Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:44 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times

Advertisements

I live in North Park, and the choppers are out every night. They don't bother me at all. I used to live in the East Villlage, where you hear sirens every 15 minutes. I would much rather hear the choppers, I kind of like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 08:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,276 times
These cops should downscale and fly ultralight aircraft if anything but that would not be in line with new four wheel drives, Dodge Charger cars, Harley Davidson motorcycles and fat pensions allowing them to retire after 15 or 20 years of 3 day shifts with 80 percent of their salary. Overpaid and underworked just like the firefighters. And if you want to check there are many far more dangerous professions such as mining, etc. so don't give me the "they deserve it due to the danger". Well working in a kitchen can be dangerous too but no on argues these guys should be making a lot more.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:43 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,854,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmith123 View Post
These cops should downscale and fly ultralight aircraft if anything but that would not be in line with new four wheel drives, Dodge Charger cars, Harley Davidson motorcycles and fat pensions allowing them to retire after 15 or 20 years of 3 day shifts with 80 percent of their salary. Overpaid and underworked just like the firefighters. And if you want to check there are many far more dangerous professions such as mining, etc. so don't give me the "they deserve it due to the danger". Well working in a kitchen can be dangerous too but no on argues these guys should be making a lot more.
Nice anti-public safety workers rant there. Have an axe to grind?

Old 04-14-2010, 09:07 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Ah yes! The ever popular ghetto birds. Haven't heard them since we left CA.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:14 PM

176 posts, read 635,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmith123 View Post
You usually don't go to work in a kitchen wondering if you'll get to see your family when you get home or if you'll get shot in the back instead.

Cops, firefighters, teachers, and nurses are underpaid and overworked if anything.

Trying to say they don't deserve it because there are more dangerous professions is like saying you can't care about our local homeless because kids in darfur are way worse off than them.

Honestly, your trolling is pathetic and I hope one day you can grow up and see what a fool you really are.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:53 PM

13 posts, read 25,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevevaboy View Post
I would love to communicate with others that feel as ill as I do over this constant intrusion into our right to peace and quiet.
Welcome to San Diego, get used to it. Freeways are all over the place, accidents will happen.

You chose to live next to the coast. You know what you get when you live next to the coast? COAST GUARD!

Not to mention the several military bases of course.

You're gonna have to deal with it.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,068 times
Default Helicopter Noise

July 5th, 2010

Helicopter noise in San Diego is outrageous. Between Police, Lifeguard, Military and News helicopters -- a day does not go by that my right to peaceful enjoyment is not infringed upon. The Police helicopters fly way too low, fly at all hours of the morning (2:00 a.m. and later) and consistently seem to hover for long periods of time over residential areas. In Bay Park, especially at the SeaWorld and Morena intersections -- helicopter noise is a chronic nuisance. The people in charge seem completely insensitive to the negative effects all of this noise is having on homeowners. The police could ask their pilots to fly higher, alternate flight patterns, and use helicopters for only the most serious of crimes. I have often called to complain and dispatch says they're looking for a stolen car. Well, use patrol cars and stop disturbing hundreds of sleeping residents just so you can play with your big toys -- they (the police and news helicopters have no sense of discretion). Why do we need to get traffic reports from 3 or more helicopters representing 3 or more networks. The same goes for the police ignoring municipal code and allowing PA systems to blast at volumes that can be heard beyond code limits. Why is a police helicopter using a PA system for 15 minutes straight that can be heard inside our homes with windows closed informing a neighborhood that an elderly man is missing -- again, no discretion. San Diego is a noisy place and the mayor permitting retrofitted mufflers that make trucks and cars louder along with permitting very loud motorcycles to operate between the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. is another example of no sensible leadership.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nojjy View Post
July 5th, 2010

Helicopter noise in San Diego is outrageous. Between Police, Lifeguard, Military and News helicopters -- a day does not go by that my right to peaceful enjoyment is not infringed upon. The Police helicopters fly way too low, fly at all hours of the morning (2:00 a.m. and later) and consistently seem to hover for long periods of time over residential areas. In Bay Park, especially at the SeaWorld and Morena intersections -- helicopter noise is a chronic nuisance. The people in charge seem completely insensitive to the negative effects all of this noise is having on homeowners. The police could ask their pilots to fly higher, alternate flight patterns, and use helicopters for only the most serious of crimes. I have often called to complain and dispatch says they're looking for a stolen car. Well, use patrol cars and stop disturbing hundreds of sleeping residents just so you can play with your big toys -- they (the police and news helicopters have no sense of discretion). Why do we need to get traffic reports from 3 or more helicopters representing 3 or more networks. The same goes for the police ignoring municipal code and allowing PA systems to blast at volumes that can be heard beyond code limits. Why is a police helicopter using a PA system for 15 minutes straight that can be heard inside our homes with windows closed informing a neighborhood that an elderly man is missing -- again, no discretion. San Diego is a noisy place and the mayor permitting retrofitted mufflers that make trucks and cars louder along with permitting very loud motorcycles to operate between the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. is another example of no sensible leadership.
Maybe you should just move way out into the sticks, so you won't hear anything at all.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:15 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,899,749 times
I think its wicked cool to watch the Navy Seahawks, (Sikorsky SH-60) come real low into the canyon adjacent the Naval Hospital -and my house- and circle around almost every day. Our neighbors have been Navy pilots and my good buddies are a Navy Seal and another a Lt. (just had them over for a BBQ last night). I'm not about to dis the Navy aspect of my town- and a few police helicopters getting the bad guys doesn't bother me either.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
I think its wicked cool to watch the Navy Seahawks, (Sikorsky SH-60) come real low into the canyon adjacent the Naval Hospital -and my house- and circle around almost every day. Our neighbors have been Navy pilots and my good buddies are a Navy Seal and another a Lt. (just had them over for a BBQ last night). I'm not about to dis the Navy aspect of my town- and a few police helicopters getting the bad guys doesn't bother me either.
I totally agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego