Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 07:24 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,165,165 times

Advertisements

LoL NOT THIS AGAIN. The A's are the scum of the MLB, like the raiders are to the nfl. Seriously Parti, stop with the trevor cahill nonsense. The dude pitched games against kc, baltimore, pitt, cleveland, etc. You call that hard? Gio had to pitch way tougher teams. Look what happened when Cahill pitched against the yankees. He got destroyed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 11:30 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,096,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
LoL NOT THIS AGAIN. The A's are the scum of the MLB, like the raiders are to the nfl. Seriously Parti, stop with the trevor cahill nonsense. The dude pitched games against kc, baltimore, pitt, cleveland, etc. You call that hard? Gio had to pitch way tougher teams. Look what happened when Cahill pitched against the yankees. He got destroyed.
This is a bit off-topic, NorCal troll.

You're a special guy - you're the first person to ever take a crap on a 22- year old pitcher pitcher that finished 9th in AL Cy Young voting alongside guys like Cliff Lee, Jon Lester, Felix Hernandez, that was an all star, that won 18 games in a season (with an ERA below 3) despite being in AAA for the entire first month of the season.

Ah, I still remember at the beginning of last season when you called him "a scrub"

This spring, his velocity is up too. I can't wait to see his development. But, I'm a baseball fan. I'm excited to see plenty of other players on plenty of other teams.

Quietly enjoy your Giants title all the way out there in Sacramento, k? No one's keeping you from that.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...tr01&t=p&year=

Cahill only beat the dregs of the MLB? He beat divisional opponents with similar records - The Rangers and the Angels 6 times. He also beat your Giants. Of the two world series teams, he beat Texas (4-1), (3-1), (3-2) three times and San Francisco (6-1) once.

He's 22 dude.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:08 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,548,962 times
Quote:
LoL NOT THIS AGAIN.
Yes. This again.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
This is a bit off-topic, NorCal troll.

You're a special guy - you're the first person to ever take a crap on a 22- year old pitcher pitcher that finished 9th in AL Cy Young voting alongside guys like Cliff Lee, Jon Lester, Felix Hernandez, that was an all star, that won 18 games in a season (with an ERA below 3) despite being in AAA for the entire first month of the season.

Ah, I still remember at the beginning of last season when you called him "a scrub"

This spring, his velocity is up too. I can't wait to see his development. But, I'm a baseball fan. I'm excited to see plenty of other players on plenty of other teams.

Quietly enjoy your Giants title all the way out there in Sacramento, k? No one's keeping you from that.

Trevor Cahill 2010 Pitching Gamelogs - Baseball-Reference.com

Cahill only beat the dregs of the MLB? He beat divisional opponents with similar records - The Rangers and the Angels 6 times. He also beat your Giants. Of the two world series teams, he beat Texas (4-1), (3-1), (3-2) three times and San Francisco (6-1) once.

He's 22 dude.
LoL now your trying to throw out that the A's beat other al west teams? The al west sucked last year LoL. Please , look at the link you provided. Look at the teams he pitched against. Like 8 of those games are suck arse teams cahill pitched against. You are obsessed with overrating him. And of course I called him a scrub, he was in the minor leagues and did not even make the cut for 5 spot. The only put him in once J-duesh got injured. That by definition is a scrubino.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:21 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,096,376 times
Quote:
LoL now your trying to throw out that the A's beat other al west teams? The al west sucked last year LoL. Please , look at the link you provided. Look at the teams he pitched against. Like 8 of those games are suck arse teams cahill pitched against. You are obsessed with overrating him. And of course I called him a scrub, he was in the minor leagues and did not even make the cut for 5 spot. The only put him in once J-duesh got injured. That by definition is a scrubino.
Not that there was anything insightful to reply to, but:

All Cy Young capable pitchers beat bad teams in head-to-head matchups. King Felix had 13 wins last year and won the Cy Young. Think a few of those weren't against Baltimore, KC, and Cleveland? Come on.

Associated Press (San Francisco): Tim Lincecum refuses to pitch against divisional foe, Arizona. "I feel it's in mine and NorCal Dude's best interest not to to overrate myself by beating the competition put forth before me." Lincecum said, "What good is 20 wins if they don't all come against the Yankees? Last year when I won my first Cy Young, I trounced the likes of Houston and Chicago and Arizona - nice try. Not this time."

I love when you chime in on baseball. Never gets old.

PS. The AL champion came out of the AL West. Pretty sure that's not a bad thing.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
Not that there was anything insightful to reply to, but:

All Cy Young capable pitchers beat bad teams in head-to-head matchups. King Felix had 13 wins last year and won the Cy Young. Think a few of those weren't against Baltimore, KC, and Cleveland? Come on.

Associated Press (San Francisco): Tim Lincecum refuses to pitch against divisional foe, Arizona. "I feel it's in mine and NorCal Dude's best interest not to to overrate myself by beating the competition put forth before me." Lincecum said, "What good is 20 wins if they don't all come against the Yankees? Last year when I won my first Cy Young, I trounced the likes of Houston and Chicago and Arizona - nice try. Not this time."

I love when you chime in on baseball. Never gets old.

PS. The AL champion came out of the AL West. Pretty sure that's not a bad thing.
LoL you can huff and puff all you want to with your trevor cahill cy young nonsense but it is never going to happen. When nearly 50% of cahills wins are agains teams that could not hit their way out of a wet paper bag, its going to over inflate his stats. I have much more respect for Gio, who pitched through much more adversity.

LoL NOW YOUR TRYING TO COMPARE CAHILL TO TIM, one of the best pitchers in the world???? Good lord you A's fans keep getting more delusional by the day.

And again look at the Al west stats. You had texas, who won (barley beating oakland), and you had oakland at 500 and the rest of the teams were sub 500.

So all but one team in the AL west had a record over 500. Oh wow thats so impressive. I mean, really amazing man.

PS , the al champs coming out of the west was a bad thing. It was one of the lowest rated world series in baseball as far as tv and radio ratings go. If the giants had played the yankees, it would have been epic.

The only people who watch the al west are people out west, no body back east cares because the teams are so bad, ROFL. But you can believe everyone out east knows who timmy, posey, panda, and the giants are!!!

Old 03-24-2011, 04:54 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,281,603 times
Don't you have a minor league baseball game you could be watching in Sac instead of trolling our board? Or what about those AWESOME Sacramento Kings?

Old 03-24-2011, 05:01 PM

Hey north carolina, how many baseball teams you got where you come from again?? Thought so. No ones trolling, me and parti debate this like clock work. And I am a bullsfan, you know a team thats going to the play offs? As far as they kings go, well they destroyed the always pathetic warriors recently, so you tell me. But this is baseball talk. Oh yea and this isn't 'your' board. You don't own city-data last time I checked.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:13 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,281,603 times
I've been too busy watching the NCAA tourney to care much about pre-season baseball right now. I'm from ACC country and we tend to tune everything else out until March Madness is over. Because I actually live in Oakland, go to As games, and care about the economic boost a new stadium could provide, I feel like what I have to say matters. You, on the other hand...

Old 03-25-2011, 12:31 AM

36,660 posts, read 67,548,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Don't you have a minor league baseball game you could be watching in Sac instead of trolling our board? Or what about those AWESOME Sacramento Kings?
Funny cause the Kings are even more urgent about leaving Sacramento than the A's are about leaving Oakland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland