM

48 posts, read 147,025 times
I don't think the commute would be difficult. The traffic for me(San Marcos to Miramar) usually is bad at the 78 merge(AM/PM) and the NC mall(PM). If your dead set on Apartments Deerwood Apt wasn't bad and their near the 4S area. Check around because you can rent a Townhouse or Condo for around or sometimes cheaper than an apartment. Also staying off the "Fwy" is always a plus.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:46 AM

7 posts, read 21,869 times
Thank you for your input. I found a very nice, greatview and well kept 3 BR/2.5 bath home for $2150/month right in Escondido off Encino Dr. I purposely drove from work to this house on Friday at 4:30 PM in the middle of rush hour traffic; it took me just 22 minutes; I don't consider that a big deal at all. We'll be moving by the end of this month; we'll verify for sure if we made a right decision; if not, we have a six month lease, it'll give us plenty of time to find something more suitable or perhaps buy a home!

Old 11-11-2009, 06:24 PM

5 posts, read 11,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_wondering View Post
Thank you for your input. I found a very nice, greatview and well kept 3 BR/2.5 bath home for $2150/month right in Escondido off Encino Dr. I purposely drove from work to this house on Friday at 4:30 PM in the middle of rush hour traffic; it took me just 22 minutes; I don't consider that a big deal at all. We'll be moving by the end of this month; we'll verify for sure if we made a right decision; if not, we have a six month lease, it'll give us plenty of time to find something more suitable or perhaps buy a home!
Encino is a good area of Escondido, and it's much better renting a home vs apartment. Yet, there are some great apartments in 92127, 92128 and 92129. I insure many apartments in that area, so if you need a list of some good ones, or a good property manager to find a good home to rent, click my link and shoot me an email or call.

--Cheers--
www.fast2insure.com

Old 11-11-2009, 09:59 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,428,174 times
To be honest, it's hard to compare RB to Escondido as RB is consistent from top to bottom, quiet, posh, safe suburban living. Home costs there are alot more because the Poway school district is top notch and crime is close to non-existent, so that pulls a premium.

Escondido is not bad, but it is not real consistent either. Also, that commute south is awful in the morning. If I had to pick, I would live south and commute north if possible. Some of the older parts of Rancho PQ and Poway have decent smaller homes you can rent in the $1500 range. Mira Mesa further south will definitely have homes in that price range.

If you want to stick with Escondido, try the area back behind North County fair. That part of Escondido butts up against RB and is pretty nice. Rancho Pasqual is one part, but I am not sure you will find rentals back there.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:43 PM

291 posts, read 957,732 times
Check out Emerald Heights in Escondido. It is a very nice & safe (gated) community. There's a nice local Mexican restaurant called Cenote (cenote Grill), which is GREAT! Emerald Heights is also very close to 78 and 15 but you might want to check out the traffic pattern going into RB. You might have a hard time if going from 8-5, but if you have a flexible schedule it could work out really well. GL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego