Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2013, 07:24 PM

486 posts, read 832,311 times

Advertisements

I've been looking at SFh and Condos in Santa Rosa. I'm very new to the area but I've done a lot of research and talked to co-workers and the recommendation is to stay in the northwest and northeast part of Santa Rosa. I've found a number of nice condos in the NE part that are within my budget. The only SFh I've found in my budget are in the NW part which I've heard is not as nice and has some rougher areas.

Can I can some yea/nah recommendation on the following units/areas. Or maybe recommend some units in nice areas for under $300K/$320K.

Tuliptree Rd Santa Rosa, CA

Mikayla Dr Santa Rosa, CA 95403

2453 Barkis Ct, Santa Rosa, CA

Thanks!

Hypersion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 10:29 PM

2,846 posts, read 4,520,659 times
Tuliptree Rd = close to Coffee Park. Homes are nice; you're close to Kohl's & Kmart. When this area was 1st developed it was a classy area. Now? Hit & miss. Some areas are still pretty stinking cute, others are not maintained.

Mikayla Dr = older part of town. Which means the houses are not cookie cutter, the lots tend to be bigger. Not as many people driving thru the area. Be warned! Some of these areas will flood! Shop wisely in this area only for this reason.

Barkis Ct = probably about the same age as Tuliptree. Homes are nice. Fulton is a major artery in town, do spend some time in this area during rush hour traffic to get a feel for how MUCH traffic there will be vs how much you will hear it from your backyard. You are right down the road from just about everything - Ralph's grocery store (Fulton & Guerneville); G&G (College & Stony Pt); Redwood Credit Union (College & Stony Pt).

Happy shopping!

Old 03-31-2013, 12:23 AM

Thanks for your help cre8lite. All the units I look at where in good shape and the local neighbors where nice looking. No dead yards or cars on blocks ect. All the units local streets had almost no traffic.

I could hear some traffic at the the Barkis unit but it wasn't too bad. I should return at rush hour before I put in an offer.
The Mikayla unit is the smallest and newest units I'm looking at. Good to know about the flooding. I'll have to make sure to talk to my RE agent about that. I put an offer on the Mikayal unit I hope I get it.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:24 AM
zdg

845 posts, read 1,972,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
Ralph's grocery store (Fulton & Guerneville)
Not a big deal, but that store is a Raley's, not a Ralph's.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:23 PM

What about a unit at WALTZER Rd just north of pine. Or is this too far south to be in a good area.

Thanks again!

Old 04-01-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdg View Post
Not a big deal, but that store is a Raley's, not a Ralph's.
not, bad.......i got 3 outta 4

grocery store
starts with an R
on the fulton & gureneville rd intersection

Old 04-01-2013, 08:45 PM

waltzer is in the area of piner high - which is located in between quail holler & jenes lane on fulton road. so piner road is a major road for high school students. it's a nice part of town, but can be crowded during school times. the homes tend to be cookie cutterish

Old 04-02-2013, 05:14 PM

Thanks for all the help. I heard that the area near steele ln and the coddingtown can be a bit rough. But maybe it's overblown.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:30 PM

personally? i wouldn't live in the steele ln/coddingtown area - maybe in the coddingtown/guerneville rd area, but NOT steele ln. it's an older part of town, with "town" growing up around it. which means postage size yards & LOTS of traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland