Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 09:47 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,637,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkrayzk View Post
After reading this I had to create a profile just to comment on how stupid every single comment on here is....plain ignorant to the original question, which did all of you even answer with all of the "Typical" not so original answers you answered with. I'm in the same situation and think all these replies are are pointless, because of a few things,

1. I consciously made the decision to speed knowing what my backup plans and reprocussions were
2. I do not want to drive back out to winterhaven to go to court
3. Money is not an issue to me
4. My time is more valuable........clearly because I was speeding
5. Ive used traffic lawyers before and have paid less, gotten more tickets reduced/dismissed and dealt with less bullsh*t than the times I had to pay or didn't get it handled at all.

Based on my pointers above, pretty much pokes holes in all of your lame a$$ excuses, so eat one.

Mad props to the first person who actually answers the original question correctly.
Nice first post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 10:42 AM

9,826 posts, read 11,584,165 times
Quote:
After reading this I had to create a profile just to comment on how stupid every single comment on here is....plain ignorant to the original question, which did all of you even answer with all of the "Typical" not so original answers you answered with. I'm in the same situation and think all these replies are are pointless, because of a few things,

1. I consciously made the decision to speed knowing what my backup plans and reprocussions were
5. Ive used traffic lawyers before and have paid less, gotten more tickets reduced/dismissed and dealt with less bullsh*t than the times I had to pay or didn't get it handled at all.

Based on my pointers above, pretty much pokes holes in all of your lame a$$ excuses, so eat one.

Mad props to the first person who actually answers the original question correctly.
Drugs and the internet don't mix

Old 12-06-2013, 11:29 AM

50,479 posts, read 47,229,720 times
Quote:

The exact same writing style. I think you should fight the ticket. Get an expensive Attorney and fight it. You don't have a hair on your ..... if you don't.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:49 AM

2 posts, read 6,063 times
A traffic attorney costs $100, that's well worth the time alone for the gamble, not to mention everything else associated with being the standard citizen and paying/going to court getting charged. My record with this, 9 to 1, whereas 9 have gotten dismissed (no point), reduced to parking citation (no point), or amended to different offense (no point) and 1 which lost. Add the points up I "would have" received and insurance, court fees, and time lost would be much more than the $900 total ive paid to just not deal with it. Makes a lot of sense. And for hitman619, the only one on drugs is the one who has not exercised these options yet, are you one of them? Yup. anything else?

Old 12-11-2013, 07:17 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,089,340 times
Quote:
A traffic attorney costs $100, that's well worth the time alone for the gamble, not to mention everything else associated with being the standard citizen and paying/going to court getting charged. My record with this, 9 to 1, whereas 9 have gotten dismissed (no point), reduced to parking citation (no point), or amended to different offense (no point) and 1 which lost. Add the points up I "would have" received and insurance, court fees, and time lost would be much more than the $900 total ive paid to just not deal with it. Makes a lot of sense. And for hitman619, the only one on drugs is the one who has not exercised these options yet, are you one of them? Yup. anything else?
All I'm getting from this is you drive too fast, too often

Old 12-11-2013, 07:27 AM

50,479 posts, read 47,229,720 times
Thanks for spending your money locally!

Old 03-12-2014, 01:33 PM

8 posts, read 15,808 times
Default Unjust speeding ticket on I-8

Found this discussion and HAD to comment.

2 weeks ago, while driving on I-8 from San Diego to Yuma in a rental car while on vacation, I received a speeding ticket from CHP in this area.

With nothing to do but drive and converse with my 3 other passengers for a couple of hours, we actually discussed how terrific cruise control was during our travel. I had very carefully tweaked it so it was reading just a thread below EXACTLY 70 mph. We could just set it at the speed limit and relax!!! Then, I get pulled over. The officer tells me I was going 83. Several passengers had previously observed the 70 mph cruise control setting when we were talking about it, and with nothing else to do, I probably observed the setting a couple of times a minute including when the patrol car lights went on. So the whole group shuddered when he announced this. I told him I had the car set on cruise control at 70 mph. He said "I clocked that car that passed you and he saw me and slowed down, but you didn't." Well, of course I didn't, I wasn't speeding. Nevertheless, he writes me a ticket for going 83 mph in a 70.

I and several of my passengers KNOW that the cruise control was set on 70mph. Of that I have absolutely NO doubt. We wondered, could the vehicle's cruise control drift that far out of whack while still displaying 70 mph on the speedo? We decided to test it. On the way back to San Diego, same road, same dry, uncrowded conditions, we hooked up a Magellan GPS unit (which calculates mph). Over a couple of hours, we observed (and I photographed - see below) that with the cruise control set at 70, the actual speed varied between 67.7 mph and 68.7 mph.

Not exactly 83 mph as I was charged. Either that vehicle behaved VERY differently the day of my citation, or the officer is in error. How could this officer make such a huge mistake?

We are back at home in Oregon now and I haven't received anything from them regarding the "bail" but I am planning on pleading not guilty and contesting this failure of justice. I have the photos showing both the GPS reading next to the speedo set at 70 and maybe that will help.

I have a pristine driving record and haven't had a citation for over 30 years (I'm 64, retired and never in a hurry to get anywhere!!!).

So what do you think about this???

Old 03-12-2014, 01:53 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,289,591 times
I would request the meter reading if he was claiming he got you at 83. While GPS units are not exact, they can be typically off by a MPH or two, but not 12 MPH. That is crazy.

Definitely contest it.

On a side note, did he get you going downhill? Some cruise control systems dont do very well for downhill speed in my experience renting cars. Some do, some dont and I have seen it cruise well out of the speed for going downhill.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:39 PM

8 posts, read 15,808 times
Default meter reading

Hi shmoov_groovzsd,

Out of curiosity, what is a meter reading?

I notice on the citation, he wrote the word (pace) under the word speed.

Just looking for clues!

thanks

Old 03-12-2014, 07:12 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,029,811 times
Pace means they were following you at your speed over the course of a few miles generally and deducted your speed through his observation. Sometimes shorter distances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego