Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:51 AM

675 posts, read 1,190,401 times

Advertisements

I can't believe there isn't a thread on this already, what's wrong with you San Franciscans ? It takes a NYer to start this thread ? GO Giants ! I became a big Giant's fan when I lived out there from 1999-2006. They became my National League team (Yankees are my #1 team overall, Giants are my 2nd favorite team). I was so happy when the Giants won 2 years ago, I was wishing I could've attended that parade when they won. I had gone through the heartache of 2002, having a 3-2 game lead and losing, though I'm sure there are some long time San Franciscans who have suffered longer than I did.

So, Let's Go Giants !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 10:56 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttocs99 View Post
Yankees are my #1 team overall, Giants are my 2nd favorite team
I honestly can't think of a more annoying combination of two teams/fanbases than this.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:05 AM

mod cut - orphanedI can understand rooting for a team in the opposite league from your #1 team but even though it's in the past the Yankees and Giants used to have a big rivalry. The Giants booted the Yankees from Polo Grounds after the Yankees made the WS, guess the Giants have a history of being a spiteful, classless ballclub.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 10-25-2012 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the post you refer to has been deleted

Old 10-25-2012, 11:57 AM

675 posts, read 1,190,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I can understand rooting for a team in the opposite league from your #1 team but even though it's in the past the Yankees and Giants used to have a big rivalry. The Giants booted the Yankees from Polo Grounds after the Yankees made the WS, guess the Giants have a history of being a spiteful, classless ballclub.
It's easy to understand, I'm a native NY'er, so therefore my love for the Yankees. I lived in the Bay Area from 1999-2006, and became very fond of the SF Giants, therefore they became my National League team, and my second favorite. So sue me, lol.

I wouldn't say the Giants are a classless ballclub, listen everyone, if you hate the Giants, you don't need to post your hatred in this thread. This is for fans of the club. Go Giants !

Old 10-25-2012, 12:13 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
I hate baseball, but am always happy to support my local teams! Go Giants!!!

Old 10-25-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttocs99 View Post
It's easy to understand, I'm a native NY'er, so therefore my love for the Yankees. I lived in the Bay Area from 1999-2006, and became very fond of the SF Giants, therefore they became my National League team, and my second favorite. So sue me, lol.
Well a lot of Giants fans don't know or recognize the team's history pre-AT&T so I guess it par for the course here.

Quote:
I wouldn't say the Giants are a classless ballclub
Lets see, kicking the Yankees out of Polo Grounds because they didn't like their long ball style and them making the WS. Preventing the A's from building a much needed new ballpark in SJ after the A's helped them from being shipped off to Florida and now they won't return the favor despite the A's being in a very similar situation they were once in. Seems they have a history of being a spiteful and classless ballclub to me.

What's funny is that they wouldn't even have moved to SF originially if it weren't for the Dodgers. They pretty much owe their existence in SF to the Dodgers and the A's.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:24 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,010,977 times
I'll be wearing my Giants hat all this week.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:55 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Preventing the A's from building a much needed new ballpark in SJ after the A's helped them from being shipped off to Florida and now they won't return the favor despite the A's being in a very similar situation they were once in. Seems they have a history of being a spiteful and classless ballclub to me.
Too bad it's not a Bay Bridge series this year. The above situation would have made it a bit more personal, especially for Lew Wolff.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:08 PM

793 posts, read 1,343,115 times
You tell 'em, ttocs!

Hard to believe, but this Red Sox fan is agreeing with a Yankees fan. I have much in common, although I lived in the bay area before and longer than you did, I adopted the Giants as my national league team.

I won't go on and on, but this was one of my gripes when I lived there. Not enough intensity and too many fair weather fans.

And pssst Doc...It's a Giants cap.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:02 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,697,846 times
Not my favorite team by a long shot, but I'll give grudging respect to the Orange and Black for once again being the luckiest damn team on the planet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland